• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears - Are they stupid enough to let Jay go?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty high standards there sir. I wouldn't mind debating your list. Cutler is near the bottom 2nd tier imo and my top tier is Brady, P. Manning, and Brees.

Considering he had no real WRs until Marshall got there and a HC whose idea of good offense is to punt I think he's held up okay...no way 14 QBs are ahead of Cutler.

Kind of surprised Rodgers isn't in your top tier considering most think he is the best quarterback in the league.

Right now ahead of Cuter for me I would take Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, Kaepernick, Stafford, Ryan, RGIII, Rivers, Big Ben, Flacco, Luck, Other Manning, and maybe Tony Romo. So I would put Cutler just about in the middle of the pack. Some of the young guys still have some to prove obviously but Cutler just hasn't done enough for me to say I trust him to win a Championship over any of these guys listed. Maybe now that he has a good Offensive Minded coach he can change some of that perception but at this point I think middle of the pack sounds about right for him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of surprised Rodgers isn't in your top tier considering most think he is the best quarterback in the league.

Right now ahead of Cuter for me I would take Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, Kaepernick, Stafford, Ryan, RGIII, Rivers, Big Ben, Flacco, Luck, Other Manning, and maybe Tony Romo. So I would put Cutler just about in the middle of the pack. Some of the young guys still have some to prove obviously but Cutler just hasn't done enough for me to say I trust him to win a Championship over any of these guys listed. Maybe now that he has a good Offensive Minded coach he can change some of that perception but at this point I think middle of the pack sounds about right for him.

Matt Ryan is the most overrated QB in the league...sorry.

RGIII hasn't done anything to warrant your choice.

For that matter, Wilson and Kap haven't either. 1 season means nothing, and I don't care how great the season was.

Rivers? Gimme a break.

Eli's tearing it up right now, eh?

Cutler is on par or above with 11 of the 14 QB's you posted.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For that matter, Wilson and Kap haven't either. 1 season means nothing, and I don't care how great the season was.

Rivers? Gimme a break.

Well let us see Kap has made it further in the playoffs in his 2nd year in the league than Cutler ever has in his career so to say he has done nothing is just ridiculous. The young guys I actually did say have a lot to prove but if I am starting a franchise today I would take them over Cutler because I believe in their potential to be greater than what Cutler is right now as a quarterback. That is a personal choice. You can pick Cutler that is fine over those guys but like I said I like their potential.

Rivers was a top 5 quarterback for quite a few years in this league and it wasn't until he had 0 blocking in front of him that he fell off. He is getting better blocking and well is right back in the top 5 again so yes I would take him over Cutler.

Eli has the Championships behind his name as does Big Ben. I know quarterbacks get way too much credit for winning Championships but they have proven year in and year out that they can be trusted to be good quarterbacks for their team. Cutler is struggling to prove that he can even make it through a full season at this point.

You can say Matt Ryan is the most overrated quarterback in the league but statistically he blows Cutler out of the water, winning wise he blows Cutler out of the water, and he has been able to stay healthy more consistently. Again if I am building a franchise I want a guy that can stay healthy and be there for my team 16 games a year.

Also Cutler is no where near on par with 11 of the 14 quarterbacks. Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers already eliminate that argument right off the bat as you are saying one of those guys he is even with.

Again this is an opinion and I have a right to mine and you to yours. You value your quarterback and that is good. I just don't see Cutler being the guy that leads his team to the Superbowl. He is just too inconsistent for my liking. Kind of reminds of Tony Romo in one game you love him and the next you can't cuss his name enough.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think guys under rate Cutler a lot because of all the stuff with Lovie's Bears teams. Honestly, other than Matt Forte, he has had nothing around him on offense. Mostly, that one game we all remember hurts his status. It's unfortunate because we are now seeing how good he could be with the right coach at the helm. He still has to prove some things and win a "big one" but he's on the right track, I think. There is no denying the arm talent and now the brain at least seems to be catching up.

Until these young kids spend some more time in the game and get to the next level, how can anyone say they are better then Jay. Even our guy out here in Seattle, who I regard highly has a long way to go. Please people, quit buying all the hype and use some common sense. Kaepernick is struggling and getting somewhat exposed. We will see if he can right the ship. Wilson has underwhelmed so far. The defense and running gives him time to get tuned in. RG3 is just starting to show flashes of what made him so dynamic last year, but that team has huge problems on defense and he needs help. Luck is the only one that looks to me to be the sure bet so far but he is still on trial too. Let's wait and see on the kids.

Now, as for some of the other guys mentioned as being better than Jay. Rivers? No way. Rothlesberger? Before this year, maybe but Big Ben's best days are gone and I think the SB's over-rate him. Not dismissing the great 4th qtr against the Cardinals either. Matt Ryan? I don't know, this guy has never impressed me all that much. Wins a ton of games but really, what has he done at crunch time that puts him amongst the top QB's? Last years comeback against the Seahawks is the only real one you could hang a hat on but they wouldn't have needed that if he hadn't handed the lead away in the first place. It's a damn good thing they came back because Matty Ice would have been run out of Atlanta. Flacco finally got it all together last year so I'll give you that one. Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers are all no-brainers as the top tier but beyond that, the field is pretty open.

Cutler is at least, top 6-8 (maybe even higher if he continues to do well this year). No way the Bears let this guy walk. No other options out there would be an improvement. This is being objective.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bad oversight...timed out before I could edit to add him, but I made another post...yes, he's a given.

Agree...Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan, Big Ben, Flacco, Manning...these guys have all won on the biggest stage with the exception of Ryan, but Cutler can't touch his consistency.

