• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears' MVP at the midway point?

Who is the MVP thus far?

• Jordan Howard

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Akiem Hicks

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Kyle Fuller

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Eddie Jackson

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Tarik Cohen

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Howard is fastest Bears RB to 10 100-yard rushing games

I'll go with the guy who just broke Walter Payton's record of being the fastest Bear to reach ten 100 yard games.

Just had his 23rd birthday over the bye, and needs just 25 yards on Sunday to already hit the 2K plateau.

Pacing for 1,300 yards again, along with 8 TD's. Doing so with a separated AC joint, and other team's being utterly and completely aware he's getting the ball the majority of the time.

This Bud's for you, Jordan Howard. Just hope the shoulder keeps holding up.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akiem Hicks is on pace to have 14 sacks and 52 tackles and the idiots thinks Jordan "overrated" Howard is the MVP? Seriously? Is there any question as to how dumb the fans are in here.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Howard is fastest Bears RB to 10 100-yard rushing games

I'll go with the guy who just broke Walter Payton's record of being the fastest Bear to reach ten 100 yard games.

Just had his 23rd birthday over the bye, and needs just 25 yards on Sunday to already hit the 2K plateau.

Pacing for 1,300 yards again, along with 8 TD's. Doing so with a separated AC joint, and other team's being utterly and completely aware he's getting the ball the majority of the time.

This Bud's for you, Jordan Howard. Just hope the shoulder keeps holding up.

So you would take Jordan Howard over Walter Payton right? Exactly, stats mean shit.

And btw genius, every RB is suffering from injuries. So no need to grade him on a curve.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would take Jordan Howard over Walter Payton right? Exactly, stats mean shit.

And btw genius, every RB is suffering from injuries. So no need to grade him on a curve.

Exactly, stats mean shit.

Yes! I love it! He got himself again. You own yourself ALL OF THE TIME, you dope. "Stats mean shit"... except when they're pertaining to Hicks, and your little "MVP"... right? Bahahahahaha.

Akiem Hicks is on pace to have 14 sacks and 52 tackles and the idiots thinks Jordan "overrated" Howard is the MVP? Seriously? Is there any question as to how dumb the fans are in here.

Then, what do we have here in this embarrassment of a post, oh I know...

More straw-mans from the king of straw-mans. Why folks? Because he never has a legitimate coherent argument.

So you would take Jordan Howard over Walter Payton right?

Who said that? LMAO. This is LITERALLY the definition of a straw-man.

Hey stupid, breaking a record set by Walter Payton, does not mean you are better than Walter Payton. It just means you're doing a lot of things right.

I love this post so much. LOOK! Another straw man!

Who did?

I'm simply pointing out the young man's toughness, as one of many attributes that make him so valuable.

Oh, and uh... BS. I know you'll never respond to this. I'll keep posting it though... just to see. I'm sure you'll run from this ENTIRE post here too, but I always enjoy exposing a coward. This was from after the Pittsburgh game. Hmm... You stopped replying to this exchange, despite several callbacks to it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bsgenius: Look at the quality of Howard's runs, not the stats. His yards come from big holes opened up by the OLine. Tarik on the other hand doesn't need big holes to make yards. I take the latter all day long.

bsgenius: Well, we will just have to wait and see. My main problem with Howard is, he doesn't really break tackles. He takes a hit, then falls for 2 yards. Thunder rarely works in the NFL (of course there are rare exceptions but Howard is not one of them). You're just not going to find a thunder in the NFL that breaks tackles left and right. You need to make guys miss, and Howard can't do that.

richig07: I'm just going to leave this here, and then maybe you can tell me how it feels to get completely body-bagged.

Refocused: Chicago Bears 23, Pittsburgh Steelers 17 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

Howard bounced back in a massive way in this game. He rushed for 138 yards on 22 carries, including 65 of them coming after contact. He added two touchdowns, including the game-winner, and also forced a ridiculous 10 missed tackles.

You're getting that sinking feeling in your stomach, aren't you? Good... take it in, you dope. Take it deep.

Body-bagged

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Pittsburgh game.

Tarik Cohen:

30 carries 71 yards 1 TD
8 receptions 108 yards 0 TD's

Only two plays rushing or receiving that went for over 10 yards. A 14 yard gain at Baltimore, and the play that accounts for the majority of that receiving yardage line. A 70 yard reception vs Carolina.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Pittsburgh game.

Tarik Cohen:

30 carries 71 yards 1 TD

Only two plays rushing or receiving that went for over 10 yards. A 14 yard gain at Baltimore, and the play that accounts for the majority of that receiving yardage line. A 70 yard reception vs Carolina.

Very limited carries. I mean it takes 35 carries before Howard starts to ramp up right? Your words.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on lets not be coward, who did you guys vote for? I want to see who the idiots are.

Akiem Hicks

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes! I love it! He got himself again. You own yourself ALL OF THE TIME, you dope. "Stats mean shit"... except when they're pertaining to Hicks, and your little "MVP"... right? Bahahahahaha.

Then, what do we have here in this embarrassment of a post, oh I know...

More straw-mans from the king of straw-mans. Why folks? Because he never has a legitimate coherent argument.

