• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Re-Sign Connor Shaw

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears ink Connor Shaw, Patrick Scales 

If we don't make a big move or signing. I honestly would not mind seeing him get a chance to compete this upcoming pre-season. At least, for the primary backup job. We haven't brought back Hoyer or Barkley yet. So, outside of Cutler, he's literally the only QB we have on the roster.

On a side note, am I the only one that thinks you can win with Hoyer at QB? Especially if the D really takes another step forward? I was pretty shocked to see his numbers over the past two seasons.

14 starts: 25 TD's 7 INT's 94 QB rating 64 CMP% 4,000+ yards

I know he's not a threat to stretch the field, but he has a winning career record. He won with the Browns, and in Houston.

If we're not in search of our future QB this off-season, and simply need a stop-gap guy until McCarron or Jimmy G hit the open market next year. I really don't see why we don't just stick with him, as opposed to bringing in Kaepernick or Glennon. Seems cheaper, and he possibly could be even better than those guys.

Free agency is only a few days away now. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Also, anyone else see that Vegas has us as the favorites to sign Kaep? Not sure what to think about that... I suppose, as stated above. If it's just a stop-gap situation, you could do worse. I hope Pace and the staff doesn't actually want to invest in him.

www.sportsline.com/insiders/25786371/where-will-colin-kaepernick-land-next/

Chicago Bears, +300 (bet $100 to win $300)

Cleveland Browns, +550 (bet $100 to win $550)

Arizona Cardinals, +750 (bet $100 to win $750)

Buffalo Bills, +1,000 (bet $100 to win $1,000)

New York Jets, +1500 (bet $100 to win $1,500)

Houston Texans, +2500 (bet $100 to win $1,500)

Field (all other teams), -200 (bet $200 to win $100)

Read more: http://SportsHoopla.com/thread/27697/vegas-odds-destination-bears-favored#ixzz4aPsZO2id

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we don't make a big move or signing. I honestly would not mind seeing him get a chance to compete this upcoming pre-season. At least, for the primary backup job. We haven't brought back Hoyer or Barkley yet. So, outside of Cutler, he's literally the only QB we have on the roster.

On a side note, am I the only one that thinks you can win with Hoyer at QB? Especially if the D really takes another step forward? I was pretty shocked to see his numbers over the past two seasons.

I know he's not a threat to stretch the field, but he has a winning career record. He won with the Browns, and in Houston.

If we're not in search of our future QB this off-season, and simply need a stop-gap guy until McCarron or Jimmy G hit the open market next year. I really don't see why we don't just stick with him, as opposed to bringing in Kaepernick or Glennon. Seems cheaper, and he possibly could be even better than those guys.

Free agency is only a few days away now. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Also, anyone else see that Vegas has us as the favorites to sign Kaep? Not sure what to think about that... I suppose, as stated above. If it's just a stop-gap situation, you could do worse. I hope Pace and the staff doesn't actually want to invest in him.

Read more: http://SportsHoopla.com/thread/27697/vegas-odds-destination-bears-favored#ixzz4aPsZO2id
I wouldn't mind Hoyer as a stop gap. If the price for JG is too high, I'd rather sign Hoyer as the starter than Kaep. Heck, I'd rather sign Shaw as the starter instead of kaep. I'd rather hang onto cutler another year than sign Kaep. I don't think anyone in the NFL wants Kaep now.

My number one hope is that Pace doesn't sign or draft a QB because he feels he absolutely needs to. If there is no QB he likes where we pick and he can't sign one he likes, I hope he has the leeway to keep going with stop gaps.

I think Pace really likes JG though, and I have a feeling he will trade a draft pick or two for him. He might even trade the 3rd overall.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind Hoyer as a stop gap. If the price for JG is too high, I'd rather sign Hoyer as the starter than Kaep. Heck, I'd rather sign Shaw as the starter instead of kaep. I'd rather hang onto cutler another year than sign Kaep. I don't think anyone in the NFL wants Kaep now.

My number one hope is that Pace doesn't sign or draft a QB because he feels he absolutely needs to. If there is no QB he likes where we pick and he can't sign one he likes, I hope he has the leeway to keep going with stop gaps.

