• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'BAMA Reloads for 2014

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to play Alabama, isn't it best that it's the first game of the year when they have a new QB??? Hell, their new QB could fall on his face and they have a bazillion false start penalties en sech.

Seems like if there ever was a chance to ambush the Tide, it would be that game.

Just thinking out loud.:noidea:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to play Alabama, isn't it best that it's the first game of the year when they have a new QB??? Hell, their new QB could fall on his face and they have a bazillion false start penalties en sech.

Seems like if there ever was a chance to ambush the Tide, it would be that game.

Just thinking out loud.:noidea:

Could not agree more, we are bringing in QB's while not the most talented in the world HAVE played and kept things competitive in Norman freggin OK. They bring a QB that is totally unproven and its a neutral site and will be a circus atmosphere. You can get hurt in practice, that can never be an issue when playing football, if your afrid to get hurt then you shouldn't play at all no matter the opponent.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Often thought the same, or somebody who needs attention. Seemed to have started when posters started the "Stew must go" campaign.

I am holding Holgorsen, who has a record more comparable to Cignetti than Nehlen, Fraud, or Stewart to the same standards you guys held Stewart to. The team has regressed since Holgorsen took over, You hang your hat on one game, while the complete domination losses pile up. Under Stewart WVU went to Baton Rouge and competed toe to toe with one of the best teams in their house, but you guys called for him to be gone, but make excuses for Holgorsen for losing to Iowa fucking State after having a huge lead at the half.......

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am holding Holgorsen, who has a record more comparable to Cignetti than Nehlen, Fraud, or Stewart to the same standards you guys held Stewart to. The team has regressed since Holgorsen took over, You hang your hat on one game, while the complete domination losses pile up. Under Stewart WVU went to Baton Rouge and competed toe to toe with one of the best teams in their house, but you guys called for him to be gone, but make excuses for Holgorsen for losing to Iowa fucking State after having a huge lead at the half.......

And the teams did not progress with Stewart in an easier conference. Wasn't this the same year they played and lost to Syracuse and also UConn in OT. Where those teams on the same par with LSU in 2010?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you holding DH to the same standards as Donny then you are going to give him more time right? You going to let him develope a Decent team every 4 years....you are going to forgive him for losing bowl games....forgive him for not being ranked, forgive him for bad L's. dH has 21 wins in three seasons, his first 3.

Donny
86-88 21 wins. This includes one of his two double digit win seasons
89-91 18 wins
95-97 20 wins
98-00 19 wins

I went in order for these there are other three stretches that are flat out terrible

90-92 15 wins
85-87 17 wins

I am relieved to know that you going to be giving DH more time, gosh we wasted all these years going back and fourth good to know you are finally on board.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you holding DH to the same standards as Donny then you are going to give him more time right? You going to let him develope a Decent team every 4 years....you are going to forgive him for losing bowl games....forgive him for not being ranked, forgive him for bad L's. dH has 21 wins in three seasons, his first 3.

Donny
86-88 21 wins. This includes one of his two double digit win seasons
89-91 18 wins
95-97 20 wins
98-00 19 wins

I went in order for these there are other three stretches that are flat out terrible

90-92 15 wins
85-87 17 wins

I am relieved to know that you going to be giving DH more time, gosh we wasted all these years going back and fourth good to know you are finally on board.

I guess he was satisfied with the Mountaineers playing well against a good team and losing while still losing to teams we should have beaten, just as long as it was Stew at the helm. I'm glad that you brought all of this to light, DC. We did waste a lot of years attempting to understand where he was coming from, while all the long, we were saying the same thing.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad, I saw people grilling Stewart for losing to 'Cuse because Geno Smith had a bad day, then turn around and praise Holgorsen for getting manhandled by them. They grilled Stewart for the loss to Colorado in his first away game as the coach, but forgive Holgorsen for that meltdown against IAST in year three. Stewart was a shitty coach for losing at LSU because of a fumble, but again forgive Holgorsen for getting pounded by them at home. This coming year is it, win seven games or fire his ass. Lose again to Kansas and IAST, fire his ass.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad, I saw people grilling Stewart for losing to 'Cuse because Geno Smith had a bad day, then turn around and praise Holgorsen for getting manhandled by them. They grilled Stewart for the loss to Colorado in his first away game as the coach, but forgive Holgorsen for that meltdown against IAST in year three. Stewart was a shitty coach for losing at LSU because of a fumble, but again forgive Holgorsen for getting pounded by them at home. This coming year is it, win seven games or fire his ass. Lose again to Kansas and IAST, fire his ass.

