• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals at Packers 9/24/2017

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injury report is truly ugly today. Bulaga took a step back.

c7ec3807-d2da-46ab-91ad-a16f07ed10a8.png

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's fucking week 3 and this shit is already starting. Can we please fire the strength and conditioning coach already?

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I have come to except the fact that this is the way it is. I don't know what it will take for it to change but to me, it's par for course. Play ball!

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Rodgers to get this last monkey off his back.

The Bengals are one of the teams that could have drafted Rodgers and passed. Maybe a little extra motivation.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals are one of the teams that could have drafted Rodgers and passed. Maybe a little extra motivation.
2/3s of the NFL is in that boat.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a tough game with all the walking dead on the sidelines. :L

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I can see GB losing this one. The defense has to figure it out or we are just watching Groundhog Day.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I can see GB losing this one. The defense has to figure it out or we are just watching Groundhog Day.

Thanks defense for another year of non existence. Can the Capers regime PLEASE come to an end!!! I just see a repeat of last year. This is pathetic. When a team's offense is struggling all they need to do is play the Packers and all will be right as rain. :doh:

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another pick for Rodgers. I guess we should just R-E-L-A-X.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first half, the Bengals were just making great plays. That second TD was inexcusable, but for the most part, the Bengals were just doing everything right. In the second half, it was nice to see they were able to make adjustments and tighten things up. Joe Mixon is going to be a handful for a lot of teams, I think. I know the defense was missing Mike Daniels, but I hope they can do better without him down the road.

That said, Josh Jones made a few mistakes, but overall, he had a huge game and showed he could be a cornerstone player in this defense for years to come. Kevin King didn't suck, but he was inconsistent. He missed some tackles, but had some other really nice plays. He should take some huge jumps by the end of the season.

Final thought: our backup tackles SUCK!!!!!

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win.

But this team does not resemble anything close to a championship caliber unit. Yes, the injuries are a factor and these are the Packers. So it's almost a guarantee that injuries will plague this team until the end of the season. But playing a bad bengals team at home that hadn't scored a touchdown this season the defense let them march down the field and score like they were a offensive juggernaut. I truly believe the game has passed Capers on by.

I'm not ready to start a fire MM thread but ask yourself, if they didn't have Rodgers how many games do you think GB would win every year during his tenure? Not many, I'm sure of that. If it wasnt for Rodgers there wouldn't be any offense.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win.

But this team does not resemble anything close to a championship caliber unit. Yes, the injuries are a factor and these are the Packers. So it's almost a guarantee that injuries will plague this team until the end of the season. But playing a bad bengals team at home that hadn't scored a touchdown this season the defense let them march down the field and score like they were a offensive juggernaut. I truly believe the game has passed Capers on by.

I'm not ready to start a fire MM thread but ask yourself, if they didn't have Rodgers how many games do you think GB would win every year during his tenure? Not many, I'm sure of that. If it wasnt for Rodgers there wouldn't be any offense.
The Packers will always have a shot at the SB providing Rodgers is their QB. Without him they would probably win only 4 or 6 games.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers will always have a shot at the SB providing Rodgers is their QB. Without him they would probably win only 4 or 6 games.

A shot, yes, but he can't do it himself. He needs a good supporting cast. From the coach to the rookie on special teams. He doesn't have that and that's why they will come up short and have come up short for years now.

Mark my words, the defense will be the downfall.
A win is a win.

Side note: maybe if Bennett stood and didn't waste his energy raising his fist during the anthem he might catch some passes. He needs to get his head out of his ass and in the game or he won't be worth the headache.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A shot, yes, but he can't do it himself. He needs a good supporting cast. From the coach to the rookie on special teams. He doesn't have that and that's why they will come up short and have come up short for years now.

Mark my words, the defense will be the downfall.

Side note: maybe if Bennett stood and didn't waste his energy raising his fist during the anthem he might catch some passes. He needs to get his head out of his ass and in the game or he won't be worth the headache.
Dom Capers should be fired.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dom Capers should be fired.