Luck...I would take him over Cutler as well.

Disagree

• Stafford, great arm, hurt a lot, has had THE best WR, and arguably the best player in the game on his team and 1 playoff appearance.
  • Romo, he's everything you want in the starting QB...until the game really matters.
  • Rivers, at one time he had the maybe the most potent OFC weapons in the game, couldn't get it done
  • RG3, RW, Kaep, I like all these guys, but I'm not a long term believer in running QBs...the guy that I might take over Cutlerwould be Cam

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rivers? Gimme a break.

Your opinion so no need to be sorry about it, but way off base there.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty high standards there sir. I wouldn't mind debating your list. Cutler is near the bottom 2nd tier imo and my top tier is Brady, P. Manning, and Brees.

Considering he had no real WRs until Marshall got there and a HC whose idea of good offense is to punt I think he's held up okay...no way 14 QBs are ahead of Cutler.

Rodgers top tier, brees second tier.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad oversight...timed out before I could edit to add him, but I made another post...yes, he's a given.

Agree...Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan, Big Ben, Flacco, Manning...these guys have all won on the biggest stage with the exception of Ryan, but Cutler can't touch his consistency.

Luck...I would take him over Cutler as well.

Disagree

• Stafford, great arm, hurt a lot, has had THE best WR, and arguably the best player in the game on his team and 1 playoff appearance.
  • Romo, he's everything you want in the starting QB...until the game really matters.
  • Rivers, at one time he had the maybe the most potent OFC weapons in the game, couldn't get it done
  • RG3, RW, Kaep, I like all these guys, but I'm not a long term believer in running QBs...the guy that I might take over Cutlerwould be Cam

Stafford has a compoarable arm and is a much better decision maker.

Cutler and romo are on par because they have identical issues. Their best is good but they are very rarely near their best. Both make worse decisions than entirely random would do.

Rivers is near bottom tier as well.

RW/Kaep, I agree to some extent on, but RW makes much better decisions. He will never be near elite but he is better than Cutler today. RG3 will be the best QB in the league within 5 years. He doesn't need his legs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has a compoarable arm and is a much better decision maker.

Cutler and romo are on par because they have identical issues. Their best is good but they are very rarely near their best. Both make worse decisions than entirely random would do.

Rivers is near bottom tier as well.

RW/Kaep, I agree to some extent on, but RW makes much better decisions. He will never be near elite but he is better than Cutler today. RG3 will be the best QB in the league within 5 years. He doesn't need his legs.

The jury is still out on the young guys, but RW being better than Cutler right now, that debate continues. I'm very interested to see how they mature as players in 5 yrs. Cutler has acted like a 13 y/o at times, he's clearly not a great leader which RW appears to be already. But...most of the players we agree are better have had a better supporting cast/coaches.

I thought Lovie was going to be a star in the league when he 1st came on the scene, but he was too lacking on the OFC side of the ball and Martz was the polar opposite. I think Cutler is at the bottom of the top 10.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To compare the young guys is dumb. They could be out of the fucking game in two years for all anyone knows??

Cutler's body of work gives him the undeniable edge.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be more likely to put him outside the top 20 than even consider him for the top 10. His football IQ is awful.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much of a QB's success depends on so many other factors. Timing, team, coaching, wtc. Brady would have never even been a starter had he not been in the right system, coupled with the right timing. Gangly, uncoordinated goofus, when drafted....had he come right in and started right away, he woulda been broke in half by week 4. He went to the right system, learned from one of the best coaches in the game, lucked onto the field, and rode a great defense and smart coaching. New England's o-line has been dominant for most his career...as a Bears fan, I watch New England games, and am dumbfounded by the protection he gets, (over the years) and the lack of holding penalties en sech. Brady behind a shitty line woulda been outta the league in less than 5 years, IMHumbleO

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be more likely to put him outside the top 20 than even consider him for the top 10. His football IQ is awful.

SEC Offensive POY at fucking Vanderbilt!?

Ya, he's an idiot.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Lovie was going to be a star in the league when he 1st came on the scene, but he was too lacking on the OFC side of the ball and Martz was the polar opposite. I think Cutler is at the bottom of the top 10.

I think that is pretty fair. It isn't all on Cutler but he does have room to improve in the mental aspect, for sure.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

:lame: try being objective, nobody is saying he's better than you Tom Terrific. Honestly, outside top 20 is just hating a guy without any rational thought process.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say, is that what he's done behind our line since being here, coupled with our group of midget No. 3 receivers, awful TE's and piss poor playcalling and system...he is amazing IMO.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Bears QB ever, by a fucking landslide.

yeah, since Sid Luckman, but when Seattle can pay a russel Wilsom a half a million to product wins, you gotta understand why a team does not want to be locked into a 20 million dollar quarterback. They are talking here they have til nov 30th to sign him here and still keep some of the bonus money he will want on this years cap. I dont know what losing Melton does to free up money, but the bears only have 2.5 million of space. IF they bring in a few DT's to cover Melton, it could add some room for up front money.

Bottom line, I think the bears low ball him and if they cant find some other project for trestman he gets the franchise tag next year for the 19 million and cripples the franchise where you really need draft picks to perform, and with aging Tillman, Briggs, Peppers, you gotta think there needs to be enough money to go around.

This year jay is looking better, but his receivers are making some incredible catches, even if the announcers say he put that ball right where it needed to be.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna read all these post, so siap...but Cutler is a good QB, I honestly would be pissed if we let him go. He's looked like shit because of our putrid offensive lines. Just my opinion.