• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Basketball season

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's excited about basketball season?

I know we're in the midst of a very good football season. But, the basketball officially tips off Friday. Sam Dekker is back after a pretty good freshman year. Josh Gasser is getting better after an ACL. A really good freshman class is entering the program. So, expectations for the year?

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a guard heavy group this year...Frank needs to play well and stay healthy for us to be as successful as we have been. IMO, the play of the freshman Hayes and Brown will also play a huge factor in how well we do.

Other notes....
I'll be happy if Gasser plays at the level he did before his injury.
I'll be surprised if Dekker isn't 1st team all B1G
Jackson needs to start hitting more open jumpers.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very high expectations for the backcourt
Very low expectations for the frontcourt

Rebounding problems will mean this team lives and dies with the jumpshot. Brust, Gasser, Dekker, Traevon, Marshall, and Koenig can make shots and move the ball well. I'm just really not sure Kaminsky and Nigel Hayes will be able to save us if they go cold.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting a breakout all conference season from Dekker.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited. They have some really interesting talent right now. Who isn't fired up about Dekker?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think Koenig should redshirt? Hard to see much playing time for him behind all those guards...

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think Koenig should redshirt? Hard to see much playing time for him behind all those guards...

He might be playing because he is (hopefully) a better shooter than Traevon or Marshall. If the shots go cold for everyone else, he could be a spark of energy. Dekker has the best shot on the team, but there's no reason he can't be #2 (Brust is up there, but is too streaky).

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I briefly thought about that. Then I thought, is it likely that as the season progresses Koenig takes even a few minutes away from either George Marshall or Trae Jackson? I think we'd all agree that BK has the highest ceiling of all the guards on the roster, do you get the most out of Koenig's skill by playing him potentially minimal minutes as a true freshman or next year as a reshirt freshman with all the guards but Brust coming back(unless someone transfers).

I think everyone knows that Dekker is going to be the best player we have. I'm excited to see who the 2nd and 3rd scoring options will be to take some defensive pressure away from Sam. What can Gasser give? Can Kaminsky be even slightly more aggressive than he has been? What kind of senior year will Brust have? I hope one of those guys isn't Trae Jackson because I didn't see a whole lot of consistency from him last year. I'm excited for this season. Going to be a fun year.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think keeping Bronson around for an extra year would be the biggest payoff. Don't think he will be enough of an upgrade over any of the other guards to have him play this year. Having him here for an extra year could pay off big in the long run.

And if he doesn't redshirt I feel like you almost need to redshirt hill and dearring. There is just no use carrying 8 guards. Let some of these young guys take a year to work on their game/get stronger.

It'd be nice to have some of these guys around for awhile, we don't need to recruit too many guards the next two years or so

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a stream for the game? Cant find one not even on vipbox.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a stream for the game? Cant find one not even on vipbox.

I'm not gonna provide a link, but FirstRow has one. I'm watching it in the BTN, so it's not like it should be too hard to find. Pretty much the entire Midwest has it.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna provide a link, but FirstRow has one. I'm watching it in the BTN, so it's not like it should be too hard to find. Pretty much the entire Midwest has it.

Okay ill check out firstrow. Thanks

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this game is going to overlap. ESPN always does this crap.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly win, but I'll take it....frank, dekker, Nigel, brust with solid games....trae, as usual, had an up and down game, yet hit another huge shot at the end.

Also, good showing by the students....1st and 2nd levels filled 25 minutes to game time!!! I bet the blue hairs were happy about that.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly win, but I'll take it....frank, dekker, Nigel, brust with solid games....trae, as usual, had an up and down game, yet hit another huge shot at the end.

Also, good showing by the students....1st and 2nd levels filled 25 minutes to game time!!! I bet the blue hairs were happy about that.

They'll still complain about football games.

An ugly win like this will go a long way in helping this team grown and develop in the long run. I think Florida wins if they don't have all of those suspensions.

I know a lot of people say that Bronson Koenig is the gem of this recruiting class, but I think Nigel Hayes was another big recruiting win. Those 2 are going to be special.

I keep waiting for the light to go on for George Marshall so we can see the guy who dominated practice during his red shirt year, but it's yet to happen, and I'm starting to wonder if it ever will happen. Trae Jackson is by no means great, but he's just solid.

A nice early season win, this will look good by March.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year I think to myself. Wisconsin cant possibly be as good this year as they are supposed to be. Then by years end you have 24 wins, a top 6 seed, a top 4 finish in the B10 and you beat Iowa 2 times on fucking buzzer beaters..... LOL. Props for the good win. Im coming to the Kohl Center early January for the Iowa-Wisky game. Need to see what all the hubbub is about :)

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year I think to myself. Wisconsin cant possibly be as good this year as they are supposed to be. Then by years end you have 24 wins, a top 6 seed, a top 4 finish in the B10 and you beat Iowa 2 times on fucking buzzer beaters..... LOL. Props for the good win. Im coming to the Kohl Center early January for the Iowa-Wisky game. Need to see what all the hubbub is about :)

Too bad we play Iowa during semester break again...the atmosphere won't be nearly what you're expecting.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad we play Iowa during semester break again...the atmosphere won't be nearly what you're expecting.

Oh shit... Bummer. Well its still a road trip to Madison :) and thats never bad.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard this on the radio tonight:

Badgers sign Happ to national letter of intent - UWBadgers.com - The Official Athletic Site of the Wisconsin Badgers

Nov. 13, 2013
MADISON, Wis. -- Head men’s basketball coach Bo Ryan announced Wednesday that high school senior Ethan Happ has signed a national letter of intent to attend the University of Wisconsin and play basketball for the Badgers beginning in the fall of 2014.

Ethan Happ (6-8, 200, Rock Ridge High School, Taylor Ridge, Ill.)
An AP first-team All-State selection as a junior, Happ averaged a double-double last season at Rockridge High School, posting 23 points and 10 rebounds per game.

As a sophomore, Happ earned AP honorable-mention All-State honors, recording 15 points and 11 boards per game. The Taylor Ridge, Ill., native also added two blocks and two assists per game.

"We are thrilled to add Ethan to the Wisconsin basketball family," Ryan said. "In addition to being a skilled player with a versatile game, he is a terrific person off the court as well. His GPA is around 3.75 and he’ll fit in well in Madison from both a basketball and academic standpoint.

“On the court, Ethan has been a part of some very successful programs both at the high school and AAU level with the Quad City Elite. His versatility and ability to play numerous positions will be a great addition to our roster. Offensively, can handle the ball, shoot, pass and rebound. Perhaps the most exciting element is his work ethic and desire to improve. We were really impressed at his willingness to do the work necessary to get better as a player.

“Ethan comes from a great family and Badgers fans should be excited to watch him mature and develop at UW."

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll still complain about football games.

An ugly win like this will go a long way in helping this team grown and develop in the long run. I think Florida wins if they don't have all of those suspensions.

I know a lot of people say that Bronson Koenig is the gem of this recruiting class, but I think Nigel Hayes was another big recruiting win. Those 2 are going to be special.

I keep waiting for the light to go on for George Marshall so we can see the guy who dominated practice during his red shirt year, but it's yet to happen, and I'm starting to wonder if it ever will happen. Trae Jackson is by no means great, but he's just solid.

A nice early season win, this will look good by March.

I'll say it again, we need to redshirt bronson and riley. Neither of them will see enough time this year worth wasting a year of eligibility