• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Be honest....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the football results of the last two and a half seasons, how would you be reacting to our results so far if Holgorsen spoke and had the mannerisms of Bowden or Stewart??? How would you be talking about the empty seats when OU came to town last year? What would your comments be about the blowout loss to UMD had Pastilong hired Holgorsen???? I have a feeling you guys would be saying that a) he won with the previous coaches players, but can not recruit, b) that he had the program headed in the wrong direction, c) that he needs to man up and fire his buddies, d) that a HC change needs to be made, e) you would be calling him names. f) that WVU will never win a "title" with this coach. Look deep inside and be honest.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are different kind of WVU fans...

There are oldtimers who are upset about any changes made affecting their experience. These fans bitch about every change and look back at the good old days. They falsely remember these experiences... and live in denial.

There are some fans who support the coach of their team until he is gone. To support this coach and hope he has success is enough for them. If the coach is having success... the team is having success.

There is a large group of current WVU fans who supported Bill Stewart and feel he was wrongly let go from his position. This group of fans is very discontent with the current AD, and rant about the current HC at every opportunity.

I support Dana because he is the current HC of my favorite team. I supported Bill Stewart when he was the HC of WVU.

I lost my optimism for Bill Stewart after his loss to UConn. Seems like this was the same time Luck felt a change was required as well.

If one looks at the 2010 and 2011 recruiting classes for Bill Stewart, one can understand why Dana is struggling. The team has been so young the past two years. Last year the defense was inexperienced... this year the offense is inexperienced.

I do not understand why the fans who loved Bill Stewart and wanted to see him remain as HC at WVU are now on a constant rant of wanting to see the present HC fired after the same three year period given their guy.

If they feel Stewart was wronged... why would they want to see the same wrong done to the next guy?

Wouldn't that make them two faced bigots?

I'd love an honest answer to that...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to look at Holgorsen alone for the losses, he says he cant communicate with the offense to get plays in,:wtf2:, we see a team with talent to beat OSU and play down for down with OU, BUT some fans say we do not have talent enough to score a single point against UMD, :bullshit:, last year, we couldnt do ANYTHING against TT and KSU, but score 49 and 48 against OU and Texas?????????????? there IS talent on the field, they could not rise up to beat or play with these good teams if there was not. :omg:, there is some sort of disconnect between the players and coaches going on, All three of these QBs were recruited and accepted by THESE coaches, they SHOULD be able to judge a player to fit THEIR system..........

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana never said he can't communicate with the offense.

Never heard WVU fans say we didn't have the talent to score on Maryland either.

Did WVU recruit Trickett? Or, did Trickett search out a place to transfer to have an opportunity for increased playing time?

Looks like Clint made a wise decision to leave FSU.

IMO, Dana recruited Ford to be the QB of his team. Paul was recruited to fill a void at QB. Stewart recruited one other QB after Johnson and Brunetti transferred. Paul Athey from MN. Huge void at QB due to Bill Stewart's problems with keeping kids on his team.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok..Honestly.......I think Wv has a truly innovative coach who has shown that his system works time and time again....his offense put up better numbers than Rich's did when he was the OC at Clemson and Tulane...he has put up more impressive wins in his first 3 years at the helm than any other HC in the history of the program..

DAD through your rose colored glasses you seem to have revisionist history about Wv football...it seems to go back only to the Days of Dandy Don Nehlen....if we are truly being honest here...since you posed THAT VERY question.....Wv football for its 100 plus years of football in total sum has been an average ( at best ) program...and history tells us that....no way to sugar coat it...

So to assess Dana or any HC at a level in the first 2.5 years with the same expectation say at an Ohio State...is ridiculus....Wv's achilles heel has been and will always be that there are less than 3 in -state recuits per year worth a D-1 Scholarship...do you have a true comprehension of how bad that is...and those 3 look usually look like a Wes Tonkery..an average at best talent that we hope can over achieve somehow ( See Marc Magrow) ...and when there is top talent they go elsewhere the majority of the time..ie see Randy Moss....even Dandy Don Nehlen Couldn't get Curt Warner to stay in state as an example.......

To think about the turmoil this program has gone thru since Rich's departure including the repercussions of the AD being ousted..the President asked to resign...etc, etc....and how Dana assumed the HC position ..hasn't set this program back a couple of years...your mistaken..you can't just lay all of that saga at Hologorsen's feet...for he's aprt of the collateral damage...I think what you are missing ....by a mile here...is that if he has the right players on the field..(see Geno Smith and Tavon AWESOME).....his offense will work....this is a young team...they will get better...Dana will get better...what the program needs from fans right now is some patience....and I think they deserve it.........

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slaton,

Just a little FYI... Dad recently posted WVU is a traditional top 20 team. It uses the fact it is ranked in the top 20 in all time wins as validation of his stance.

