• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baylor predictions

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, now I am REALLY confused....... Get pasted by UMD last week, play defense like the Steelers and beat OSU this week...... Baylor has played a really weak schedule so far, but beat each team handily. WVU has one quality win under our belt. I do not know much about how hard it is to play at Baylor, but if they score a lot early, I do not like our chances, BUT if the defense plays like yesterday and makes them kick FGs instead of TDs, we may just pull out another one. I will make two predictions, and either one is as likely to happen.... IF the WVU defense plays like yesterday WVU wins 24-17, IF the offense plays like they did at UMD, Baylor wins 49-10, I cant figure this team out........ Our offense to date is not going to win any shootouts.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVUDAD was the one that said we won't win more than 2 games. He talks shit when we lose and than hops on the band wagon when we win a game. Talks shit about the D the beginning of the year than thinks they are great. Is this guy for real

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will make TWO predictions too like WVUDAD did. If we score more points than Baylor WVU will win. If Baylor scores more points than us than we will lose. I cant figure it out We lost 2 games and we won 3. Isn't it so crazy???? How does this happen Crazy

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smells as if a troll responded, glad the ignore list works so well. There are still problems on this team, and anyone who thinks all is well because of one big win is fooling themselves .

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEE A dumb fuuk responded. Yes WVUDAD Not the sharpest tool in the shed. But even a dull shovel can dig in the Shit

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH look, the troll gave me a thumb down, boo hoo

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor will score points. The question is can we? I see a tough one for us in Waco as they have retooled and have more tremendous talent. I am gonna say Baylor 31 WV 24.:noidea:

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in another thread, I'm going with superstition. Since WVU wins when I say they'll lose big...

Baylor 73 - WVU 10

Here's to superstition... :hope:

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor-WVU

The key to this game is the 1st and 3rd quarters. Baylor is averaging 69.67 PPG, against very suspect opposition. They are not prepared for a tight game and I think we are learning to win them. That W&M opening disappointing "barely win" may now be a blessing in disguise as we now have won two tight contest. I say the defense plays well enough, the offense plays it well. My concern is our punt return team. If we avoid a calamity there, we win.

WVU 30, BAYLOR 26:omg:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we have to wait and see what the deal is with Clint before we go making decisions.

Things I think we have going for us:

1. We gained some confidence this week, we beat a good team Saturday and we beat them with help from all three teams of the game...each team did something to hurt the effort, but then one would do something to pick us back up.

2. We are going to Waco, not known as one of footballs most hostile enviorments, I have a feeling if we can keep it close we could control the crowd noise. I think Baylor has scored 14 pts in the fourth quarter so they want to get out of the gates fast.

3. Baylors competition this far has been very weak and i bet they have not been hit around like our defense likes to hit....we hit them early and hard we will give them a lot to think about.

4. Clint Trickett.....if he plays he gives us our downfield attack which has been lacking all season, his throws are not always the best looking, but he seems to forget about mistakes very quickly.

Things not in our favor:

1. Baylor is scoring on 60% of their drives, this is a pace never seen before....we haev to slow them down, we are not going to win any shoot outs.

2. Baylor has played weak teams, but they have beat them like weak teams.....they are going to have a lot of swag.

3. Baylor is balanced top 10 in both run and pass offense and do not turn the ball over..3 TO's this season, pretty amazing considering how many plays they have run.

4. Baylor defense is ranked 15th in total yards and have only given up over 300 yards in one game...I would say very impressive since every team they were playing were coming from behind.

This team seems loaded, but even with al those igh rankings the voters must not be that impressed...at this point if we hold them somewhere in the 30's I would be happy...prediction wil come later in week. :noidea:

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict again, Baylor comes to the field taking WVU for granted, looking past us to future competition, and we play with the same character and heart that we did last Saturday, and we win another closely fought football game. Undeniably, WVU took a giant leap forward against OSU, even in the face of horrible special teams. Trickett playing raises the level of competitiveness by 10 points plus on the field. My concern still holds, we HAVE to protect him, at all costs, because we revert back to lackluster performance at the QB position without him. If I were Millard or Childress, I would be spending every single moment with Trickett, learning about desire, learning how to inspire the players around them, as Trickett does, and getting past their personal ego's enough to be the men of talent they portray themselves to be.

