• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Basketball 20-13-14: PreGame: vs. Fairmont State

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction: WVU 78, Fairmont St. 64

Don't read too much into this final score. A lot of players will play.

What to look for:

- How is the CONTINUITY of the offense? “A year ago we didn’t pass the ball well,” Huggins stated. “We had a bunch of guys last year who thought that they could do some things better than others, and we tried that for a while and that obviously didn’t work.”

- How is the man defense "two passes away"? This is a Huggins specialty. If this is not in place....LOOOOONNNNNGGGG Season!

- How is the outside shooting? -Huggins likes to run a lot of five out stuff. To do that effectively, inside out shooting is a priority. It opens the post to physical one-on-one play, while killing the double team.

- How is the rebounding? -The number is not what to look at here. Rather, answer the quesion.... IS IT PHYSICAL?

- Leave your thoughts and predictions below for this pre-season EXHIBITION.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard a lot of news about the team and how they are coming together since the mass defections/releases, JUCO pickups and incoming freshmen. I let my B&G News subs lapse after many years of reading. I can only hope the team executes better, knows how to listen to their coach and has a little more heart than last years squad. Given where the football season seems to be heading - I am putting more than a little faith in our BB success. I am not expecting to contend for the B12 conference but would like to see .500 at least. Is that asking too much?