• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beer resources

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to judge, but I've found that most threads about beer on websites that aren't really about beer end up consisting of people arguing over whether or not Rolling Rock is better than PBR or some equally as stupid topic.

In an effort to open some minds and advocate some beer knowledge, I'll leave these here for you guys:

BeerAdvocate - Respect Beer.

RateBeer: Great beer made easy

You can look around and see which one works for you best, but both offer a ton of real craft beer advice for beginners and long time beer lovers. Plus, they have regional sections so you can see what kind of beer you can keep an eye out for in your neck of the woods.

Hopefully this helps clear this thread of topics where someone argues that High Life is better than Coors Light because the commercials are so much funnier.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, this shit should be stickied!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to judge, but I've found that most threads about beer on websites that aren't really about beer end up consisting of people arguing over whether or not Rolling Rock is better than PBR or some equally as stupid topic.

In an effort to open some minds and advocate some beer knowledge, I'll leave these here for you guys:

BeerAdvocate - Respect Beer.

RateBeer: Great beer made easy

You can look around and see which one works for you best, but both offer a ton of real craft beer advice for beginners and long time beer lovers. Plus, they have regional sections so you can see what kind of beer you can keep an eye out for in your neck of the woods.

Hopefully this helps clear this thread of topics where someone argues that High Life is better than Coors Light because the commercials are so much funnier.

I'm not going to give anybody in here a hard time for just wanting to reminisce, or rate the macro-brews. Most of us in here are just messing around, wasting time at work or during a ball game. I think if we want serious beer discussion, we know where to go to get it.

And I don't know if the guys at Beer Advocate can write about anything I haven't already seen or heard a million times before. I've been brewing for about 20 years and I'm at a point where I do what works for me and i don't experiment much.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't know if the guys at Beer Advocate can write about anything I haven't already seen or heard a million times before. I've been brewing for about 20 years and I'm at a point where I do what works for me and i don't experiment much.
That's fine, but the homebrewing forum is just a small portion of what BA offers. Most of it consists of commercial brews, 100's of which are being debuted every year.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to give anybody in here a hard time for just wanting to reminisce, or rate the macro-brews. Most of us in here are just messing around, wasting time at work or during a ball game. I think if we want serious beer discussion, we know where to go to get it.

I agree, Not trying to go anti-SportsHoopla on the beer forum. I think it is a great place for general purpose beer discussion. But I don't think there are that many people on this site who treat it as much as a serious hobby.

For those who do, http://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/ is a great resource. There is a TON of information there from recipes, articles, forums, etc. (especially for "beginners" like me). There aren't any questions I haven't had that I couldn't find or have answered there.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PBR is much better than Rolling Rock, and I am not much of a fan of PBR. I am more of a Milwaukee's Best guy myself.

As for BA and RateBeer, I find most of the stuff on those sites to be snobbish and arrogant. I do like some craft beers and homebrew a little, but tend to find that those sites talk about stuff I care little about. I could care less about mouth feel, and tend to drink what tastes good.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but the homebrewing forum is just a small portion of what BA offers. Most of it consists of commercial brews, 100's of which are being debuted every year.

And they give great insight to how breweries grow and learn from others mistakes, I love reading their mags, great insight!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, these are resources. I put them here for people to use if they want to.

If you don't want to use them, don't, but don't assume because you don't think they're useful to you, that they don't have a place in a "beer forum."