• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Before Holgorsen, this would have been unthinkable

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holgersen = hot garbage

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia: Marshall -- WVU is a good team, don't get us wrong, but it's hard to argue with Marshall's success under Doc Holliday, particularly the last few years. He and the Herd have amassed a 33-8 record with a 10-3 mark in 2015. Meanwhile, Dana Holgorsen and the Mountaineers are 36-28 since his arrival with a 8-5 record one season ago. The Herd are Thundering through the state right now.

C'mon Dad! This is such BS! The writer's only argument is that Moo U has a better overall record the past few seasons. Do you think if we had any other HC (realistically, not Saban or Meyer) that our record in the Big XII would be better than Marshall's 33-8 record in that Pop Warner conference they play in? Yes, MU is good in a crappy conference but let them play any P5 team's schedule for this upcoming year and they wouldn't win more than 3 or 4 games and that's being generous.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised it took the troll this long to start this thread. LOL!!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been tryna tell y'all about Doc. Dana better get it done this year or Doc may have to make a house call. Marshall won't be able to keep him cause we all know, when momma calls, you come home.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia: Marshall -- WVU is a good team, don't get us wrong, but it's hard to argue with Marshall's success under Doc Holliday, particularly the last few years. He and the Herd have amassed a 33-8 record with a 10-3 mark in 2015. Meanwhile, Dana Holgorsen and the Mountaineers are 36-28 since his arrival with a 8-5 record one season ago. The Herd are Thundering through the state right now.

C'mon Dad! This is such BS! The writer's only argument is that Moo U has a better overall record the past few seasons. Do you think if we had any other HC (realistically, not Saban or Meyer) that our record in the Big XII would be better than Marshall's 33-8 record in that Pop Warner conference they play in? Yes, MU is good in a crappy conference but let them play any P5 team's schedule for this upcoming year and they wouldn't win more than 3 or 4 games and that's being generous.
The same was said about TCU just a few years ago.......A good coach is a good coach, regardless of the league they play in.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know that you're a Doc fan but I think you're missing the point. The writer is basically comparing team records. He doesn't take into consideration the quality and strength of opponents. Give WVU MU's schedule and vice versa. Who "rules" the state now? And you and I both know that TCU and MU weren't even in the same ball park when they were in the MWC. They were 1-1 in BCS bowls. If Marshall is SO good why haven't they been able to get an at large bid like TCU did before their Big XII days? They barely sniffed the top 25 when they were undefeated a couple of seasons ago before they got beat by a 6-5 WKU team.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read the article, not just the little snipet, it is not just record, read the Michigan part as well. It is also based on stability and quality of coaching. The point is NOT that Marshall is so good, it is that WVU has fallen backward. WVU would more than likely beat Marshall on the field handily, but the Marshall program as a whole is in a better place than we are. BTW, I think Marshall would win 7 against our 2016 schedule.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read the article, not just the little snipet, it is not just record, read the Michigan part as well. It is also based on stability and quality of coaching. The point is NOT that Marshall is so good, it is that WVU has fallen backward. WVU would more than likely beat Marshall on the field handily, but the Marshall program as a whole is in a better place than we are. BTW, I think Marshall would win 7 against our 2016 schedule.

I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. I think WVU playing in a P5 conference, making WAY more money for upgrades, better competition, etc is in better shape than MU. Would you rather have a 10-11 win season against WKU, Rice, Old Dominion, FIU or have a 8-9 win season against TX, OK, Baylor, TCU, OK State? So you're basically saying if we continue to win 7-9 games, maybe 10 occasionally, with (insert any future WVU HC here) in the Big XII and MU continues to always win 10-11 games against VERY subpar competition, that MU is always going to be a better, more stable program because they can beat up on shitty teams. WVU will probably never see the "success" that MU has while playing in the Big XII and this same article can be written every year. BTW...I'm curious to know what 7 teams MooU would beat on WVU's schedule.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. I think WVU playing in a P5 conference, making WAY more money for upgrades, better competition, etc is in better shape than MU. Would you rather have a 10-11 win season against WKU, Rice, Old Dominion, FIU or have a 8-9 win season against TX, OK, Baylor, TCU, OK State? So you're basically saying if we continue to win 7-9 games, maybe 10 occasionally, with (insert any future WVU HC here) in the Big XII and MU continues to always win 10-11 games against VERY subpar competition, that MU is always going to be a better, more stable program because they can beat up on shitty teams. WVU will probably never see the "success" that MU has while playing in the Big XII and this same article can be written every year. BTW...I'm curious to know what 7 teams MooU would beat on WVU's schedule.
Same schedule, the same home and away, I think Marshall beats: Mizzou, YSU, KSU, TT, Kansas and IAST, and manages to beat either BYU or UT.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is about the same as I would predict today for WVU. Baylor will be an unknown this year, how bad their hangover will be.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am surprised it took that long

I don't understand one thing though....DH is 2-0 vs Doc....i mean how could such a dipshit coach beat such a good coach? :scratch:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana beat the living shit out of Marshall in the two games he coached against Doc. The '11 game was cut short because of storms, but WVU was 21 points ahead early in the 4th qtr. WVU easily would have won by 35 that night. A number which they did win by in '12.

Really, only Billy Stewart struggled to beat Doc. What an embarrassing game that was! Thank God Geno pulled off some magic. Billy was so in over his head...

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for being the top dog... Doc's "vaunted" defense got 65 dropped on them by the Zippers.

"It's okay little brother (pats head and wipes away tears) you'll get'em next time." :nono:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was ugly on both sides of the ball

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this tweet in another thread, but it is perfect for this one too... Best team in WV!!

Mitch Vingle‏ @MitchVingle
In case you're wondering, yes, I'm still at the Akron-MU game. But it's getting lonely here.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... that picture makes me LOL!!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost to WV man Terry Bowden, who would also be a good fit for WVU in a rebuild year.. like I been tellin you knuckleheads but yall wont listen. Ol Doc will be back, his team will be better by years end, that's what good coaches do, get the team better as the year goes on.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost to WV man Terry Bowden, who would also be a good fit for WVU in a rebuild year.. like I been tellin you knuckleheads but yall wont listen. Ol Doc will be back, his team will be better by years end, that's what good coaches do, get the team better as the year goes on.
I don't really think Doc is going to have his team better by years end. Looks like an ass whipping of epic proportions with Louisville coming to Huntington next weekend.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey GR, you think ole Doc will be able to keep Petrino under a 100?

That team of Marshall is a defensive juggernaut...