• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals attend Georgia Tech's Pro Day

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Could Stephen Hill be in the Bengal's future?

excerpt~

With Jerome Simpson's legal and productivity issues, the Bengals are expected to be searching for a number two receiver in either free agency or the draft. One possibility to fill the number two receiver position may be Georgia Tech receiver Stephen Hill. Newly-hired assistant coach, Hue Jackson, was seen at the Georgia Tech Pro Day on Tuesday and Hill's athletic skills were on display. Jackson spent the 2004-2006 seasons as the Bengals receivers coach. He was brought on this offseason to be an assistant secondary coach and assistant special teams coach.

The Bengals sent Jackson to Georgia Tech for good reason. They could potentially be interested in Stephen Hill with pick number 17 or 21, given their need and with Jackson's career including stints as an offensive coordinator and receivers coach, he surely knows what he's looking for. NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock seems to like what Hill has to offer:

"I think he’s just kind of overwhelming from a height-weight-speed-upside perspective. I think he runs too well and catches too well to get out of the first round, in my opinion"

2012 NFL Draft: Hue Jackson In Attendance at Georgia Tech's Pro Day - Cincy Jungle

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Stephen Hill be in the Bengal's future?

excerpt~

With Jerome Simpson's legal and productivity issues, the Bengals are expected to be searching for a number two receiver in either free agency or the draft. One possibility to fill the number two receiver position may be Georgia Tech receiver Stephen Hill. Newly-hired assistant coach, Hue Jackson, was seen at the Georgia Tech Pro Day on Tuesday and Hill's athletic skills were on display. Jackson spent the 2004-2006 seasons as the Bengals receivers coach. He was brought on this offseason to be an assistant secondary coach and assistant special teams coach.

The Bengals sent Jackson to Georgia Tech for good reason. They could potentially be interested in Stephen Hill with pick number 17 or 21, given their need and with Jackson's career including stints as an offensive coordinator and receivers coach, he surely knows what he's looking for. NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock seems to like what Hill has to offer:

"I think he’s just kind of overwhelming from a height-weight-speed-upside perspective. I think he runs too well and catches too well to get out of the first round, in my opinion"

2012 NFL Draft: Hue Jackson In Attendance at Georgia Tech's Pro Day - Cincy Jungle

Now see, his bio and recap of his combine contradicts that. He is fast as hell and a big fella, but it says he has an issue making catches.

14 other WR graded out higher than Hill at the combine, and his notes are linked here.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue gave us the 17th pick, it's only fair if he gets to make it.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Query

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Rembert.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill has butterfingers badly, so not sure where the "Catches too well" comment is coming from, but they guy is still a serious threat. I think it's a good move.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now see, his bio and recap of his combine contradicts that. He is fast as hell and a big fella, but it says he has an issue making catches.

14 other WR graded out higher than Hill at the combine, and his notes are linked here.

WhoopS, that'll teach me to read it all before posting.

The above is correct, Hill has bad hands. Still, that could possibly be overcome?