• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Be honest....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1970 SU / 1970 WVU

Houston / W&M
KU / Richmond
Illini / VMI
MD / IU
PSU / Duke
Navy / Pitt
Pitt / CSU
Army / ECU
Miami / SU
MD

You don't see a significant difference in difficulty there? Houston finished with an AP ranking of 19, UPI #13.

Ain't nobody hatin'...

Last edited by a moderator:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't do columns on this site... so... it makes things look all messed up...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1970 SU / 1970 WVU

Houston / W&M
KU / Richmond
Illini / VMI
MD / IU
PSU / Duke
Navy / Pitt
Pitt / CSU
Army / ECU
Miami / SU
MD

You don't see a significant difference in difficulty there? Houston finished with an AP ranking of 19, UPI #13.

Ain't nobody hatin'...

BB, that was a similar schedule, and in case you didnt know, WVU was still transitioning out of the old Southern Conference to IND.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, that was a similar schedule, and in case you didnt know, WVU was still transitioning out of the old Southern Conference to IND.

A similar schedule?

SU played a schedule full of major programs... not a single lower level school on it.

WVU played 5 teams from a lower level.

It ain't even close to being similar...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD,

Let's be HONEST... OK...

I know the history of WVU football. I have studied the history of WVU football.

That is why I am not afraid to tell some Sooner fan what I know of WVU's proud football tradition.

It ain't hatin'... it is just being HONEST.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the football results of the last two and a half seasons, how would you be reacting to our results so far if Holgorsen spoke and had the mannerisms of Bowden or Stewart??? How would you be talking about the empty seats when OU came to town last year? What would your comments be about the blowout loss to UMD had Pastilong hired Holgorsen???? I have a feeling you guys would be saying that a) he won with the previous coaches players, but can not recruit, b) that he had the program headed in the wrong direction, c) that he needs to man up and fire his buddies, d) that a HC change needs to be made, e) you would be calling him names. f) that WVU will never win a "title" with this coach. Look deep inside and be honest.
Still in the BE, without the negative hits in recruiting over conference jumping and worries/rumors of being left God knows where playing God knows who plus multiple coaching changes at OL and other areas by not being able to afford to keep them? I would be calling for Holgorsens head. But the circumstances are different, I think we all realize that.

Give him 1 more year and STABILITY (something the other coaches didn't have to deal with as far as the conference stuff) around him and if the same struggles are happening and we are not reaching at least the 7-9 win a year level and beyond at the end of the year in '15 then yes it will be time for a change, wont matter if he sounds like a hick OR a smart aleck, or both at his pressers.

Until that time, imo it is unfair to hold Holgorsen or any other coach to the same standard as say a coach in one of the other power conferences that hasn't had the negative factors and monumental changes that we have encountered.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my neck of the woods? I said every top 20 team did it. What was Michigan's excuse for playing weak teams or any of the others then. It was just that way when CFB started, there were no conferences or such and a lot teams played anybody and everybody, some not even worth mentioning.

I am not sure if that is entirely accurate....Michigan Still played a Big10 schedule..Oklahoma played a Big 8 Schedule...and so on...did they have some easy games on their sure....but Wv was an Eastern Independent...and sure you could make a case they were in a psuedo conference because Temple, BC, VT, Penn State, Syracuse and Pitt pretty much played each other every year...but being an Eastern Independent provided them with a ton of options that they never really took advantage of...never played Ohio State or Alabama or Auburn...but settled for a Villanova, Richmond, East Carolina, Virginia and Kentucky............or would play an obscure game like BBW mentioned like a Colorado State or Stanford and even Cal back in the day...even Oklahoma........:nod:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think its a hate thing at all...it is just reality...in 100 years of football you can narrow the highs of the program into 3 years of Nehlen's tenure, 4 years of Rich's tenure and 1.5 of Dana's....

The point is that YOU asked for HONESTY...and you got it!!!..:lol:

DAD I understand your point about Stewart...I really do, but the thing is he should have NEVER been given the HC job in the first place...seriously how about some honesty from you...did you see Stewart as the coach in waiting if Rich ever left??:scratch:...pretty sure all of us saw that writing on the wall to be Doc Holliday at the time and I for one wasn't crazy about that either...I saw him no different than Stewart...I career Asst. Coach who was a better recruiter than Stewart.....

