• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baylor by the numbers

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor inside the numbers:
Opponents
Wofford 69-3
Buffalo 70-13
ULM 70-7

Baylor QBs are completing 75% of their passes:
Bryce Petty 50-67 1001 yds 8 TD’s 0 INT

Baylors Top 6 rushers are averaging over 4 yards a carry:
Seastrunk 417 yds and 6 TD’s AVG 10.97 YARDS PER CARRY
As a team 6.58 yards per carry

Receiving corps 4 players are averaging over 20 yards per catch
Goodley 14rec 370 yards 4 TD’s
Reese 15 rec 350 yards 3 TD’s
They really spread the ball around but only 6 players have scored TD’s for what that is worth

They have converted 57% of third downs

Defense is not that bad…..

Giving up less than 300 yards a game and have only allowed 23 pts, 34 TFL, 10 sacks, teams have only been in red zone 9 times and TD % is 33%.

Third down defense only allowing 33% conversion rate

On paper they look like a really good team…IMO

Most people are looking at the opposition and saying they have not played anyone...but still scoring 70 pts a game is not by just poor opponents.....they have scored 14 pts in the fourth quater...they get on you fast...

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for the updated stats, but I am still a skeptic of the level of competition. For sure putting up almost 70 points is impressive, yet I have gone an looked at their opponents stat, and their's are NOT. Given those thing, I still feel we go into Waco and do serious battle, and come out of there with a tight defensive battle, win. They have played nobody even close in caliber to the very super improved defense we witnessed against Oklahoma State, and I honestly don't think Patterson or Holgerson are going to allow a step back in that level of play. OSU was a major major step forward for this team, in finding the confidence in each players capability, offensively and defensively, we finally showed the heart we all believed they had.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember another team... just last year... that was putting up some big numbers heading into their game in Lubbock, TX.

Hopefully, Patterson has some packages that will confuse and disrupt their QB.

While we did not get a ton of sacks last week... or in the Maryland game... due to the mobility and athleticism of each team's QB... we did hurry Walsh and Brown. Neither QB had a great game.

Sometimes the constant pressure can be effective. Love seeing our CB's playing pressing man coverage now. Good stuff....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember another team... just last year... that was putting up some big numbers heading into their game in Lubbock, TX.

Hopefully, Patterson has some packages that will confuse and disrupt their QB.

While we did not get a ton of sacks last week... or in the Maryland game... due to the mobility and athleticism of each team's QB... we did hurry Walsh and Brown. Neither QB had a great game.

Sometimes the constant pressure can be effective. Love seeing our CB's playing pressing man coverage now. Good stuff....
I think that the pressure and hurrying the pass is VERY effective, I am really pleased with how aggressive our defense is playing now.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alot of their scheme is timing, we bump them off the line and lay them out when we can will only do us favors.

I really am impressed not only with being in position to make the plays but laying the wood when we have the chance. 2 weeks in a row we have given WR's something to think about.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know i do not know if this is an advantage or not, but conditioning might come into play in this one, but not the way we usually think....Baylor has yet to even have its starters see a fourth quarter..if we can keep it close we might wear them down, heck their own offense might wear them down....might be a crazy thought, but none the less a thought...lol

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know i do not know if this is an advantage or not, but conditioning might come into play in this one, but not the way we usually think....Baylor has yet to even have its starters see a fourth quarter..if we can keep it close we might wear them down, heck their own offense might wear them down....might be a crazy thought, but none the less a thought...lol
DC, I think that was PART of our defensive problems in some games last year, the offense scored so quickly that the defense had no rest. I remember when Marshall had those quick strike offense years and their defense wore down as games went on and let the other team back in the game.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, I think that was PART of our defensive problems in some games last year, the offense scored so quickly that the defense had no rest. I remember when Marshall had those quick strike offense years and their defense wore down as games went on and let the other team back in the game.

Numbers wise it does not even look like this game will be close, but I can't get over the fact of how our defense is hitting and tackling...hard one for me to pick this week.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers wise it does not even look like this game will be close, but I can't get over the fact of how our defense is hitting and tackling...hard one for me to pick this week.

Love how the opponent's WR's are getting laid out. Stewart and one of their other WR's were not able to walk a straight line when leaving the field.

Against Maryland... both Long and Diggs were hurting to get up off the field at times.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a Baylor fan on CBS tell me that we're overrated and started bragging they were going to beat us by 2 TDs. I kindly pointed out to him that we were picked to win just 2 games and that they were a 27.5 point favorite. I think I thanked him for the vote of confidence that we would beat the spread so easily. If not I'll have to go do that.

:lol:

Oh, and my thoughts on the game mirror what BB said. I have nothing more to add.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, we are gonna WIN. Just saw another post about SOS, and Baylor's is something like #173. They have not played anybody with half a defense, and I agree even farther, that conditioning will be a big game time factor, the greater majority of our defensive 1st team have played practically every minute of every game, and even at Maryland, we were smackin hard. I think Baylor craters before the 4th quarter!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq is playing himself into a nice pay day, even last year he was one of the top NT in the Big 12...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His play has been outstanding.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense scares the crap out of me, our defense is WORLDS better this year but there has still been plays where we were literally inches from being burned for TD's and I think Baylors offense is good enough to connect on some of those plays. IMO the key will be our Dline vs their OLine, we win that battle, we are in good shape, if not imo they will light up the scoreboard.