• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Basketballds

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m moving on...

Hard to believe WVU is #6 in the country. Having watched a bunch of games, WVU has a lower ceiling than a lot of top 20 teams.

It will be interesting to see what Esa looks like when he returns against TT... who is a really good team. I read that Esa and Jevon looked like men among boys during summer practices.

Jevon started out hot... was the go-to guy during the Thanksgiving tournament and big win over UofV, but an injury has severely impacted his offense the last two games. Against Okie St, he was a TO machine.

WVU can only go as far as our guard play allows. I make this same point every year because our HOF coach doesn’t seem to recruit elite true PG’s. WVU had 18 TO’s against KSU. That is terrible...

OU comes to town this Saturday. They have an elite PG. Our defensive all-star gonna have his hands full. I expect OU will win by double digits. Our press does little but wear our kids down this year and get them into foul trouble. Our half court defense is very average, and OU has a bunch of kids who can shoot the 3. We don’t defend dribble penetration very well... nor do we defend the 3 very well. I think it gets really ugly...

I hope I’ll see some improvement in these areas Saturday, but I’m not too hopeful....

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m moving on...

Hard to believe WVU is #6 in the country. Having watched a bunch of games, WVU has a lower ceiling than a lot of top 20 teams.

It will be interesting to see what Esa looks like when he returns against TT... who is a really good team. I read that Esa and Jevon looked like men among boys during summer practices.

Jevon started out hot... was the go-to guy during the Thanksgiving tournament and big win over UofV, but an injury has severely impacted his offense the last two games. Against Okie St, he was a TO machine.

WVU can only go as far as our guard play allows. I make this same point every year because our HOF coach doesn’t seem to recruit elite true PG’s. WVU had 18 TO’s against KSU. That is terrible...

OU comes to town this Saturday. They have an elite PG. Our defensive all-star gonna have his hands full. I expect OU will win by double digits. Our press does little but wear our kids down this year and get them into foul trouble. Our half court defense is very average, and OU has a bunch of kids who can shoot the 3. We don’t defend dribble penetration very well... nor do we defend the 3 very well. I think it gets really ugly...

I hope I’ll see some improvement in these areas Saturday, but I’m not too hopeful....

Not sure if I am subscribing to the Guard play being the be all end all...Lamont West looks like he is improving every game..Bender is going to get better..and this Allen kid looks to be a big time scorer..excited to see what the rotation looks like when Ahamd gets back

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be his best team when it is all said and done, they look solid on all fronts

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I am subscribing to the Guard play being the be all end all...Lamont West looks like he is improving every game..Bender is going to get better..and this Allen kid looks to be a big time scorer..excited to see what the rotation looks like when Ahamd gets back

You won’t find too many teams that make a deep run in the NCAA without great guard play. Look it up and get back to me with your list...

Allen has been better than I thought he might look. WVU had trouble beating two of the worst teams in the conference... Allen had a big night against a team that gave up over 100 to our next opponent.

We’ll get a good idea how strong we are after the OU game...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won’t find too many teams that make a deep run in the NCAA without great guard play. Look it up and get back to me with your list...

Allen has been better than I thought he might look. WVU had trouble beating two of the worst teams in the conference... Allen had a big night against a team that gave up over 100 to our next opponent.

You need to factor in the games were on the road...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well seems as though you have made a blanket statement then..what you are saying applies to all teams...Its a small sample size but I am suggesting that the low post game and the forwards have carried this team in their last two wins...to me that speaks to balance which this team has not had in some time...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well seems as though you have made a blanket statement then..what you are saying applies to all teams...Its a small sample size but I am suggesting that the low post game and the forwards have carried this team in their last two wins...to me that speaks to balance which this team has not had in some time...

It’s a basic tenet of the game. No different in saying in football, you have to have outstanding DL and OL play.

WVU is short in depth at the guard position. I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s game. It should be telling...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a basic tenet of the game. No different in saying in football, you have to have outstanding DL and OL play.

WVU is short in depth at the guard position. I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s game. It should be telling...

Is it me or is it just fun to watch Beetle Bolden play basketball?..most improved on the defensive side of the ball...

:tj:

But speaking of Rich...seems like his girlfriends are asking to settle for 7.5 million!..I think I might of give him a a reach around or something for for 7.5 million!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or is it just fun to watch Beetle Bolden play basketball?..most improved on the defensive side of the ball...

:tj:

But speaking of Rich...seems like his girlfriends are asking to settle for 7.5 million!..I think I might of give him a a reach around or something for for 7.5 million!

I enjoy Beetle’s game. Kid is a scorer. While his defense is improved, he cannot defend the dribble. He’s been very good at getting in position to get a charge.

Rich has a lot going on. Extramarital affair... administrative assistant sues for harassment and hostile work environment... wife gone get upset... and no job.

His $6 million severance fee should help...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KOH NAH. TAE.

That kid keeps hitting that mid range teams going to be big time dangerous!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very impressive win last night. I have watched OU play a bunch of games this season, and I thought they would let the 3's rain on us. WVU is not a very good 3pt defending team, but Trae chose to attack the rim instead of dishing it outside where all of their 40+ percentage 3pt shooters were waiting for a pass from him.

IMO, Konate was the difference maker. Not only did he knock down some key jumpers when Carter was on the bench in foul trouble... but his ability to stay out of foul trouble... to stay on the court... allowed him to protect the rim all night long.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU showed depth did well when JC was in foul trouble, they shoot free throws and play consistently. I thought that JC would have to carry this team, but he has lots of help. West has improved, along with Bolden and we soon get our best forward back. This could the best team Huggs has had here.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So not that I really care, because all that matters is if Wv wins the Big12 and ends up on a #1 line for the tournament, but I just saw the rankings...why such a disparity of #1 votes with Villanova..their two best wins are versus Gonzaga ranked #15 and Tennessee Ranked #24 both wins at home...versus Wv two best wins against #3 Virginia and #9 OU both wins at home? Villanova ends up with 52 first place votes vs Wv 12 in the AP and a difference of 46 votes in the coaches poll?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time we were ranked #1 was in 1959. That is a big deal.

As with the polls, I think many voters don't look at accomplishments but only who lost last week. I see no good reason to rank Nova higher than us.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time we were ranked #1 was in 1959. That is a big deal.

As with the polls, I think many voters don't look at accomplishments but only who lost last week. I see no good reason to rank Nova higher than us.

Just no rhyme or reason to me, I guess that Neutral site games factor?:scratch:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So not that I really care, because all that matters is if Wv wins the Big12 and ends up on a #1 line for the tournament, but I just saw the rankings...why such a disparity of #1 votes with Villanova..their two best wins are versus Gonzaga ranked #15 and Tennessee Ranked #24 both wins at home...versus Wv two best wins against #3 Virginia and #9 OU both wins at home? Villanova ends up with 52 first place votes vs Wv 12 in the AP and a difference of 46 votes in the coaches poll?

Just laziness of the AP voters. They don’t look at resume. Nova was ranked ahead of us last week... so they stay ahead.

Like the old days that DAD so fondly remembers... you know... how BYU won the MNC because they went undefeated by beating an average UofM.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough road loss today. TT normally shoots 69% from the line... 69 is a cool number... goes 24-28 today. Nearly half of their first half points came from the line.

Too many fouls... hard to adapt to the way this one was called.

Move on... KU next...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing loss tonight. Blow a 16 point lead?

Our HOF coach can’t recruit guards.

I was starting to believe after the OU win. If you’re special... you hold home court.

Oh well... Texas is next....