• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears' MVP at the midway point?

Who is the MVP thus far?

• Jordan Howard

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Akiem Hicks

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Kyle Fuller

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Eddie Jackson

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Tarik Cohen

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalizing Hicks because of his company is stupid. 14 sack year for an interior lineman is a beastly accomplishment. Saying Howard gets it because he is alone is also very shortsighted. One could argue that is an advantage to Howard because he gets so many opportunities. Much tougher to have good stats if you weren’t the lone guy it seems to me.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks. #1n league in interior DL sacks. Howard is #27 in YPC. Stats anyhoo, Hicks and the defense have stopped drives more than Howard has kept O drives going for scores. Bear defense led to wins not offense. Hicks best on D. Its Hicks.

Luvin' the Trubs though. No stats but great arm and true to game plan. Never thought I'd get over Cutler going but Trubs id the dude.

And 9th among RB's who actually have 100 attempts. It's not like YOU would ever be intellectually dishonest or anything though... :L

There's a very compelling case for Hicks, beyond a shadow of a doubt. However, the way you are conceptualizing yours... a lot of it is being pulled out of your ass. Again, who would expect this from you though? Ha!

Hicks and the defense have stopped drives more than Howard has kept O drives going for scores.

This is simply a factual inaccuracy. The defense has forced 40 punts, and created 11 turnovers. That's 51 drives halted.

2017 NFL Team Givetake Stats - National Football League - ESPN
NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Opponent Punt Attempts per Game on TeamRankings.com

Howard leads the entire NFL in rushing first downs (70). Among RB's who have 100 attempts, he trails just Elliot in first down rushing percentage (27.8%). Which is the percentage of a players runs, that go for first downs. He has extended 70 drives, to the defense's 51 halted.

Player Rushing First Down Percentage: 2016 NFL Season

No RB is leaned on as heavily as Howard is with the Bears. He carries an offense as much as an RB can these days. Everyone in the stadium knows he's about it, as far as the offensive game plan goes. He produces and extends drives anyway. Hicks has been phenomenal, but he functions within a very good defensive system, with talent around him.

If Hicks were to disappear, it would really hurt a good deal... but the defense would still be a solid unit. If Howard were to disappear, it would be an utter disaster. The only reliable offensive player we have going for us at the moment. We lean on him an unbelievable amount.

Glad to see you've admitted that you were wrong about our defense though Ice.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalizing Hicks because of his company is stupid. 14 sack year for an interior lineman is a beastly accomplishment. Saying Howard gets it because he is alone is also very shortsighted. One could argue that is an advantage to Howard because he gets so many opportunities. Much tougher to have good stats if you weren’t the lone guy it seems to me.

It seems to ME, that you are retarded af.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Howard isn't the lone RB. We also have your boy Cohen, who we keep trying to get involved. Who has taken 35.7% of Howard's snaps away, despite being entirely ineffective since his cute little three week start. I give the staff credit, they try... but his snaps will continue to diminish, if he keeps up this production. 2.3 YPC and 8 receptions since Week 3. Howard's been forced to pickup his slack.

Howard is 13th in offensive snap percentage among RB's, at 61.8% (Cunningham with 3.4% as well). It's not that he's the only guy the staff tries to utilize, he's just the only guy who turns out any production. So, in turn... they have no choice but to wind up leaning on him.

Oh, and nobody penalized Hicks because of his company. That's just your silly brain failing you again.

"MVP" stands for most VALUABLE player. Who is "most valuable" to the Bears. Approaching from the standpoint, of "who could we least afford to lose". Is completely viable.

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun stuff kind guy. I guess mixing two different stats (first downs and drives halted) really proves your point. Here I was stupidly thinking it usually takes more than one first down to stop a drive. Offense or defense. No more. Yah I see what you mean. Thanks for enlightening me. Impressive.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think either Hicks or Howard would be suitable choice.

The point of the thread though, is that @BsGenius is a fucking retard. The fact that Hicks is having such a great year, and it's still a close race between him and Howard proves that.

Worst. Prognostication. Ever.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Howard 25th in the league YPC with a whopping 14 receptions (likely dead last in the league among starters)

Akiem Hicks 10th in the league in sacks and likely tops in the league among DTs (as he's really a DT)

End of thread.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun stuff kind guy. I guess mixing two different stats (first downs and drives halted) really proves your point. Here I was stupidly thinking it usually takes more than one first down to stop a drive. Offense or defense. No more. Yah I see what you mean. Thanks for enlightening me. Impressive.

... what? :pound:

Nothing like seeing another idiot be completely cornered.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Howard 25th in the league YPC with a whopping 14 receptions (likely dead last in the league among starters)

:pound:

Ranks Howard's receptions among starters, because it anecdotally fits his argument.

Ranks Howard's YPC among all RB's, not just starters... because it doesn't anecdotally benefit his argument to keep up any semblance of consistency.

BS's stupidity and dishonesty knows zero bounds.

Gee... I wonder if Cohen playing on passing downs, has anything to do with Howard not catching more passes?

:lol:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Akiem Hicks 10th in the league in sacks and likely tops in the league among DTs (as he's really a DT)

End of thread.
From a facts stand point you are getting owned in this thread. You really don’t look smart at all lately...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from you, that's a compliment. So thank you.
Any time. Enjoy this troll show you have created. You’re lack of substance and constant trolling has landed you on my ignore list. You’re not worth my time. I encourage everyone else to do the same. Maybe this troll will go away if nobody responds to his obvious troll bait.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time. Enjoy this troll show you have created. You’re lack of substance and constant trolling has landed you on my ignore list. You’re not worth my time. I encourage everyone else to do the same. Maybe this troll will go away if nobody responds to his obvious troll bait.

AWESOME! Finally did it!

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what just happened Beardown? I encourage you to take Beengay's lead and ignore me as well. You too richi.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I ever want to ignore you? I love retards.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a facts stand point you are getting owned in this thread. You really don’t look smart at all lately...

Yes, this thread has been utter destruction of BS, and it's hilarious.

It's so bad that he can't even spin it with his usual bull shit. Just has to stop replying, and ignore most facts which are presented.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what just happened Beardown? I encourage you to take Beengay's lead and ignore me as well. You too richi.

A) That's like the entirety of this small ass forum.

B) Why would I ignore you? Running circles around you is too much fun.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so i'm going to confess and say this just once. It's so easy to get the idiots riled up.

Calm down you dolts, this is only a Bears forum with anonymous people in it. I sometimes wonder what your real lives are really like when it's this easy for me. Man, your lives must be absolute wrecks. Beardown07 definitely, he's got "loser" written all over him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so i'm going to confess and say this just once. It's so easy to get the idiots riled up.

Calm down you dolts, this is only a Bears forum with anonymous people in it. I sometimes wonder what your real lives are really like when it's this easy for me. Man, your lives must be absolute wrecks. Beardown07 definitely, he's got "loser" written all over him.

That's what I'm saying. What kind of a loser would runaway from a losing argument he created on a Bears forum. He should just admit he was wrong... multiple times. I mean, it's just a Bears forum...