• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beer

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm drinking Moose Drool brown ale from Big Sky brewing today while watching the Niners game. I'm not quite as passionate about football as I am the beer. Go Jazz. Nuraman appreciates a good beer, anyone else.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drool

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 53

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I see it's at BevMo. I'll add it to my list.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the Ballast Point Victory At Sea Imperial Porter. I really liked it. It stood out from any other porter I've had because it had a combination of coffee and vanilla notes.

So my 3 favorite porters are the Heretic Speedway Stout, Ballast Point Victory At Sea Imperial Porter, and Ballast Point Black Marlin. However after having the Victory At Sea, I'd choose that over Black Marlin everytime, it just has a more complex flavor.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the Ballast Point Victory At Sea Imperial Porter. I really liked it. It stood out from any other porter I've had because it had a combination of coffee and vanilla notes.

So my 3 favorite porters are the Heretic Speedway Stout, Ballast Point Victory At Sea Imperial Porter, and Ballast Point Black Marlin. However after having the Victory At Sea, I'd choose that over Black Marlin everytime, it just has a more complex flavor.

Did I just say my favorite *porter* was the Speedway *stout*? LOL! Silly mistake.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a Cyclops IPA by Cascade Lakes Brewing last night. It was decent. I'll drink another one. Looking forward to the Jazz games and beer by the wood stove. I moved to a cabin in the woods, big picture window. I'll probably pack on 5 pounds of beer weight during the snow and Jazz season. Oh, 10 Barrel brewery is pretty good too, I've been drinking theirs a bit.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale. It's a Belgian ale, but surprisingly very complex! I like it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a Cyclops IPA by Cascade Lakes Brewing last night. It was decent. I'll drink another one. Looking forward to the Jazz games and beer by the wood stove. I moved to a cabin in the woods, big picture window. I'll probably pack on 5 pounds of beer weight during the snow and Jazz season. Oh, 10 Barrel brewery is pretty good too, I've been drinking theirs a bit.

Any recommendations?

I'll have your Moose Drool next time I buy some.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 barrel apocalypse IPA is decent

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drool

Bought this today.

My brother in law liked it. My sister thought it was ok too (she doesn't drink much beer, but will have a few sips).

I thought it was ok, but I think Newcastle was better. Or I've had better brown ales. It's been a while since I've had Newcastle, maybe 8 years, I just have a feeling it was a little better.

I liked it more toward the end of the bottle than the beginning. I think if I had gotten that end-of-bottle taste from the beginning, I'd have really liked it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bought this today.

My brother in law liked it. My sister thought it was ok too (she doesn't drink much beer, but will have a few sips).

I thought it was ok, but I think Newcastle was better. Or I've had better brown ales. It's been a while since I've had Newcastle, maybe 8 years, I just have a feeling it was a little better.

I liked it more toward the end of the bottle than the beginning. I think if I had gotten that end-of-bottle taste from the beginning, I'd have really liked it.

Get drunk or buzzed and the end-of-bottle tastes better no matter what your drinking. Not true? Then you are either not drunk enough or too drunk, in the pre-hungover stages of "I hate the smell of alcohol." Just kidding. When hungover, I hate the smell of alcohol. Never was the reason not to drink, don't get drunk THAT easily or often... Having two under-three years old kids would prevent it anyway. (I could figure out how, but why. Trying to chase one around and soothe to sleep the other while having a pounding headache plus potentially a normally reasonable wide being upset that I got drunk? No thank you.)

Yes, I know you weren't drunk and could tell better taste even if you were. It was just a joke, Nuraman. Can't you get a joke, man? Must you take everything seriously? Just kidding.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get drunk or buzzed and the end-of-bottle tastes better no matter what your drinking. Not true? Then you are either not drunk enough or too drunk, in the pre-hungover stages of "I hate the smell of alcohol." Just kidding. When hungover, I hate the smell of alcohol. Never was the reason not to drink, don't get drunk THAT easily or often... Having two under-three years old kids would prevent it anyway. (I could figure out how, but why. Trying to chase one around and soothe to sleep the other while having a pounding headache plus potentially a normally reasonable wide being upset that I got drunk? No thank you.)

Yes, I know you weren't drunk and could tell better taste even if you were. It was just a joke, Nuraman. Can't you get a joke, man? Must you take everything seriously? Just kidding.

This is true when it comes to liquor for me. I hate liquor when it causes a hangover, that smell/taste.

I don't think I've had a hangover with beer or wine.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would have made the same post if I had said I liked the beginning more than the end.

You just would have said that I liked it more at the beginning because I wasn't drunk or buzzed, and that later on I was too drunk.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is National Beer Day.

A beer for sakataters and a cider for his son, sounds like a good night. Or maybe ginger ale, root beer, or a cream soda. Whatever is freshly brewed at a brewery.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I mentioned Lagunitas cappuccino stout? It's a hefty alcohol content, rich, good.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I mentioned Lagunitas cappuccino stout? It's a hefty alcohol content, rich, good.

I'll add it to my list.

I like Ballast Point's coffee vanilla porter.

Ninkasi's milk stout is ok, but not something I have to get again.

Firestone and Stone also have milk stouts, haven't tried them.

Lagunitas is a pretty good overall brewery.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had a beer since Thanksgiving! Lost 15 pounds just by cutting out the 2 beer a night routine

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had a beer since Thanksgiving! Lost 15 pounds just by cutting out the 2 beer a night routine

I didn't know you were having beers everyday.

Congrats on the weight loss.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had this today because of the national TV game against the Pelicans.

It's good, but not too different than other stouts I've had. I didn't taste any uniqueness from the "cappuccino" part.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you tried a pint. I wasn't drinking beers EVERY day. But I do work 4 on 4 off. 4x3 or 4 equates to 12-16 beers a week. I'm on a hiatus for now.