• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barnhart

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most managers are reluctant to be left with only one available catcher...especially in the 7th inning. I agree in the principal of using your bench when the opportunity presents itself regardless of 7-8-9 inning... you may not get a opportunity later...or as it turns out the manager can let one reliever make the discussion totally obsolete.

Skip Schumaker's atrocious AB with runners on 1st and 3rd and one out was the killer in the seventh. The Reds were 0-6 with RISP.....happens way too often this season...the problem is magnified when you're not getting the runner home with productive outs.

The Reds are playing short handed, but I really don't see any evidence that Price has a clue how to best use his roster regardless of circumstance.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, tying the score in that 7th would have just been a prelude to the big fireworks in the bottom of the inning. To date, the best hitters off the Reds bench are Marquis and Cueto.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Votto only gets a 1 game vacation and is serving it tonight. The mighty Kris Negron is filling in at 1b.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JV is showing some signs of frustration. The day off probably will help him. I think JV going to the umps and humbling himself probably helped a little in the suspension. As of now, up this way, could be some rain delays in the early innings.