• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS denies MWC waiver for AQ

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly a surprise and certainly justified given the turnover.

MWaC did not deserve it.....

BCS denies Mountain West request for automatic bid | Voices.IdahoStatesman.com

The Bowl Championship Series presidential oversight committee on Tuesday denied the Mountain West’s request for an automatic berth in 2012 and 2013.

The Mountain West failed to meet the criteria for an automatic berth during the last four-year cycle, but performed well enough to apply for an exemption.

The committee did not provide any reasoning for the denial.

The Mountain West met two of the three criteria for an automatic berth based on the average ranking of its highest-ranked team in the BCS standings and for its number of Top 25 teams. However, the league fell well short on the third criteria — the average ranking of all its teams.

That leaves six automatic-qualifying conferences for the last two years of the BCS, including the Big East, the league the Broncos are expected to join in 2013.

The Big East received a waiver in for the 2008 and 2009 seasons. The league is part of the BCS contract for 2010 to 2013.

The Big East and ACC both fell short of the standards the Mountain West was asked to meet in the last four-year cycle. However, both are contractually guaranteed BCS slots.

Read more here: BCS denies Mountain West request for automatic bid | Voices.IdahoStatesman.com

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that was expected with them losing their biggest drawing card (BSU).

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that was expected with them losing their biggest drawing card (BSU).

They had a case with Utah, TCU BYU and BSU.

A good one.

Without any of those teams and having added teams like SJSU and Choo choo state I am totally perplexed as to why MWC thought they deserved an AQ slot and think they have a good lawsuit.

Divorced from reality comes to mind.