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you say HYPOCRITE? I spot one guy on here who constantly posted on the CBS boards that 3 years was not enough to give ole HCBS enough time to see what he can do. From the same guy who constantly posts to fire Dana after 2.5 years.

I see a Pitt fan who just wants to get on the WVU boards and post negative info and trash the coach over and over again, loves the blowout losses, but won't post any good words after we beat a top 20 team.

I am back to the boycott of PITTGRADUATE-WVUDAD

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you say HYPOCRITE? I spot one guy on here who constantly posted on the CBS boards that 3 years was not enough to give ole HCBS enough time to see what he can do. From the same guy who constantly posts to fire Dana after 2.5 years.

I see a Pitt fan who just wants to get on the WVU boards and post negative info and trash the coach over and over again, loves the blowout losses, but won't post any good words after we beat a top 20 team.

I am back to the boycott of PITTGRADUATE-WVUDAD
Another, I have NOT called for Holgorsen to be fired, I said NEXT year is the year, BUT I have called LOUDLY, as have many others, to get Efore out of WVU football. I have said good things about WVU football in the past and I have pointed out to several homers that all is NOT rosey today!!!!!!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another, I have NOT called for Holgorsen to be fired, I said NEXT year is the year, BUT I have called LOUDLY, as have many others, to get Efore out of WVU football. I have said good things about WVU football in the past and I have pointed out to several homers that all is NOT rosey today!!!!!!

Dude: So your'e calling on him to be fired last year. Everybody on this board sees the scores and most watch the games. I'll continue to support my program and coach and hope the AD knows what he is doing. Efor had a 2 year contract and will most likely be gone after this year. In the meantime, I will not try to garner negative public opinion about the team and coaches.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another, I have NOT called for Holgorsen to be fired, I said NEXT year is the year, BUT I have called LOUDLY, as have many others, to get Efore out of WVU football. I have said good things about WVU football in the past and I have pointed out to several homers that all is NOT rosey today!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Well let me understand this a little more....what is so bad at the moment?:scratch:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many blowout losses.

Last year... the kids quit... did not respond.

This year, Dana can't communicate with his QB's.

Talent on the field, not producing with talent.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana targeted offensive linemen with this year's recruiting class. There is a reason for this...

He has tried to develop quality depth across the board. But, it takes time.

Look at some of Nehlen's best teams. There was no depth. As soon as kids started going down, the team started losing to average opponents. Some years when it played tough schedules... like 1984... he literally had no one healthy at year's end. The team that started so well... limped in to finish the season. Look at the '88 team and what injuries did to its hope to win the MNC against ND...

When you play a tough schedule with quality team after quality team... it takes its toll.

I want to see WVU win as badly as anyone...unfortunately... it takes patience.

DeForest has improved ST's this year in many areas. I realize there are some he is still addressing...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many blowout losses.

Last year... the kids quit... did not respond.

This year, Dana can't communicate with his QB's.

Talent on the field, not producing with talent.

I count a total of two...is that two, too many??..:lol:

They quit last year?:scratch:..didn't they go into Austin and win?...Didn't they just join a new conference?:scratch:..not producing the talent?..didn't they just beat the pre-season pic to win the Big12?:scratch:...and should have beaten OU in Norman?:scratch:..hmm. :gaah:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana targeted offensive linemen with this year's recruiting class. There is a reason for this...

He has tried to develop quality depth across the board. But, it takes time.

Look at some of Nehlen's best teams. There was no depth. As soon as kids started going down, the team started losing to average opponents. Some years when it played tough schedules... like 1984... he literally had no one healthy at year's end. The team that started so well... limped in to finish the season. Look at the '88 team and what injuries did to its hope to win the MNC against ND...

When you play a tough schedule with quality team after quality team... it takes its toll.

I want to see WVU win as badly as anyone...unfortunately... it takes patience.

DeForest has improved ST's this year in many areas. I realize there are some he is still addressing...

How spot on is this post!!:10:

Throw in he still had to recruit Juco players to add depth this year....no matter their experience.you gotta know those kids are not the sharpest knives in the drawer if they were the majority would ahve been on D-1 campuses their freshman year....and they are still coming in with the knowledge of what a true freshman would have not playing in this system or getting acclimated from a campus that they are coming from likely with the average enrollment of 2500 to 30,000.....