• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Battle of The Birds Cards V. Eagles

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge game for both teams. I am interested to see what Foles does against a good defense. I thought weather might be an issue, but it is 50 degrees with no wind or rain. Perfect football weather.

One big negative for the Cards is Ellington is out.

Lets keep the streak going RED BIRDS!!!!!

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles 24 - Cardinals 21.

The Eagles just passed the Cards in the playoff race. They're getting closer to a wild card spot - IF they don't win the division.

Beat Detroit next week.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to see the Cards win so they would make SF just a little nervous. The Rams presently rolling over and playing dead for the Niners.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to see the Cards win so they would make SF just a little nervous. The Rams presently rolling over and playing dead for the Niners.
Too bad. Maybe the Eagles being a game behind San Fran will make them nervous - but then, if the Eagles happen to win out, maybe the entire NFC should be nervous.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Too bad. Maybe the Eagles being a game behind San Fran will make them nervous - but then, if the Eagles happen to win out, maybe the entire NFC should be nervous.

Yeah, the Eagles are a dangerous team, IMO.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Eagles should not make any real contender nervous.

The Cards had three turnovers and the Eagles had none. In addition, there were some atrocious calls made at the end of that game. Nobody can argue that. With all that, the Eagles barely squeeked one out at home in a game that should have been a blowout.

Nick Foles is great, but I guarantee, GUARANTEE, the Eagles will never be a serious contender with Chip Kelley as their coach. He couldn't do it at Oregon, and he most assuredly wont do it in the pro's.

BTW- Before I get the "you mad bro" comments or anything like that, I will say absolutely not. The Eagles deserved to win that game and should feel good. I think anyone who watched that game will understand the Eagles are winning in spite of their coach. Nick Foles is the real deal and that gimmick offense will eventually fail them in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The highlights on that game looked...sketchy

I'm not convinced that the Eagles have the better team but the Cardinals really did cost themselves a shot at the playoffs barring some unlikely scenarios

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles should not make any real contender nervous.

The Cards had three turnovers and the Eagles had none. In addition, there were some atrocious calls made at the end of that game. Nobody can argue that. With all that, the Eagles barely squeeked one out at home in a game that should have been a blowout.

Nick Foles is great, but I guarantee, GUARANTEE, the Eagles will never be a serious contender with Chip Kelley as their coach. He couldn't do it at Oregon, and he most assuredly wont do it in the pro's.

BTW- Before I get the "you mad bro" comments or anything like that, I will say absolutely not. The Eagles deserved to win that game and should feel good. I think anyone who watched that game will understand the Eagles are winning in spite of their coach. Nick Foles is the real deal and that gimmick offense will eventually fail them in the NFL.
The Cards were 7-4 and the Eagles were 6-5 but NOW the Eagles should have won in a blowout.

You can't guarantee ANYTHING - except make statements based more on silly spitefulness than on football knowledge.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen anything out of the Eagles to make me think they are a legitimate post season threat to anybody.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles and postseason were 2 words that didn't go together back in early October. Today, they just might and they now have TWO choices - pass Dallas or pass San Francisco.

Apparently, the Packers are no longer a threat to anyone. The Eagles ALSO lost their starting QB but they just got better.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles and postseason were 2 words that didn't go together back in early October. Today, they just might and they now have TWO choices - pass Dallas or pass San Francisco.

Apparently, the Packers are no longer a threat to anyone. The Eagles ALSO lost their starting QB but they just got better.

When your starter is Vick was it hardly a surprise they improved. And the Packers aren't much of a threat. Tell me something i dont know.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Eagles were better than they were getting credit for before yesterday's game, and I'd be far from shocked if they win a bad division, but I'm not sold on them being better than Seattle or New Orleans come January. Eagles fans should still be happy though. I think most of them are getting more than they hoped for this season.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Eagles were better than they were getting credit for before yesterday's game, and I'd be far from shocked if they win a bad division, but I'm not sold on them being better than Seattle or New Orleans come January. Eagles fans should still be happy though. I think most of them are getting more than they hoped for this season.
Eagles fans ARE happy. It is December and they are in the playoff hunt. Last year they had 4 wins.
If they catch either San Fran or Dallas, they will be in the playoffs.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards were 7-4 and the Eagles were 6-5 but NOW the Eagles should have won in a blowout.

You can't guarantee ANYTHING - except make statements based more on silly spitefulness than on football knowledge.

It should have been a blowout after the early turnovers, the 24-7 lead and the poor officiating in the Eagles favor. A playoff caliber team slams the door shut in that situation.

And your questioning my football knowledge is ridiculous. Most non-biased people who watched that game would agree with my logic.