Actually... Stewart lost his first road game in his first year to a CUSA team..... an embarassing ass whipping to a CUSA team.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a rest. DH is the coach now. Grade him on what he does with what he has. This is not the year I expect him to bring the program back, but it should be the year he turns the corner. What Nehlen, or RR or Stew did is entirely irrelevant.

I don't like DH, but I see improvement. The talent is picking up and perhaps as soon as next year, WVU could be respectable. That's when we'll see if he can coach.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't so much the fumble for me, more of the lack of having a ready RB when Noel went down. Lack of being prepared maybe?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't so much the fumble for me, more of the lack of having a ready RB when Noel went down. Lack of being prepared maybe?

Lack of being prepared? WOW did you watch a third year coach without a QB last year?????

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually... Stewart lost his first road game in his first year to a CUSA team..... an embarassing ass whipping to a CUSA team.

That same team beat Frank Beamer's team the previous week............ Is HE a shitty coach?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a rest. DH is the coach now. Grade him on what he does with what he has. This is not the year I expect him to bring the program back, but it should be the year he turns the corner. What Nehlen, or RR or Stew did is entirely irrelevant.

I don't like DH, but I see improvement. The talent is picking up and perhaps as soon as next year, WVU could be respectable. That's when we'll see if he can coach.

MAC, I see a team on the skids, this coach was supposed to make stars out of average QBs and receivers, he has coached the team to a worse record each year, the team is not buying what he is selling. I dont get where people see improvement, I see line play showing regression, QB play going backward, the defense showed some improvement last year, but not enough to make a difference.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That same team beat Frank Beamer's team the previous week............ Is HE a shitty coach?

I certainly hope you are not trying to imply Stewart was as great a coach as Beamer. WVU was a top 10 team heading into its game against this CUSA club. And, they were dominated in every phase of the game.

That WVU team must have quit.... been in poor condition... or poorly prepared... to have been whipped so badly by a nonAQ team like ECU.

Wouldn't you agree?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly hope you are not trying to imply Stewart was as great a coach as Beamer. WVU was a top 10 team heading into its game against this CUSA club. And, they were dominated in every phase of the game.

That WVU team must have quit.... been in poor condition... or poorly prepared... to have been whipped so badly by a nonAQ team like ECU.

Wouldn't you agree?

You can not judge a coach by one or two games in their first year, BB. As was said in 2010 after a loss to UConn, a better team in 2010 than either Kansas or IAST in 2013, year three is time for a coach to take ownership of what he puts on the field. Nick Saban lost to a MWC team, Lloyd Carr lost to a 1AA team and a MAC team, come on man. Holgorsen is just not a very good head coach, and he has lost his touch with the QBs as well.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can not judge a coach by one or two games in their first year, BB. As was said in 2010 after a loss to UConn, a better team in 2010 than either Kansas or IAST in 2013, year three is time for a coach to take ownership of what he puts on the field. Nick Saban lost to a MWC team, Lloyd Carr lost to a 1AA team and a MAC team, come on man. Holgorsen is just not a very good head coach, and he has lost his touch with the QBs as well.

What do they say about hindsight?

How was the look at WVU any different at the end of Stewart's reign… than the beginning of it? He looked overmatched at ECU. He looked overmatched at UConn.

All I know is Dana coached the team that scored 70 points a bunch of times… one of those times in the Orange Bowl.

Since Stewart had no luck recruiting QB's after Geno… Dana has done the best he can with what he was left.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 2010 UConn team went to the Fiesta Bowl and lost to OU 48-20.

Are you so sure they were better than last year's ISU or KU?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAC, I see a team on the skids, this coach was supposed to make stars out of average QBs and receivers, he has coached the team to a worse record each year, the team is not buying what he is selling. I dont get where people see improvement, I see line play showing regression, QB play going backward, the defense showed some improvement last year, but not enough to make a difference.
The QB talent hasn't been average, it has been abysmal. A spit shined turd is still a turd.What you see is lack of depth. The defense was down to starting their #3 depth chart player at some positions by mid season. Injuries are part of football, but when you don't have players to plug in, your team is going to suffer. The O-line didn't get worse, they were horrid all year. William and Mary got consistent pressure...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU's QB's averaged 262.1 yds passing last season. Actually... better than average.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their passing efficiency was well below average though... a ranking of #100.