Capers still has the respect of most of the league. The D did a good job yesterday only giving up 10 points after the 1st quarter and only 3 points in the 2nd half. Capers doesn't draft the guys that Ted's missed on. There's been too many high draft picks made on D that didn't work out. Datone Jones, Justin Harrell, Randall & Rollins (probably), Thornton....

Grimm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capers still has the respect of most of the league. The D did a good job yesterday only giving up 10 points after the 1st quarter and only 3 points in the 2nd half. Capers doesn't draft the guys that Ted's missed on. There's been too many high draft picks made on D that didn't work out. Datone Jones, Justin Harrell, Randall & Rollins (probably), Thornton....

I have to agree. Give Capers Von Miller and Earl Tomas and a top CB and suddenly its the best D in the league.

I didnt get to watch the game live, I had it DVRed and knew the score before I watched. That would have been a stressful one to watch, It looked like a loss till that last 30seconds of regulation.

All this talk of how many wins this team would have if it didnt have Rodgers, I know its just people being passionate about the game, but really, Its a team game and he is a difference maker. How many wins without Rodgers, depends on who the replacement is. Is it Alex Smith? It might still be a playoff team. Tom Brady, Team never misses a beat. Or is the replacement Jordy Nelson or someone that played in HS? Yes Rodgers is one of the best, but he doesnt always play great either.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win.

Another way to look at it is that the Bengals had their backs against the wall. They fired the O coordinator so there was no tape on what to expect but it seems after a half of play it was figured out and allowed only 3 points in the second half. The Bengals have been a playoff team for quite awhile. Were they really as bad as the first 2 weeks? Time will tell. The whole NFL is quite unpredictable. Most thought the Patriots would role at home but they now have the worst defense in the league with points scored against and yards against. Who thought the Bears would beat the Steelers? More of the favored teams lost yesterday than won.

The first 4 games if the year are almost like the real preseason since the actual preseason nobody does anything so nobody gets hurt.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree. Give Capers Von Miller and Earl Tomas and a top CB and suddenly its the best D in the league.

I didnt get to watch the game live, I had it DVRed and knew the score before I watched. That would have been a stressful one to watch, It looked like a loss till that last 30seconds of regulation.

All this talk of how many wins this team would have if it didnt have Rodgers, I know its just people being passionate about the game, but really, Its a team game and he is a difference maker. How many wins without Rodgers, depends on who the replacement is. Is it Alex Smith? It might still be a playoff team. Tom Brady, Team never misses a beat. Or is the replacement Jordy Nelson or someone that played in HS? Yes Rodgers is one of the best, but he doesnt always play great either.

Rodgers does have bad days and that's when they lose cause the running game is non existent and the defense can't carry the team when the offense struggles. I know GB has injuries on the O-line but even when healthy the run game is spotty at best. I have heard GB doesnt need a run game with Rodgers behind center. I don't think putting all your eggs in one basket is wise because it can and has back fired.

The Bengals we're inside the Packers 10 yard line and fortunately when Dalton dropped back to pass he didn't see the extremely wide open running back crossing the field for an easy TD. This is Capers defense in a nutshell. It's hard to fathom how open receivers/backs are in the middle of the field against this defense for years now under Capers. There is something fundamentally wrong with that. You can count on the defense being out of place several times during a game and although the players are responsible I put the over all responsibility on the DC.

I just think the game has passed Capers up.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another way to look at it is that the Bengals had their backs against the wall. They fired the O coordinator so there was no tape on what to expect but it seems after a half of play it was figured out and allowed only 3 points in the second half. The Bengals have been a playoff team for quite awhile. Were they really as bad as the first 2 weeks? Time will tell. The whole NFL is quite unpredictable. Most thought the Patriots would role at home but they now have the worst defense in the league with points scored against and yards against. Who thought the Bears would beat the Steelers? More of the favored teams lost yesterday than won.

The first 4 games if the year are almost like the real preseason since the actual preseason nobody does anything so nobody gets hurt.

We can look at it another way but I think we are just making excuses. They did tighten up in the 2nd half of the game so maybe it sets the tone for the rest of the season. Let's see what happens Thursday.