• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baldwin Pushed Cable, So what, i would too

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emotions run high when you're playing football.

I'm the first person to call out Bennett or Sherman for acting stupid, but I've personally met Doug Baldwin a number of times and he is a very quiet, reserved guy. You can probably see it in the interviews. Frustrations occasionally boil over. He's one of the smartest players on this team IMO and one of the smartest route runners I've seen in my time watching the NFL.

The offensive line has been the weak link in this team for a long time. The Seahawks had some nice drives that were ended by drops, and plagued by ridiculous penalties by the offensive line. Baldwin's anger would've been better directed at Ifedi, but Cable is still the coach.

Either way, I have no issue with Baldwin's actions. There have always been "controversies" about the locker room, but all I know is that since Carroll took over, the Seahawks are 60-25-1 since 2012, have made the playoffs every year, have 2 Superbowl appearances, one Superbowl win and are perennial Superbowl contenders. Obviously your Pats can top that, but that's still extremely impressive. So, I'm not concerned about locker room bullshit or "disrespect" of coaches. I care about winning.

There is no denying that the Seahawks are a great team. You can go back thru my posts and see where I picked them to go to the SB this year. I'm not trolling. Just my observations.

I'm not gonna deny those numbers but this has been a different team since that SB against the pats. No marshawn. Sherman openly defying the coach during games followed by other players doing it as well. I'm not doubting Baldwin is a "good guy" but I'm just wondering how many more wins this team would have if players played and coaches coached. That was my point.

Pete is certainly a players coach and this kinda stuff comes with that but I think it's detrimental. Just my thoughts

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, i think the team is just trying to get some press. probably planned it all out and got beers after the game

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no denying that the Seahawks are a great team. You can go back thru my posts and see where I picked them to go to the SB this year. I'm not trolling. Just my observations.

I'm not gonna deny those numbers but this has been a different team since that SB against the pats. No marshawn. Sherman openly defying the coach during games followed by other players doing it as well. I'm not doubting Baldwin is a "good guy" but I'm just wondering how many more wins this team would have if players played and coaches coached. That was my point.

Pete is certainly a players coach and this kinda stuff comes with that but I think it's detrimental. Just my thoughts

The main problem is the o-line. If the unit ranked just 20th the offense would put up some awesome numbers.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of tough eggs in this crowd.
We are 4-2 and appear to be paying better by the week on both O and D.
No reason at all to bitch about a dominating road win. That's reserved for whiney people.
Keep it up team.
Go Hawks.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't disagree with any of your points.

I have issues with the lack of discipline, but that has plagued the team even when we won the Superbowl.

There is something that Pete Carroll gets out of his players. They may be undisciplined, but that has been a staple of this franchise since he took over. Hell, nobody talked about Seattle's perceived locker room problems until after the Superbowl loss. Percy Harvin got into a fight with Golden Tate a week before the Superbowl. People don't talk about that because we won.

Idk, I think it's a catchy news story having the Seattle locker room being in chaos. I would be surprised if it was any different than it was when we won the Superbowl. It seems like this is normal amongst them. I'm unsure how detrimental it is. I'd love to clean up the stupid penalties though.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is the thing i said i was happy about the improvements but that the Hawks shot themselves in the foot repeatedly, but you all only see the bad things then get all highschool about it lmao. They killed drives with penalties ( Holding/False starts and dropped passed ). Yet everyone thinks it's all shiny. This team has issues and scoring 24 points against the Giant's isn't anything to brag about. The Chargers 3-4 ( yeah that other REALLY bad team ), Bucs 2-4 and Eagles( the one good team )all scored more than our poor hawks. The Hawks should have had 30+ easy but there are issues that are killing this team. But go ahead and turn up your nose to them just to avoid a intelligent discussion about it.

I swear this board is full of 15 year olds that can't handle and criticism about "Their Home team" and on top of it they ONLY see the stuff that bothers them then stick their foot in their mouths on replies with out reading everything first. I guess they no longer give that test in Highschool where it says to read the whole thing before answering the questions then at the end it says hand in the test with out answering or doing any of the questions other than signing your name. Or they still do and we found the ones that failed and still to this day don't know how or why lol

Look. I know that you get a lot of flack over critical opinions. However you accuse me of getting upset when I posted a perfectly calm and harmless post of my own opinion.

