• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beavers Opening @ HC

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with the sudden exit of Anderson in Corvallis yesterday rumors are starting up as to who they target:

OC- Smith, granted he was on everyone's shit list last season with the play selection in games, a former Beavers QB. But I really think he has settled in and understand's Jake's pluses and minuses on the field.

Second guy linked to be targeted:

Co DC Jimmy Lake. NFL back ground and according to SI an " an up and comer" that could see a huge increase in job interviews starting this winter. Lake's secondary crews are looking really good the last couple of seasons, plus his track record on recruiting trail is pretty damn good as well..

I know the price of a "winning program" causes a revolving door with coaches, but does anyone else get a nervous feeling with either of these guys walking out this winter? I know some might not still care if Smith walks ( understandable) but will it hurt the program????

* SI is the source that Lake along with Smith as possible replacements for HC job...

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather they stay the fuck away from our staff. I know some guys still aren't to hip on Smith, even I think he still has some proving himself to do, but he's clearly improved, and the grass isn't always greener...

Just a matter of time before the defensive staff starts getting ravaged by promotions, but I'm not ready for it.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this thing is still being built up, ( the program) I know Coach Pete has certain way of day to day operations and that is something someone ( an assistant) just can't come in and learn on day one. He's picky as to who he has on staff...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't want to see anyone leave until after the season is finished or it for sure would hurt the program. Even Smith.

After that? Smith leaving wouldn't create a setback IMO. Lots of time for a new OC to get up to speed on the pieces they have at hand.

You really can't replace Lake. He's a pretty unique DB coach that has pumped out winners for mid majors, P5 teams, and NFL as well. For sure his departure would be a setback. 100% so.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Lake is the one that makes me want to throw up.....I knew he wouldn't be around long, he just keeps turning out quality NFL DB's and his name would be called quickly. I'm a huge believer in playing great defense and that is a must to be on the national stage. I just hope they have an up and coming coach shadowing Jimmy 24/7 to learn his traits...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've listened to quite a few interviews with Lake. It is his relentless teaching that sets him apart. They break down every play, even from practice and grade it in detail. Even plays that end in a pick don't always get a positive grade if the technique wasn't right. His DB's will tell you it is that pursuit of perfection and not missing any detail that sets him apart. I don't know how much of that is something other coaches can pick up. It starts with having a complete mastery of those techniques.