• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bellamy may be leaving Clemson

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No official word yet, but he was suspended indefinitely for "violating team rules" on 12/3/11. This isn't the first time he's been in trouble and quite frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if asks for a release...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to post this a little earlier but wanted one of you guys to mention it first. I have heard he has already spoke with Coach Swinney and is likely leaving but my sources are sketchy and see things with garnet glasses so take them with a grain of salt.

:noidea:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to post this a little earlier but wanted one of you guys to mention it first. I have heard he has already spoke with Coach Swinney and is likely leaving but my sources are sketchy and see things with garnet glasses so take them with a grain of salt.

:noidea:

I think he'll leave. This isn't the first run in he's had, and according to one of my training buddies he hasn't worked very hard on learning his assignments... in an offense like the one we now employ, you've got to learn your assignments, especially as a tailback... :L

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll leave. This isn't the first run in he's had, and according to one of my training buddies he hasn't worked very hard on learning his assignments... in an offense like the one we now employ, you've got to learn your assignments, especially as a tailback... :L

I think the kid probably is a "great talent," but this is a "team" sport and he seems like a prima donna. If Swinney and co. thinks he isn't going to fit in and play his role, then good riddance. I can't believe I'm going to say it, but I trust Swinney's decision making skills. He's seems to be on the right track. Hard to argue with the results thus far.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the kid probably is a "great talent," but this is a "team" sport and he seems like a prima donna. If Swinney and co. thinks he isn't going to fit in and play his role, then good riddance. I can't believe I'm going to say it, but I trust Swinney's decision making skills. He's seems to be on the right track. Hard to argue with the results thus far.

Couldn't agree more; this puts a lot of pressure on recruiting if it happens. Hopefully we'll get Mike Davis (James Davis little brother) to commit for 2012. What really sucks is that Marlin Lane ended up at Tennessee because he and Bellamy apparently "didn't get along..."

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we've all had a feeling this would be the outcome since mid-season, can't say it would surprise or upset me if it happens. A talented player isn't worth a damn if he lacks decision making skills, maturity, and work ethic.

BUT... James Davis and CJ Spiller both nearly left the team after their first seasons.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more; this puts a lot of pressure on recruiting if it happens. Hopefully we'll get Mike Davis (James Davis little brother) to commit for 2012. What really sucks is that Marlin Lane ended up at Tennessee because he and Bellamy apparently "didn't get along..."

Have we at least got "the lean" from Davis or is he looking elsewhere? I haven't followed recruiting as much as I use to.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we at least got "the lean" from Davis or is he looking elsewhere? I haven't followed recruiting as much as I use to.

Nothing yet, we were somewhat late with our offer... it's safe to say his family is pro-Clemson and now that Marshall is headed to Jawja, I would think that gives us a better shot at Davis.

CUTigerTillDeath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if we lost bellamy, it would be a sad day in tigertown. that kid is a highlight reel waiting to happen. of course he has had his moments, but he is only a freshman with huge expectations put on him by espn150 and all of that other bullshit that these kids have to deal with today. if Ellington were to go down (a possibility after watching him get up slowly all year long after taking a brutal workload) don't tell me you wouldn't want this kid in the game. DJ howard is decent and all, but he could never offer the big play threat that bellamy could bring in my opinion. See for yourselves

Mike Bellamy Senior Year Highlights. - YouTube

i feel like he could run this confidently for us by his junior or senior year. hell look what he did on his 1st ever carry for us. Oh and i'm sure we will be remembering this move for a verrrrrrry long time.

Mike Bellamy TD vs Virginia Tech - YouTube

honestly, that is my favorite fucking highlight of the year right there. we need that element of superior talent on the field. This is what wins you games when the coaching matchup is even. Teams like VT, MD, BC, NCST have had our ass and ruined many of our season not because they were better but because of the coaching factor. We have finally brought in coaches to match the coaching abilities of our opponents, and look we have finally won 10 games with a bunch of fucking freshmen.... why would any of you want to lose our talent now that we finally have coaching? Honestly calling this kid a prima dona is like trying to find something to bitch about after our great year. what is he terrelle pryor now?

.... and on the topic of lil davis,1) he hasn't commited to clemson. 2) have you ever heard of milton jennings??? bellamy could be a great thing for us, time to embrace it folks.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we lost bellamy, it would be a sad day in tigertown. that kid is a highlight reel waiting to happen. of course he has had his moments, but he is only a freshman with huge expectations put on him by espn150 and all of that other bullshit that these kids have to deal with today. if Ellington were to go down (a possibility after watching him get up slowly all year long after taking a brutal workload) don't tell me you wouldn't want this kid in the game. DJ howard is decent and all, but he could never offer the big play threat that bellamy could bring in my opinion. See for yourselves

Mike Bellamy Senior Year Highlights. - YouTube

i feel like he could run this confidently for us by his junior or senior year. hell look what he did on his 1st ever carry for us. Oh and i'm sure we will be remembering this move for a verrrrrrry long time.

Mike Bellamy TD vs Virginia Tech - YouTube

honestly, that is my favorite fucking highlight of the year right there. we need that element of superior talent on the field. This is what wins you games when the coaching matchup is even. Teams like VT, MD, BC, NCST have had our ass and ruined many of our season not because they were better but because of the coaching factor. We have finally brought in coaches to match the coaching abilities of our opponents, and look we have finally won 10 games with a bunch of fucking freshmen.... why would any of you want to lose our talent now that we finally have coaching? Honestly calling this kid a prima dona is like trying to find something to bitch about after our great year. what is he terrelle pryor now?

.... and on the topic of lil davis,1) he hasn't commited to clemson. 2) have you ever heard of milton jennings??? bellamy could be a great thing for us, time to embrace it folks.

Like I said previously, if he gets on board with the program and becomes a team player then I am absolutely on board, but screw a self absorbed prima donna.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a lot of growing up to do, but maturity can't offset poor decision making, a negative attitude, and selfishness. Bellamy's talent and potential are undercut by his character issues.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a lot of growing up to do, but maturity can't offset poor decision making, a negative attitude, and selfishness. Bellamy's talent and potential are undercut by his character issues.

Completely agree; I would much rather have a less heralded guy willing to work his butt off than Bellamy's potential if he can't embrace his role and grow up.