I don't get why you think that I am attacking you. I am not disrespectful towards you or your opinions yet you seem to get pissed at me and even gave me a dislike (only my second on these boards in almost 5 years. Note that I avoided retaliation despite it being ridiculous).

I think you really need to re-evaluate things. You might have a beef with some people but I can't get why you are thinking I am against you. Not the case at all. I actually agree with most of your points to some extent but maybe feel you are over reacting or I just don't feel it is worth it to get upset because there is no chance that anything will happen to rectify the situation during the season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look. I know that you get a lot of flack over critical opinions. However you accuse me of getting upset when I posted a perfectly calm and harmless post of my own opinion.

I don't get why you think that I am attacking you. I am not disrespectful towards you or your opinions yet you seem to get pissed at me and even gave me a dislike (only my second on these boards in almost 5 years. Note that I avoided retaliation despite it being ridiculous).

I think you really need to re-evaluate things. You might have a beef with some people but I can't get why you are thinking I am against you. Not the case at all. I actually agree with most of your points to some extent but maybe feel you are over reacting or I just don't feel it is worth it to get upset because there is no chance that anything will happen to rectify the situation during the season.

Don't take my post as being aimed at you. I just quoted yours to talk about your point's then lumped it all together with the others as i posted. Hard some times to keep everyone's posts straight when i just get attacked by people who don't agree with me and say my points are wrong. It's like everyone totally ignores the good stuff i say about the Hawks and assume i am pissed off at how they played. Nope i just wanted to start a discussion to see if anyone else feels the same but good heavens if i don't scream the Seahawks are the greatest team in the NFL i get flamed. You know what i mean. I wanted a civil discussion where people are not afraid to say the bad things or the bad feelings they have.

It's not always a bed of roses and every week it gets worse for those that want to push out power point discussions because all they ever focus on is the bad or even TWIST and MISQUOTE you and changing your words to fit their need. I came here from ESPN and i know you were there also but we got some people here that seem to not want to discuss anything if it means it's bad things about the Hawks. Reminds me of the trolls that took over the ESPN Board and basically got then shut down. ( Not you but people Like Dingus on ESPN)

Just wish people would read my FULL post and take it for what it is, this one was a type of theory crafting on why Baldwin pushed Cable and people pushed it in other directions. It was really to bad. Could have been a great discussion to fill the time till next weekend but turned into a war against me. I do have thick skin and what most people say doesn't bother my i just try to explain my point of view to allow others to maybe understand me better. Sorry my dislike bothered you so much, i will remember that and refrain from giving them to you from now on.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin's just lucky that he's not a woman or else Cable would have beat his ass.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take my post as being aimed at you. I just quoted yours to talk about your point's then lumped it all together with the others as i posted. Hard some times to keep everyone's posts straight when i just get attacked by people who don't agree with me and say my points are wrong. It's like everyone totally ignores the good stuff i say about the Hawks and assume i am pissed off at how they played. Nope i just wanted to start a discussion to see if anyone else feels the same but good heavens if i don't scream the Seahawks are the greatest team in the NFL i get flamed. You know what i mean. I wanted a civil discussion where people are not afraid to say the bad things or the bad feelings they have.

It's not always a bed of roses and every week it gets worse for those that want to push out power point discussions because all they ever focus on is the bad or even TWIST and MISQUOTE you and changing your words to fit their need. I came here from ESPN and i know you were there also but we got some people here that seem to not want to discuss anything if it means it's bad things about the Hawks. Reminds me of the trolls that took over the ESPN Board and basically got then shut down. ( Not you but people Like Dingus on ESPN)

Just wish people would read my FULL post and take it for what it is, this one was a type of theory crafting on why Baldwin pushed Cable and people pushed it in other directions. It was really to bad. Could have been a great discussion to fill the time till next weekend but turned into a war against me. I do have thick skin and what most people say doesn't bother my i just try to explain my point of view to allow others to maybe understand me better. Sorry my dislike bothered you so much, i will remember that and refrain from giving them to you from now on.