I think Pace really likes JG though, and I have a feeling he will trade a draft pick or two for him. He might even trade the 3rd overall.

I am now convinced Jimmy G is not going anywhere. I thought it was a negotiation tactic, at first. However, Schefter was 100% serious in a recent talk with Larry Meyer, Bears beat reporter.

Schefter talks Bears QB options, Jeffery 

I don't get it myself, he's just going to walk after next season, when his rookie contract is up. I don't see why they're not trying to get something for him. I'm sure we'd give them a nice package.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Adam Schaffer know? Why would anyone in the know in New England tell Adam Schefter anything if they weren't using him? He's a tool. He is literally a tool being used to up the ante on the offers for JG. It really serves New England no purpose to deal JG at any time until the draft begins, especially if they want to get the most bang for their buck. I am willing to bet money that New England deals him before the first round of the NFL draft ends.
@richig07 sorry, I forgot to quote.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Cutler go and roll with Hoyer.....cheaper alternative and you can address other areas that need to be fixed.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Adam Schaffer know? Why would anyone in the know in New England tell Adam Schefter anything if they weren't using him? He's a tool. He is literally a tool being used to up the ante on the offers for JG. It really serves New England no purpose to deal JG at any time until the draft begins, especially if they want to get the most bang for their buck. I am willing to bet money that New England deals him before the first round of the NFL draft ends.
@richig07 sorry, I forgot to quote.

I said the same thing, at first. That it was all about them wanting to up the ante on offers, but eh... he said that with a lot of confidence. You can call him a tool, but he does receive accurate information from his sources. Generally, when he reports something, it happens. He's good at what he does. I'm not ruling it out ENTIRELY. However, I believe him.

Lol... on a side note, I find it funny that someone hates Adam Schefter so much. Especially when you don't know his name. Do you know who he is?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked it up, and David Fales is actually a restricted free agent. So, it looks like we may keep him as well. At least, for camp.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB's are dropping down mock drafts. There are actually 3 safeties being projected in the top 10. That is unheard of. Looks like washington might get first QB choice at 17, first offensive tackles projected in the 20's. If they somehow ink Cousins, then they could be a trade partner.

We need a safety, need a CB, need alot, but we still need to protect whoever is back there this year.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing, at first. That it was all about them wanting to up the ante on offers, but eh... he said that with a lot of confidence. You can call him a tool, but he does receive accurate information from his sources. Generally, when he reports something, it happens. He's good at what he does. I'm not ruling it out ENTIRELY. However, I believe him.

Lol... on a side note, I find it funny that someone hates Adam Schefter so much. Especially when you don't know his name. Do you know who he is?
Yeah, I can picture his face. And I don't hate him. I merely called him a tool because in this scenario he is being used like a tool.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB's are dropping down mock drafts. There are actually 3 safeties being projected in the top 10. That is unheard of. Looks like washington might get first QB choice at 17, first offensive tackles projected in the 20's. If they somehow ink Cousins, then they could be a trade partner.

We need a safety, need a CB, need alot, but we still need to protect whoever is back there this year.
I think that will change. A lot of scouts were very impressed with Watson at the combine. Trubisky turned some heads too.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that will change. A lot of scouts were very impressed with Watson at the combine. Trubisky turned some heads too.

To me, the only thing that matters at the combine with the top QB's in any given year is the interviews. The top guys (Trubisky, Watson, Kizer), scouts already watched them through most of their college careers. They know how they play. They just want to see their work ethic, how they carry themselves and check out what kind of attitude they have. How smart they seem... etc...

I don't know if any of these guys warrant a top 5 overall pick, but someone will reach. If it's us, I hope it's Trubisky. I hope we don't reach, at all. However, I think he's quite a solid prospect. In order... Trubisky, Kizer, Watson. Is how I'd order them.

I honestly wouldn't mind taking that Mahomes kid in the 2nd round. Seeing as I really don't like taking any of the other QB's at #3 overall. We could grab Jonathan Allen, and also address QB with Mahomes. Who honestly, may be just as good of a prospect as any of them.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be shocked if we sign Kaepernick. Fox saw first hand how bad he was last season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if we sign Kaepernick. Fox saw first hand how bad he was last season.

