• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baltimore Ravens Ongoing Thread

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are done praying for that, let me enlighten you to the fact that God doesn't grant prayers based on jealousy, covetousness,and hatred....
So in Oldschool terms ; Fahgettaboutit !!....:D
Can't mouth your way through it- you'll have to beat them. I made my choice......

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't mouth your way through it- you'll have to beat them. I made my choice......

Is that your honest opinion or is there a little homerism mixed in ?
Pitts has revamped that D with young fast players, and the O could be the best in the league, so I'd say they have a good chance of going into Seattle and winning...
And we have sured up our secondary, added better talent to the wr and TE positions to a team that was 2 games from the SB last yr, and have home field advantage in this game, so I'd say we'll be favored to win....
So just how do you figure Seattle wins both of those games ?
I predict that Pitts will win handily in the opener against the Pats, with or without Brady because of obvious reasons...
How do you see that one going ?:think:

Ravskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitts has revamped that D with young fast players, and the O could be the best in the league, so I'd say they have a good chance of going into Seattle and winning...
And we have sured up our secondary, added better talent to the wr and TE positions to a team that was 2 games from the SB last yr, and have home field advantage in this game, so I'd say we'll be favored to win....
I predict that Pitts will win handily in the opener against the Pats, with or without Brady because of obvious reasons...
I am curious to see Pitts D this year. They have to replace the leadership/talent of Polo, Taylor, and Worilds to name a few. The Ravens were able to retool the D over a 2/3 year period of time and the Steelers have been doing it too. It will be interesting to see all their young players.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious to see Pitts D this year. They have to replace the leadership/talent of Polo, Taylor, and Worilds to name a few. The Ravens were able to retool the D over a 2/3 year period of time and the Steelers have been doing it too. It will be interesting to see all their young players.

I was reading that this new DC they have is going for speed on that D and Shazier is expected to be heading that trend with a 4:3 40.....Poly was special but like all greats, their time is limited and he had lost his speed....
I like our new guys too, and expect a major upgrade form last yr...."The Rivalry" continues, I love it man !!:yes:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misko and I have committed to going all-in on the 1st game. Both of us are sure - one of us will double-up.

Ravskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading that this new DC they have is going for speed on that D and Shazier is expected to be heading that trend with a 4:3 40.....Poly was special but like all greats, their time is limited and he had lost his speed....
I like our new guys too, and expect a major upgrade form last yr...."The Rivalry" continues, I love it man !!:yes:
The rivalry has been 15 yrs strong and is the best in the league. Shazier didn't have the best of rookie seasons. An offseason might do him wonders but they already drafted over Jarvis Jones their 1 rd'er from 2013. It has not been smooth trying to rebuild the defense. Their pass D was bad last year. They drafted Golson, a playmaker, but short on the stature side of things.

It will be fun seeing a Polo-less Steelers D.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misko and I have committed to going all-in on the 1st game. Both of us are sure - one of us will double-up.

Well, like an old buddy of mine always says; "you never know how you look, til you get your picture took"...:D

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rivalry has been 15 yrs strong and is the best in the league. Shazier didn't have the best of rookie seasons. An offseason might do him wonders but they already drafted over Jarvis Jones their 1 rd'er from 2013. It has not been smooth trying to rebuild the defense. Their pass D was bad last year. They drafted Golson, a playmaker, but short on the stature side of things.

It will be fun seeing a Polo-less Steelers D.

Yea Shazier was hampered with injuries last yr, but they are high on him being healthy and play a big part in this new D from what I've read about it....
My fav games are against Pitts, except when we lose to them of course....
It will be interesting to see how that new approach works for them, let's just hope we have an answer for it because that O is a beast if healthy...

Ravskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Shazier was hampered with injuries last yr, but they are high on him being healthy and play a big part in this new D from what I've read about it....
My fav games are against Pitts, except when we lose to them of course....
It will be interesting to see how that new approach works for them, let's just hope we have an answer for it because that O is a beast if healthy...
I thought the secondary did a great job during the playoff game. No Bell but contained a very hot offense. It will be huge if Brady doesn't play in the first game. I had that game as a loss in Pitt's schedule and it should turn it into a W.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the secondary did a great job during the playoff game. No Bell but contained a very hot offense. It will be huge if Brady doesn't play in the first game. I had that game as a loss in Pitt's schedule and it should turn it into a W.

I actually think Pitts wins it with or w/o Brady....Remember the Pats secondary has been drastically depleted and with that O Pitts has, it will be a job for them to stop, No Revis,Browner,Wilfork, etc...
Yes we always play them well as they do us, regardless of deficiencies on either side of the ball...
It's the best rivalry in football IMO....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens will likely be one of the last 2 to 4 teams in the Afc finals/playoffs..and of course maybe better

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens will likely be one of the last 2 to 4 teams in the Afc finals/playoffs..and of course maybe better

Comes in brings wine and gifts.

Well played.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh... looks like both of the Baltimore birds are officially dead.

Time to aim for 0-16 for a faster rebuild process?

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens are very much alive.

Browns and 49ers coming up next.

For the record, my reference to "both previous post was written when the Orioles were on the verge of mathematical elimination while the Ravens were 0-3.

Anyway... I still stand by my original sentiment, now that the Ravens have lost to the Browns as well. And for extra insult, Tyrod Taylor actually has a higher passer rating than Joe Flacco does after five games (103.6 vs. 80.7)... which makes you wonder if overpaying to keep Flacco after winning the Super Bowl might be a mistake after all. And since FiveThirtyEight.com is now projecting a 6-10 season, part of me almost wants to ask for 1-15 for a faster rebuild process (the Ravens currently have the 9th worst defense in terms of yards per game).

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that Monroe was put on IR.

Hot damn the Ravens are an injury riddled team this season! Not that you guys don't already know, but I thought it was crazy to look at your IR list. Ravens currently have 18!

Notably:
Flacco
Suggs
Forsett
Smith Sr
Perriman (wtf is his story? Thought we would see him at some point)
Elam
Campanaro
Pitta (PUP, basically IR'd)

Injuries are a part of football, but you guys got snakebitten badly this season.

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens sign OT Bryant McKinnie

Damn. There's no way his fat ass can be ready to go week 1 if he's 60 lbs. over his playing weight.

Lol!
Here's hoping that the 60 lbs is pure muscle. :suds:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3