• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Before Holgorsen, this would have been unthinkable

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you like coaches that have their teams better at the end of the year your hot for DH, i mean look at what we did at the end of the year last year....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What explanation is needed? Marshall came into a game they should have won unprepared to play and lost. Happens every week with someone, to most every team at least once a year.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc's fault? Should he be fired? After all, they are the best team in WV.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange that a Marshall loss to Akron is all on Doc, yet WVU losing to Kansas and IAST isn't on Holgorsen.........

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange that a Marshall loss to Akron is all on Doc, yet WVU losing to Kansas and IAST isn't on Holgorsen.........

Funny how we remember things! No one said Holgorsen didn't have ownership in those games...YOU put the entire blame on him for both games...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ultimate responsibility falls on the coach, whether right or wrong. Some things are beyond a head coach's control. Like having a No Balls AD at the helm. Let the Kiffin-era begin.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ultimate responsibility falls on the coach, whether right or wrong. Some things are beyond a head coach's control. Like having a No Balls AD at the helm. Let the Kiffin-era begin.

I would rather be a Marshall fan........

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how we remember things! No one said Holgorsen didn't have ownership in those games...YOU put the entire blame on him for both games...
There are several on here who I no longer read or respond to who blamed a previous coach ENTIRELY for Holgorsen giving Kansas their first league win in years............AND you are damned right I put losses to two of the worst teams in Div 1A football, with a bowl and winning season on the line on the head coach.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you trying to point out what a two faced bigot DAD is? LOL!

I get so tired of losing to KU every season, just like the rest of WVU Nation. But, let's be honest about the 2013 game at KU. The Mountaineers started the season as the fifth youngest team in the country. On a roster which started with but 8 seniors.

From an article previewing the 2013 season...
"West Virginia lost a ton of experienced players from last season. With that being said, it will be one of the youngest teams in the country in 2013.

The Mountaineers have a talented sophomore class with 10 starters listed on the depth chart.

There are also four juniors and only eight seniors."

The injury bug was hard on the youthful squad in 2013 too. Billy left the cupboard so bare, WVU was forced to play 9 true Fr/RS Fr on defense that year.

Look back at the reality of the situation....

Injury-plagued WVU needs 2 wins to go to a bowl

Injuries have decimated the Mountaineers (4-6, 2-5 Big 12), who have been hit hard on defense and aren't sure who their starting quarterback will be on Saturday at Kansas (2-7, 0-6).

West Virginia defensive coordinator Keith Patterson said he's counted 15 injured players on defense, including 10 who are out for the season.

Quarterback Clint Trickett sustained a concussion in the first quarter last week. Backup Paul Millard finished the game, meaning the Mountaineers were left with scout-team quarterback Logan Moore as the emergency backup. Ford Childress, who started two games earlier this season, is still recovering from a chest muscle injury.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to point out what a two faced bigot DAD is? LOL!

I get so tired of losing to KU every season, just like the rest of WVU Nation. But, let's be honest about the 2013 game at KU. The Mountaineers started the season as the fifth youngest team in the country. On a roster which started with but 8 seniors.

From an article previewing the 2013 season...
"West Virginia lost a ton of experienced players from last season. With that being said, it will be one of the youngest teams in the country in 2013.

The Mountaineers have a talented sophomore class with 10 starters listed on the depth chart.

There are also four juniors and only eight seniors."

The injury bug was hard on the youthful squad in 2013 too. Billy left the cupboard so bare, WVU was forced to play 9 true Fr/RS Fr on defense that year.

Look back at the reality of the situation....

Injury-plagued WVU needs 2 wins to go to a bowl

Injuries have decimated the Mountaineers (4-6, 2-5 Big 12), who have been hit hard on defense and aren't sure who their starting quarterback will be on Saturday at Kansas (2-7, 0-6).

West Virginia defensive coordinator Keith Patterson said he's counted 15 injured players on defense, including 10 who are out for the season.

Quarterback Clint Trickett sustained a concussion in the first quarter last week. Backup Paul Millard finished the game, meaning the Mountaineers were left with scout-team quarterback Logan Moore as the emergency backup. Ford Childress, who started two games earlier this season, is still recovering from a chest muscle injury.

You know all this doesn't even register in the minds of some. I think a lot of people miss the RR days of success and feel that we should still be at the pinnacle. I'm not holding on to Dana because of Luck, as was expressed in another post. I want somebody who is not going to use this opportunity as a stepping stone position and bolt out the door should the opportunity arise. With No Balls decision, there will be a lack of commitment on both sides now. I'm willing to let Dana grow into this position as I do not see a top notch coach coming here and instantly taking this program to the next level. Until then, I'm good with Dana. Sometimes I wonder how RR would do if he was HC, but then I think about what he has done since he left here and that answers any questions that I may have. Maybe it's karma, maybe it shows how good of a coach he really is. I'd rather settle, for now, until a no-brainer comes here than go back to RR. I just don't see them getting that no-brainer. I still like Butch Jones, always have.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Doc could find his way to a MAC school, I'd be down with hiring him as our next HC. Maybe the Zips can offer him a chance after Terry goes on to a new gig after this season.

If Doc proves he can continue to win at a MAC school, I know he'll be ready to lead the charge at WVU.

Our stupid ass AD is going to prove to Mountaineer Nation he is unfit for the role in another couple of months.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know all this doesn't even register in the minds of some. I think a lot of people miss the RR days of success and feel that we should still be at the pinnacle. I'm not holding on to Dana because of Luck, as was expressed in another post. I want somebody who is not going to use this opportunity as a stepping stone position and bolt out the door should the opportunity arise. With No Balls decision, there will be a lack of commitment on both sides now. I'm willing to let Dana grow into this position as I do not see a top notch coach coming here and instantly taking this program to the next level. Until then, I'm good with Dana. Sometimes I wonder how RR would do if he was HC, but then I think about what he has done since he left here and that answers any questions that I may have. Maybe it's karma, maybe it shows how good of a coach he really is. I'd rather settle, for now, until a no-brainer comes here than go back to RR. I just don't see them getting that no-brainer. I still like Butch Jones, always have.

Well that's easy MAD...he's back to his old desperate recruiting tactics..

Dismissed UofA football player faces new assault charges

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare the two....DH was in second season still trying to get bodies on the team...DOC is established at Marshall and is has been his program for a while and he got smashed by Akron.

All loses are on the head coach, but there are factors to be considered.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Doc should have scheduled a few more FCS opponents so he'd at least be .500 lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-08-23-27-47.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-08-23-27-47.png
    362.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2016-10-08-23-27-47.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-08-23-27-47.png
    362.2 KB · Views: 1

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently 4-0 and ranked 20th. Dana is 2-0 vs Doc. WVU is 12-0 all time vs MooU. Dude, get a life! Someone got a case of 'we're the best ever' when we had the '07 team. Think long and hard about the many seasons without those guys. We were never a blueblood. Stop pretending we were.