This is true, and I thought about that myself. I just wonder what the books think they know, that they'd makes us the odds on favorite? :noidea:

Vegas doesn't simply release odds on something like that, unless they think they have an edge.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the only thing that matters at the combine with the top QB's in any given year is the interviews. The top guys (Trubisky, Watson, Kizer), scouts already watched them through most of their college careers. They know how they play. They just want to see their work ethic, how they carry themselves and check out what kind of attitude they have. How smart they seem... etc...

I don't know if any of these guys warrant a top 5 overall pick, but someone will reach. If it's us, I hope it's Trubisky. I hope we don't reach, at all. However, I think he's quite a solid prospect. In order... Trubisky, Kizer, Watson. Is how I'd order them.

I honestly wouldn't mind taking that Mahomes kid in the 2nd round. Seeing as I really don't like taking any of the other QB's at #3 overall. We could grab Jonathan Allen, and also address QB with Mahomes. Who honestly, may be just as good of a prospect as any of them.
I'd go with Mahomes if I was 100% sure he wasn't going to play for at least a year. Preferably longer. I don't think that's the case. Unless we sign someone like Romo and a quality back up, Mahomes will see the field. I just don't think he can learn the ins and outs of a pro style offense.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will sign Mike Glennon Bears go Best available at #3 with a defensive player and snag Nathan Peterman in the 2nd round. Connor Shaw is a non-story.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Roster bonus portion of Jays cutler come in on March 9th, 4 pm, first official day of the nfl year. (last year it was March 11th). If they are cutting ties and accepting to get nothing back, it has to happen soon. Sounds like they are holding out hope for a trade, but it seems the other GM's feel the release is imminent so they will make their own deal. I just dont know if they will get him for less than 15.

It always seems as if the players were not dealt or released by wednesday they will be on our roster, but I dont know if the guarantee follows him if he is traded. Last year the bonus money was broken up by the 16 weeks of the season, but I am pretty sure he can demand it all at once if he is thinking about moving.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will sign Mike Glennon Bears go Best available at #3 with a defensive player and snag Nathan Peterman in the 2nd round. Connor Shaw is a non-story.

I am sorry, but this best available shit is fine in the mid to late rounds. You have the number three pick you have a direct plan, they need to have three targets period. I know defensive line is important, but it really is not a need with the players we have now, DT pick at three would not be a starter. CB or Safety most probably would.

I am really surprised with all these safeties getting mentioned early so that sounds like the BPA.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Roster bonus portion of Jays cutler come in on March 9th, 4 pm, first official day of the nfl year. (last year it was March 11th). If they are cutting ties and accepting to get nothing back, it has to happen soon. Sounds like they are holding out hope for a trade, but it seems the other GM's feel the release is imminent so they will make their own deal. I just dont know if they will get him for less than 15.

It always seems as if the players were not dealt or released by wednesday they will be on our roster, but I dont know if the guarantee follows him if he is traded. Last year the bonus money was broken up by the 16 weeks of the season, but I am pretty sure he can demand it all at once if he is thinking about moving.

Honestly I am hearing that Glennon might require, "Osweiller type money" which gives me a LOT of pause here.

I cannot believe I'm saying this, but Cutler's cap hit for this season is only $16 Million. As awful as that sounded a couple of years ago, that's almost a bargain now. No, I don't particularly want another season of Cutler, but if we're talking effing Colin Kaepernick? Let's just roll with what we have (Cutler and Shaw) and draft a guy to hopefully be the successor.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Bears want Brian Hoyer back

If these rumors are true, it sounds like the bears aren't too interested in drafting a QB this year. Shaw, Hoyer, and Glennon look like they are the bears favorites to be on the team next year.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I am hearing that Glennon might require, "Osweiller type money" which gives me a LOT of pause here.

I cannot believe I'm saying this, but Cutler's cap hit for this season is only $16 Million. As awful as that sounded a couple of years ago, that's almost a bargain now. No, I don't particularly want another season of Cutler, but if we're talking effing Colin Kaepernick? Let's just roll with what we have (Cutler and Shaw) and draft a guy to hopefully be the successor.

It sounds like starting back last year with Cutler, Hoyer and Shaw.