• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears @ AZ

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MICTHELL. MOTHERFUCKING. TRUBISKY!!!

Can't remember the last time I was as interested in preseason games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch will start the season. I don't care what they say or anyone else. Mitch is far and away our best QB. The coaches already know it too. More importantly so does the team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch will start the season. I don't care what they say or anyone else. Mitch is far and away our best QB. The coaches already know it too. More importantly so does the team.

Probably important to see Mitch get reps with the 2nd team first, before we start throwing around those kind of statements...

If all goes well tonight with some reps with the 2's. Then, I could possible foresee some reps with the 1's in the 3rd pre-season game and a slight window opening for him to claim the job.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably important to see Mitch get reps with the 2nd team first, before we start throwing around those kind of statements...

If all goes well tonight with some reps with the 2's. Then, I could possible foresee some reps with the 1's in the 3rd pre-season game and a slight window opening for him to claim the job.

Goddamnit, do it then, already.

I'm with noon. Trubs is better. Younger, stronger, cooler, better athlete. Get him in there. Every game they don't is wasted time.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason or not, that FG return by Thompson was cool af.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goddamnit, do it then, already.

I'm with noon. Trubs is better. Younger, stronger, cooler, better athlete. Get him in there. Every game they don't is wasted time.

You guys need to relax with this knee-jerk nonsense in the pre-season.

As if you needed anymore evidence that there is no QB controversy. We're nearing the back-end of the 3rd Quarter, and Trubs hasn't seen the field yet. He could go 15/15 for 2 TD's to finish this game out, and it wouldn't mean much. Mop up duty vs guys who will be bagging groceries soon.

Jonathan Quinn was once the highest rated QB in the pre-season in the league against the #2's. Let's all calm the fuck down. lol

Not to mention, throwing a rookie QB in there before he's ready can form bad habits, shatter confidence and ruin him. Please... let's take off our fan hats here for a second, and look at this logically.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need to relax with this knee-jerk nonsense in the pre-season.

As if you needed anymore evidence that there is no QB controversy. We're nearing the back-end of the 3rd Quarter, and Trubs hasn't seen the field yet. He could go 15/15 for 2 TD's to finish this game out, and it wouldn't mean much. Mop up duty vs guys who will be bagging groceries soon.

Jonathan Quinn was once the highest rated QB in the pre-season in the league against the #2's. Let's all calm the fuck down. lol

Not to mention, throwing a rookie QB in there before he's ready can form bad habits, shatter confidence and ruin him. Please... let's take off our fan hats here for a second, and look at this logically.

Ya dude, yer totally right, we should waste a season with Napolean Dynamite.

I can't do it. Re-build schmebuild. Get the talent on the field. Glennon is not the talent.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason too wait.

Get him out there.

If he can't handle the kitchen, he wasn't worth the the pick.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy Robertson-Harris has made some big plays tonight.

His name has been called a bunch here in the last 15 minutes.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya dude, yer totally right, we should waste a season with Napolean Dynamite.

I can't do it. Re-build schmebuild. Get the talent on the field. Glennon is not the talent.

You have a very narrow-minded, short-sighted and knee-jerk view of how developing a QB works.

Glennon has outperformed Trubs tonight, BTW.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a very narrow-minded, short-sighted and knee-jerk view of how developing a QB works.

Glennon has outperformed Trubs tonight, BTW.

You talk a lot.

Talk, talk talk...big talk. Like that somehow that makes people think you know wtf yer taliking about.

Good job for Glennon, looking mediocre af with the ones while Trubs plays with dudes that will be working construction in a couple months.

Cool story.

Give me one good reason to start Glennon, week 1.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No better way to test mettle, that to throw it to the wolves.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was actually a fun game fer dumb preseason

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talk a lot.

Talk, talk talk...big talk. Like that somehow that makes people think you know wtf yer taliking about.