It doesn't matter that many of those wins were against the talent of Richmond, George Washington, and the school for the Deaf and Blind.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slaton,

Just a little FYI... Dad recently posted WVU is a traditional top 20 team. It uses the fact it is ranked in the top 20 in all time wins as validation of his stance.

It doesn't matter that many of those wins were against the talent of Richmond, George Washington, and the school for the Deaf and Blind.

Oh boy....:L

DAD you don't want me to go back and use Dandy Don as an example again ..to tear his coaching record down do you?..if you recall I broke down all of his wins and losses vs programs with winning records and non winning records...it wasn't a pretty story....if memory serves me correctly 62% of his wins came against the likes of Rutgers, East Carolina and Temple just to name a few of the schools...Throw in the likes of Bowling and Green and The Villanovas of the world and you get the picture....his record against ranked teams is equally abysmal....I won't even throw in his record against rivals..Syracuse, Pitt, Penn State and VT........

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slaton,

Hell, that's true for most teams in the top 20 of all time wins. What can you do about it? Before modern transportation you played whoever was close enough to play.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, that's true for most teams in the top 20 of all time wins. What can you do about it? Before modern transportation you played whoever was close enough to play.

That is true....however there is a difference..You being a Sooner fan and in your neck of the woods ... D-1 schools or any schools for that matter with a football program are few and far between....in this part of the country you can throw a rock in any direction and hit one....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DAD you don't want me to go back and use Dandy Don as an example again ..to tear his coaching record down do you?..if you recall I broke down all of his wins and losses vs programs with winning records and non winning records...it wasn't a pretty story....if memory serves me correctly 62% of his wins came against the likes of Rutgers, East Carolina and Temple just to name a few of the schools...Throw in the likes of Bowling and Green and The Villanovas of the world and you get the picture....his record against ranked teams is equally abysmal....I won't even throw in his record against rivals..Syracuse, Pitt, Penn State and VT........

:wtf2: look at ANY football team, and that will be the case, Ohio State has an overall losing record, by a wide margin to UM, but owns the rest of the B11, but can not buy a win against an SEC team. Nehlen won MOST of the games he should have, and more than a few of the ones he wasn't. Remember his speech in 1980 to the students? I paraphrase here Before we worry about beating sPitt and PSU who are top five teams, lets worry about beating William and Mary and Richmond, the teams we SHOULD beat.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nehlen went: 8-13 against 'Cuse, 11-8-2 against sPitt, 2-11 against PSU, 10-11 against VPI, ALSO 12-9 against UMD, 15-4-1 against BC, 2-10 against Miami, so HARDLY did he beat only creampuffs like you try to say, many times, sPitt, Miami and PSU were top 5 teams, and not many coaches or teams do real well there.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true....however there is a difference..You being a Sooner fan and in your neck of the woods ... D-1 schools or any schools for that matter with a football program are few and far between....in this part of the country you can throw a rock in any direction and hit one....

In my neck of the woods? I said every top 20 team did it. What was Michigan's excuse for playing weak teams or any of the others then. It was just that way when CFB started, there were no conferences or such and a lot teams played anybody and everybody, some not even worth mentioning.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my neck of the woods? I said every top 20 team did it. What was Michigan's excuse for playing weak teams or any of the others then. It was just that way when CFB started, there were no conferences or such and a lot teams played anybody and everybody, some not even worth mentioning.

I am getting sick of fellow WVU fans belittling the past, but defending the debacle that is going on now, Don Nehlen got into the HOF based on his coaching job at WVU, what should we do then, guys, erase all games against teams not in the top 10? Not on some arbitrary list? WVU is top 20 ALL TIME in WINS and in winning %, just because we did not end up high on the list of most popular teams every year ( WVa had ONE vote in each poll!!!!) does NOT mean we should diminish our past. Look at EVERY team, as KansasSooner points out, Ohio Sate used to play OWU, Mt Union, etc, so shut up about it. Rather than trying to run me down, CELEBRATE the past!!!!! You want to make excuses for losing to unranked UMD, BUT pour piss on Nehlen for losing to #1 Miami with a roster full of NFL guys!!!!!!!:wtf2:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah... but, WVU was still doing it well into the 1970's. We're not referring to some golden age for the birth of college football with our reference.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... but, WVU was still doing it well into the 1970's. We're not referring to some golden age for the birth of college football with our reference.
:wtf2: BB, go to wvustats.com and take a look, sPitt, PSU, 'Cuse, VPI, BC all on the schedule almost every year, Kentucky, SO Carolina, California, Stanford, UVA, NCST, Ill, IND, UMD, Miami, SMU, Tulane, Oklahoma. WVU had their cupcakes on the schedule, AS DID EVERYONE, but the schedules played in the 1970s were as strong as ANYONES!!!!! Quit it, BB. Celebrate the past!!!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

W&M
Richmond
VMI
IU
Duke
Pitt