Well, it is hard not to assume that it directed at someone when you quote their post in the rant. Top it off with the Dislike (I know, I keep harping on it) and it is hard not to take it personal which would be fine if I had also been disrespectful or personally insulting towards you, but I haven't been.

My tendancy to try to lean towards the optimistic side of things might have appeared dismissive towards your opinion but it was not intentional. In fact, as stated previously, I agree with many of your posts to some extent. I think the OL sucks ass and Cable needs to bear some or much of that responsibility. He is not teflon. But I don't think anything will happen in season so the frustration is understandable but futile.

Again, we are bros with one hope and cause here. Let's try to get along a little.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he gives them lots of room to "be themselves" and some flair ups come with that territory. If it goes too far I agree it can be detrimental, but this team also has lots of veteran proven leaders on it that I think do a good job stopping it from becoming cancerous. After this last episode, all the offense did was outscore the other team 21-0 from that point.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it is hard not to assume that it directed at someone when you quote their post in the rant. Top it off with the Dislike (I know, I keep harping on it) and it is hard not to take it personal which would be fine if I had also been disrespectful or personally insulting towards you, but I haven't been.

My tendancy to try to lean towards the optimistic side of things might have appeared dismissive towards your opinion but it was not intentional. In fact, as stated previously, I agree with many of your posts to some extent. I think the OL sucks ass and Cable needs to bear some or much of that responsibility. He is not teflon. But I don't think anything will happen in season so the frustration is understandable but futile.

Again, we are bros with one hope and cause here. Let's try to get along a little.

I agree and i will admit that i tend to look at the bad more than the good because i see it still so vividly. This team is so close in my eyes but it's like they don't care that they have a top 5 QB, something you rarely see. Seattle has had good QB's before in Hasselbeck and Krieg but they were not on Wilson's level and this team seems to not want to take advantage of it. When Wilson has time we have seen it before he will rip teams apart with his passing. With his ability to move around and find time all this team needs is a middle of the pack Oline but they can't even get that and they have some high draft picks on this line. Sure not #1 picks but they have had late 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders on this Oline and that should be enough to build a competent oline But they continue to fail. Then the lack of discipline is maddening and directly points at Cable. Why are they always near the top in penalties for a Oline in the NFL?

I just find it also maddening when i create a post talking about how i saw or see improvement and liked how things looked but still people think i say it was ALL BAD. All i am trying to do is start discussions to pass time but people just seem to want to attack. It's sad that so many years have passed and the new posters come in that seem to know very little and if you say anything that looks even slightly bad they instantly just attack. Not saying you have attacked me. I just am shocked that so many don't see the bad that is on the Hawks.

Remember how at 10am games the team wouldn't show up till late in the 2nd half? Well hell that is now at EVERY game 10am, 1pm, 5pm it doesn't matter. :(

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Screamin12th, you are right in pointing out the flaws we see week in and week out and I, for one, don't just see the (all bad) in your posts. When I post about the positive things I see, that also doesn't mean I am looking at things through rose colored glasses. There are a shitload of things to clean up for this team to get to another SB but that can be said for every team in football right now. Maybe it hasn't been pretty but our usually crappy start is behind us and looking at the schedule, we have a real chance to make some noise in the second half. Cheers brother.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just want to keep the discussions going to hear input and allow people to craft idea's how to improve. It's just for entertainment value. If everything was rosey we wouldn't have a lot to talk about lol. To much sugar makes me ill so i need a little sour. I love my Hawks, Largent and Zorn were my first childhood heroes and i even owned poseable action figures of both. Man i bet those things would be worth a lot of money had i still had them in their original box.

oh wow i found one but it's not Zorn or Largent lol. Who remembers these?

s-l225.jpg

$125

Last edited:

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that last-minute choke to Washington today, I'd love to see Sherman kick Cable in the balls, just for his own good.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind getting in a pushing match with Ifedi. From what I see of him on the field I'm pretty sure he wouldn't push back.