Good job for Glennon, looking mediocre af with the ones while Trubs plays with dudes that will be working construction in a couple months.

Cool story.

Cool story.

And I like to talk? Calm down dude. For chrissake. This is juvenile.

Mitch Trubisky had yet to be given a single full-field read by our coaching staff, until tonight. On two separate 3rd downs he did. He responded in one, by getting blitzed, freezing up and being sacked. The other, he stared down his #1 read, threw the ball directly into the hands of the 9th string CB for Arizona, who thankfully dropped it.

If Glennon looked mediocre against the 1's... Trubisky undoubtedly looked mediocre against 3's and 4's. He has yet to complete a set of NFL-level progressions in a game situation... much less see disguised coverages, exotic blitz schemes... etc... Hell, he doesn't even know what a legitimate NFL DB's closing speed looks like. lol

I love Trubisky's skill-set, but clamoring for him to start right now only makes you a fanboy. He has a ways to go, and much to learn. Throwing him into the fire before he's ready, can only damage him. This one season, or even just half of it... is not worth damaging our future QB like that.

I mean, I suppose if he can get some run with the 1's in the next game, and we take off the training wheels he still has on... Maybe there's a case. However, right now... he hasn't even earned a backup job and there appears to be no plan of doing that with him.

He's 22 years old... Rushing this would be a huge mistake. We have all the time in the world to cross our T's and dot the I's.

You can keep up your attempts to marginalize my opinion with your facetious tone, but that's about the best you can do to argue with any of the above. So far I've heard "He's stronger and faster!"... "He's more talented!"... Yeah, no one is disputing that dude.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cool story.

And I like to talk? Calm down dude. For chrissake. This is juvenile.

Mitch Trubisky had yet to be given a single full-field read by our coaching staff, until tonight. On two separate 3rd downs he did. He responded in one, by getting blitzed, freezing up and being sacked. The other, he stared down his #1 read, threw the ball directly into the hands of the 9th string CB for Arizona, who thankfully dropped it.

If Glennon looked mediocre against the 1's... Trubisky undoubtedly looked mediocre against 3's and 4's. He has yet to complete a set of NFL-level progressions in a game situation... much less see disguised coverages, exotic blitz schemes... etc... Hell, he doesn't even know what a legitimate NFL DB's closing speed looks like. lol

I love Trubisky's skill-set, but clambering for him to start right now only makes you a fanboy. He has a ways to go, and much to learn. Throwing him into the fire before he's ready, can only damage him. This one season, or even just half of it... is not worth damaging our future QB like that.

I mean, I suppose if he can get some run with the 1's in the next game, and we take off the training wheels he still has on... Maybe there's a case. However, right now... he hasn't even earned a backup job.

He's 22 years old... Rushing this would be a huge mistake. We have all the time in the world to cross our T's and dot the I's.

You can keep up your attempts to marginalize my opinion with your facetious tone, but that's about the best you can do to argue with any of the above. So far I've heard "He's stronger and faster!"... "He's more talented!"... Yeah, no one is disputing that dude.

clamoring

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clamoring

giphy.gif

Always a good sign when they have to reach for the spelling error...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways... some other thoughts that likely won't cause such a fuss.

- So far, Jonathan Bullard is my pick to be our breakout player this year. It's like he's in on every play, whether it's with a pressure, sack or tackle on a run play. He blew up another 3rd and 1 tonight. This one on the goal line.. He also had the early sack.

- Our line has completely dominated the point of attack in the run game, vs two very good defenses.

- Cohen with another nice night. Langford is as good as cut.

- If it wasn't for the Glennon INT, our 1st team D likely pitches a shutout.

- DB's did a good job. A lot of pressures and sacks as a result of good coverage. I could only find the Cardinals stream, and Arians was pissed after the half that Palmer wasn't throwing the ball away quicker.

I also need to watch the replay on NFLN tomorrow. My stream was shitty and I couldn't see everything.