• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Batman: Ninja (2018) (animated)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batman: Ninja (2018):

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York Comic Con 2017 promo:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
English-audio trailer:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to this, as I see all the superhero movies animated or not.

Just hope the English version is easy to find and the dubbing is not too bad. Would always rather see it in English than Japanese.

Any clue when the dubbed version will come out??

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is on par with Batman Forever.

Avoid unless you're really high

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. No thanks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pretty good... the west meets east was well done... Sure there were some weird anime cliches but it mostly fit...
I'm actually somewhat curious as to what you liked about it.

I thought they were going to do a Ninja Scroll/Die Hard thing and they didnt

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually somewhat curious as to what you liked about it.

I thought they were going to do a Ninja Scroll/Die Hard thing and they didnt

Did you see it yet??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

It's all over the place

the final battle and the scene where joker lost his memory were weird... i agree... but i thought the rest was well done...

and the final battle, as weird as it was, fits the anime world... the voltron-esque villain, and then a super power up for the good guy...

again, you have to remember it was a east meets west project...

What i liked about it overall, was how they didn't try to reinvent batman in anime form... even if some of the characters were not true to the batman lore...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the final battle and the scene where joker lost his memory were weird... i agree... but i thought the rest was well done...

and the final battle, as weird as it was, fits the anime world... the voltron-esque villain, and then a super power up for the good guy...

again, you have to remember it was a east meets west project...

What i liked about it overall, was how they didn't try to reinvent batman in anime form... even if some of the characters were not true to the batman lore...
My issues here are two-fold. I feel like they took some of the mediocre elements from Batman and mixed them with the mediocre elements of anime.

I figured the hook to the whole thing coming in was how each of these established players in Gotham readjusted to ancient Japan. Instead all of the villains were basically meaningless except for two. Whats really silly is that they built up a lot of the other characters with Guilty Gear character intros to have them just be robo pilots with no impact on the plot.

They took the elements from Japan that were around to sell toys and built the whole movie around that. Batclan? Monkeys? Godzilla sized Batman once they joined forces? Multiple different Robins with almost no screen time?

There wasn't really that much complexity to the plot. It was Tom and Jerry with big robots. The whole thing came off like a satire of Batman like the 'Batman Forever' and 'Batman and Robin' movies. I think there is a niche for that kind of thing but it wasn't for me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issues here are two-fold. I feel like they took some of the mediocre elements from Batman and mixed them with the mediocre elements of anime.

I figured the hook to the whole thing coming in was how each of these established players in Gotham readjusted to ancient Japan. Instead all of the villains were basically meaningless except for two. Whats really silly is that they built up a lot of the other characters with Guilty Gear character intros to have them just be robo pilots with no impact on the plot.

They took the elements from Japan that were around to sell toys and built the whole movie around that. Batclan? Monkeys? Godzilla sized Batman once they joined forces? Multiple different Robins with almost no screen time?

There wasn't really that much complexity to the plot. It was Tom and Jerry with big robots. The whole thing came off like a satire of Batman like the 'Batman Forever' and 'Batman and Robin' movies. I think there is a niche for that kind of thing but it wasn't for me.

I agree about the villains, and how only 2 really mattered... But at the same time, did you want to see an 8 HR animated film?? I think focusing on Grod and Joker made most sense to the story... and again, you have to realize this was an east meets west movie, they didn't want to stray too far from the clichés...

It certainly had its problems... But I really thought it was well done for what it was...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the villains, and how only 2 really mattered... But at the same time, did you want to see an 8 HR animated film?? I think focusing on Grod and Joker made most sense to the story... and again, you have to realize this was an east meets west movie, they didn't want to stray too far from the clichés...

It certainly had its problems... But I really thought it was well done for what it was...
I actually liked the final fight with Batman vs Joker. I kinda wish it was in a different movie. You actually see Batman give up on Joker letting him die only to change his mind at the last second. With all of the terrible things Joker has done throughout his existence, this isnt the movie I expected that from because Joker really wasn't that terrible but it was a really good fight.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually liked the final fight with Batman vs Joker. I kinda wish it was in a different movie. You actually see Batman give up on Joker letting him die only to change his mind at the last second. With all of the terrible things Joker has done throughout his existence, this isnt the movie I expected that from because Joker really wasn't that terrible but it was a really good fight.

again, that's what I liked most about it... they didn't reinvent batman... which lots of the other anime versions of the American superheroes did... this basically felt like our batman somehow ending up in feudal japan... in fact that was the plot... LOL... Batman- gotham city, time travel, ends up in feudal japan...