So you would take Jordan Howard over Walter Payton right?

Who said that? LMAO. This is LITERALLY the definition of a straw-man.

Hey stupid, breaking a record set by Walter Payton, does not mean you are better than Walter Payton. It just means you're doing a lot of things right.

I love this post so much. LOOK! Another straw man!

Who did?

I'm simply pointing out the young man's toughness, as one of many attributes that make him so valuable.

Oh, and uh... BS. I know you'll never respond to this. I'll keep posting it though... just to see. I'm sure you'll run from this ENTIRE post here too, but I always enjoy exposing a coward. This was from after the Pittsburgh game. Hmm... You stopped replying to this exchange, despite several callbacks to it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bsgenius: Look at the quality of Howard's runs, not the stats. His yards come from big holes opened up by the OLine. Tarik on the other hand doesn't need big holes to make yards. I take the latter all day long.

bsgenius: Well, we will just have to wait and see. My main problem with Howard is, he doesn't really break tackles. He takes a hit, then falls for 2 yards. Thunder rarely works in the NFL (of course there are rare exceptions but Howard is not one of them). You're just not going to find a thunder in the NFL that breaks tackles left and right. You need to make guys miss, and Howard can't do that.

richig07: I'm just going to leave this here, and then maybe you can tell me how it feels to get completely body-bagged.

Refocused: Chicago Bears 23, Pittsburgh Steelers 17 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

Howard bounced back in a massive way in this game. He rushed for 138 yards on 22 carries, including 65 of them coming after contact. He added two touchdowns, including the game-winner, and also forced a ridiculous 10 missed tackles.

You're getting that sinking feeling in your stomach, aren't you? Good... take it in, you dope. Take it deep.

Body-bagged

lol what a lunatic. Holy moly. lmao

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very limited carries. I mean it takes 35 carries before Howard starts to ramp up right? Your words.

Bahahahahaha

He's losing it! I love it! I love ALL of this! The inevitable BS meltdown.

First... Who said that, sir? When did I say that? :pound:His back is against the wall folks, and he is FLAILING at air.

Second... Funny how you felt comfortable making this thread, declaring yourself right about Jordan Howard. After he had only a sample-size of 22 carries on the year. That's 8 less than Cohen's sample-size at hand... if you have trouble with math.

Not going to too well for Jordan Howard

BS has that sinking feeling in his stomach about now.

Also, why do you think it is that Cohen's carries have slowly declined? Hmm... That 2.3 YPC could have something to do with it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't bore the rest of the people in this forum by engaging with this lunatic any further. Wow. He's right about one thing though: Someone indeed is losing it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol what a lunatic. Holy moly. lmao

Yes... yes... yes... I love it!

He has nothing. Where's those quick comebacks "genius". There's no wiggling out of this. You're wrecked dude, and you did it to yourself.

Three moments BS will never address. Oh, every other time he gets the chance to speak/reply though... no problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
richig07: 30 carries 71 yards 1 TD

bsgenius:
Very limited carries.

But... after 22 carries for Howard?

Not going to too well for Jordan Howard

BODY.BAGGED.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't bore the rest of the people in this forum by engaging with this lunatic any further. Wow. He's right about one thing though: Someone indeed is losing it.

That's a good move on your part, BS. That's a good boy!

Lay down your hand, and fold.

Because... boy, oh boy. Is this hand over for ya.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks, Howard, Fuller in that order.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on lets not be coward, who did you guys vote for? I want to see who the idiots are.

Akiem Hicks

Kyle Fuller, because everyone knows a defensive line cannot get to a quarterback who can get rid of the ball in 2.3 seconds.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Half MVP? Hmmm Gotta ask- If you take away any of those guys- would they still have the same record?

Would they still be 3-5 without HICKS? That's tough- but I think so. They have others on the D-Line. BUT he's been REALLY good this year. SUPER STOKED for his future.

Would they still be 3-5 without Howard? Nope. Simple as that. With his running and clock control and helping the rookie QB, I don't see another player on the roster filling his roll and productivity.

Voting for Hicks doesn't mean you don't think Howard matters or vice versa.

Both guys are REALLY important to the Chicago Bears- glad we have 'em both...now the real question is WHO in the hell voted for Cohen? ;)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks is easily the defensive MVP, and arguably the overall MVP. The reason Howard gets the nod IMO, is because he is alone on his side of the ball. Literally nothing around him. Even the once decent o-line is completely depleted. Hicks is a beast and is the key cog in the defense, but there are other good players around him. Goldman has been a beast. Trevathan is awesome, and the secondary is flat ballin'.

Howard gets it, cuz he is on an island, and is still succeeding.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks is certainly a very close 2nd, followed by Fuller. IMO

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks. #1n league in interior DL sacks. Howard is #27 in YPC. Stats anyhoo, Hicks and the defense have stopped drives more than Howard has kept O drives going for scores. Bear defense led to wins not offense. Hicks best on D. Its Hicks.

Luvin' the Trubs though. No stats but great arm and true to game plan. Never thought I'd get over Cutler going but Trubs id the dude.