I am not a Holgerson fan, but I was given a whole bunch more reason to give him praise. His plan, can work, that showed in the performance of the team on the field Saturday. I am perplexed at his continued loyalty to DeForest, but, who I am to question his belief in the abilities of a person? And after what I witnessed Saturday, I am not so ready to blame DeForest for the lack of understanding a player has to where he is on the field. You cannot not coach brains, even with repetitive training. A player, at that moment on special teams, HAS to be aware of where he is on the field, not filling his head with dilussions of grandeur about a punt return for a touchdown, and that is what I see wrong. Our special teams guys are not even looking around, they don't seem to be able to determine they are on the 20 yard line, or the five yard line, and even us novices couch potatoe coaches no the difference of what you do in each position.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict again, Baylor comes to the field taking WVU for granted, looking past us to future competition, and we play with the same character and heart that we did last Saturday, and we win another closely fought football game. Undeniably, WVU took a giant leap forward against OSU, even in the face of horrible special teams. Trickett playing raises the level of competitiveness by 10 points plus on the field. My concern still holds, we HAVE to protect him, at all costs, because we revert back to lackluster performance at the QB position without him. If I were Millard or Childress, I would be spending every single moment with Trickett, learning about desire, learning how to inspire the players around them, as Trickett does, and getting past their personal ego's enough to be the men of talent they portray themselves to be.

I am not a Holgerson fan, but I was given a whole bunch more reason to give him praise. His plan, can work, that showed in the performance of the team on the field Saturday. I am perplexed at his continued loyalty to DeForest, but, who I am to question his belief in the abilities of a person? And after what I witnessed Saturday, I am not so ready to blame DeForest for the lack of understanding a player has to where he is on the field. You cannot not coach brains, even with repetitive training. A player, at that moment on special teams, HAS to be aware of where he is on the field, not filling his head with dilussions of grandeur about a punt return for a touchdown, and that is what I see wrong. Our special teams guys are not even looking around, they don't seem to be able to determine they are on the 20 yard line, or the five yard line, and even us novices couch potatoe coaches no the difference of what you do in each position.

Jim, I doubt that Baylor's coaches will let their guys take WVU for a patsy. They will be pointing to this weeks game and letting their kids know what can happen. I AM ready to blame Efore for the ST gaffs, it is not just one kid fair catching punts inside the five. They are, IMO, being coached to go for the home run on every return. Just as Efore coached last year on defense to strip the ball, rather than tackle the runner. As I have said many times, a physical mistake, a fumble, pick, etc are going to happen, BUT the mental mistakes are killing us on STs. Efore is at the least an ineffective coach who is a distraction, and at worst a cheater who will get us in dutch with the NCAA.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU 22 Baylor 21

If it works, do it again

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they are playing in Waco(Wild Ass Cook Off, Capital of Texas eating). It most certainly is not a place that places fear in the hearts of their opponents. I say the Baylor team spends Friday night eating ribs, dill pickles and tater salad with drinking a ton of beer, and shows up Saturday hung over(Ok, I am laughing), but I still think they take us for granted, and we play like we all know this team is capable of, and come away from Waco with a win. In looking at some reasonable comparisions, and the fact that Baylor's statistics this season are grossly inflated by inferior opponents, WVU wins this game....WVU 21....Baylor 13.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we hold this team to under 30 pts it would be amazing....I am not saying we will lose, but this offense so far has been quick scoring and very balanced. I might say we will lose laterin the week...:whistle:

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU 20....Baylor Cubscouts 14....GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, but does Millard survive? Is this a good time to ask who the #4 and 5 QBs are?