• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Tate In PIT Today

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Steelers are going to take a look at Tate as an insurance policy... Bad news for those hoping that Bell was going to make a return this week. Bell was seen struggling to walk around the facilities yesterday. Not looking good for the immediate future. If signed, Tate is not likely to be the starter, but merely a part of a RBBC. Not sure how long he is going to stick around either, as this is purely for insurance. Obviously they are thinking short & long term here. Long term in that we may not know Bell's status for the rest of the season if his knee does not recover quickly and we keep advancing.

Ben Tate reportedly to visit RB-needy Steelers - NFL.com

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pickup...getting cut a couple of times may have him more accepting of Robin role.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers are preparing for life without injured running back Le'Veon Bell, so the team announced the signing of Ben Tate on Tuesday.

Coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday while the Steelers will "leave the light" on for the team MVP, they will "explore all options" heading into Saturday night's wild-card game against Baltimore. Bell suffered a hyperextended right knee in the third quarter of last week's win over Cincinnati. While Tomlin said there is no structural damage to the knee, Bell is in significant pain.

The Steelers signed Tate, the former Cleveland Browns back, on Tuesday. Tate was cut by the Browns in November and spent three weeks with Minnesota before being released.

Pittsburgh also expects to give rookies Josh Harris and Dri Archer a chance to rise to the top of the depth chart.

The Steelers released wide receiver Justin Brown to make room for Tate. Pittsburgh Steelers not ruling out Le'Veon Bell for wild-card game against Ravens | FOX Sports

we signed tate

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please use Harris and Tate and leave Archer out Coach Tomlin! Archer is way to small to pass block and is going to get Big Ben killed.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have liked to have seen them keep Justin Brown and get rid of that spot-wasting Landry Jones. But its understandable that he was disposable at this point since he wasn't even contributing on ST. DHB & Ventrone were the only other 2 that I would consider cutting, but even they have carved out their own niche on ST. I hope nobody scoops him up and they put him on their PS. Hard to imagine that they will keep another WR over J-Brown next offseason if he sticks around. The kid was getting better & better each offseason.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have liked to have seen them keep Justin Brown and get rid of that spot-wasting Landry Jones. But its understandable that he was disposable at this point since he wasn't even contributing on ST. DHB & Ventrone were the only other 2 that I would consider cutting, but even they have carved out their own niche on ST. I hope nobody scoops him up and they put him on their PS. Hard to imagine that they will keep another WR over J-Brown next offseason if he sticks around. The kid was getting better & better each offseason.

If Tate has now come to accept the fact that the NFL does not view him as a feature RB...if he wants to play for a winner...he could be a great pickup for the playoffs and well into next year, and beyond...he could be that guy to preserve Bell's career.

Roster...Brown was showing positive signs, but he plays smaller than his frame and imo was mostly a big possession WR...I still would favor him over Jones, but I think there is still some scar tissue there with the QB situation from a couple of yrs ago.

Muddler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pickup with Tate. Had to do something. At least we won't have to cringe while watching PEE WEE DRI fail at pass protection anymore. Liked what I saw out of Harris last week, especially on the long run that was called back but we have no depth until Bell comes back.

Man, that was a scary moment for STeeler Nation. SOOO glad to hear it was ONLY a hyperextension. Strange that some of the worst looking knee injuries turn out to be relatively minor while at other times ACLs and MCLs are torn just making simple uncontested cuts.

Not worried about the J.Brown cut. He was up and down. Just another of 100 guys with similar skill sets IMO.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the Steelers should give Le'Veon the day off as the stats show he only had 79 rushing yards in both games against the ravens. Tate and Harris should share time due to size and ability to block. Yes, a run play here and there to keep the ratbirds honest, but as far as big runs, there were none against the Ravens.

Ben had 6 TD's and 577 yards with only one pick in both games..... so the extra back blocking will be much needed!!!

The D needs to step up and stop the ravens from running on us....the Steelers allowed 224 yards rushing between both games.

The biggest key to this game is 'PRIME TIME',
Yes prime time tv.... the ravens hate playing us on prime time tv and petitioned the NFL once to not play us on prime time..... They have never beat us when the world is watching!!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the Steelers should give Le'Veon the day off as the stats show he only had 79 rushing yards in both games against the ravens. Tate and Harris should share time due to size and ability to block. Yes, a run play here and there to keep the ratbirds honest, but as far as big runs, there were none against the Ravens.

Ben had 6 TD's and 577 yards with only one pick in both games..... so the extra back blocking will be much needed!!!

The D needs to step up and stop the ravens from running on us....the Steelers allowed 224 yards rushing between both games.

The biggest key to this game is 'PRIME TIME',
Yes prime time tv.... the ravens hate playing us on prime time tv and petitioned the NFL once to not play us on prime time..... They have never beat us when the world is watching!!!!!

Bell...he should sit regardless...as you mentioned he wasn't the difference maker in the win...one note on that end...the Ravens DL with Ngata is just hard to run on period unless you can get outside...not sure if Ngata is cleared to play in this one.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Yes, it would make sense to get Bell healthy for the long haul.
Which I am assuming there will be...........

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Head coach Mike Tomlin ruled Pittsburgh Steelers all-pro running back Le'Veon Bell out for Saturday night's AFC wild-card clash against the Baltimore Ravens.

The team MVP was unable to practice for a third straight day after suffering a hyperextended right knee Sunday on a hit from Cincinnati Bengals safety Reggie Nelson.

Bell felt better Wednesday but seemed to plateau Thursday when he had hoped to do more than run and ride a stationary bike.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually suggested this when Blount was let go.