• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baker Mayfield

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry there is no way we are taking a QB in the 1st!

I know never say never, but with that said, there is no phucking way we are taking a QB in the 1st!

So, moving on.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry there is no way we are taking a QB in the 1st!

I know never say never, but with that said, there is no phucking way we are taking a QB in the 1st!

So, moving on.
Agree, and I want Dak to have year 3 to show what he is before we begin to think about moving on.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing a WR open is just a fancy way of saying throwing to a guy that isn't open who fights the defender for the ball and wins the battle makes the catch. Our WRs don't do that. If you watched NO yesterday you saw a few of those plays. They happen a lot of times when the receiver is running at full speed or up the field where the defender can't look back for the ball. The receiver looking back, locates the ball and adjusts to make the catch before the defenders knows what is going on. Not so much anything special the QB does. Or a back shoulder throw, which again only works when the defender is doing all he can to catch up instead of running stride for stride with the WR and able to turn and locate himself
Drew Brees is a guy who gets credit for "throwing guys open", but Aikman went on and on about hoe much the Saints work on those adjustment throws in practice. The big thing you see when you watch the Saints play is their receivers never stop working to get open and they come back to the ball. I can get passed the drops for Dez, but the thing that absolutely chaps my ass is when you see Dez one out of his initial break and then just stand there like a stump watching the play when the initial read doesn't go his way. It happen several times a game

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW and Brees
Both those guys have huge hands, which is a big thing with scouts when it comes to short QB's. He probably has a first round arm, but I bet his measurements land him in the second or third

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both those guys have huge hands, which is a big thing with scouts when it comes to short QB's. He probably has a first round arm, but I bet his measurements land him in the second or third
Not much chance of him getting out of the first round unless he does something stupid before the draft.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much chance of him getting out of the first round unless he does something stupid before the draft.
Maybe. SF is out of the market because of Jimmy G. Someone(Arizona?) will get Cousins, someone else will get Keenum(unless he wins a SB). Browns, Giants and Skins will probably take the top three guys.....The team at the bottom of the draft that would make a lot of sense to me would be the Jags. Bortles is terrible, and that's all that team needs.

On a side not, Jacksonville seemed to really want Romo, but he was more interested in the Broncos. I wonder if he regrets not going there after calling their game yesterday. If he were healthy, he would have had a very good RB, good receivers and just a great defense

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no opinion on where he will go at this point. My only point was I'm not passing on a guy I love because he is a couple of inches shorter than some standard tells me he must be. I like my QBs tall, but RW isn't. I like them mobile, but Peyton wasn't, I like them smart and careful with the ball, but Favre sure didn't seem to be. The point is there are a million measurements and not being up to standard on one or two is meaningless. It's the overall "grade" that matters

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no opinion on where he will go at this point. My only point was I'm not passing on a guy I love because he is a couple of inches shorter than some standard tells me he must be. I like my QBs tall, but RW isn't. I like them mobile, but Peyton wasn't, I like them smart and careful with the ball, but Favre sure didn't seem to be. The point is there are a million measurements and not being up to standard on one or two is meaningless. It's the overall "grade" that matters
Good points. I know people often point out how few starting QB's are 6' or less. I wonder what the ratio is if you consider how many got drafted compared to taller QB's.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. SF is out of the market because of Jimmy G. Someone(Arizona?) will get Cousins, someone else will get Keenum(unless he wins a SB). Browns, Giants and Skins will probably take the top three guys.....The team at the bottom of the draft that would make a lot of sense to me would be the Jags. Bortles is terrible, and that's all that team needs.

On a side not, Jacksonville seemed to really want Romo, but he was more interested in the Broncos. I wonder if he regrets not going there after calling their game yesterday. If he were healthy, he would have had a very good RB, good receivers and just a great defense

Their WRs will be even better next year. Hurns and Robinson

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker reminds me of romo or brees. Mayield is not the running threat wilson is. Mayfield is not fast,but is good at moving around the pocket. Cowboys need to seriously consider Mayfield after the season Prescott had.

:nono: Bad enough Demarco Murray was in Dallas I wouldn't want Mayfield soiled in that uniform :suds:

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have holes to fill but not QB and we DO NOT NEED BAKER!!! He was great at OU and I'm a big fan but he will not have success at the next level. He was great because he could get away. He will not be able to do that in the NFL.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think he is going to be a good pro.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,871.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the guy is is projected to be a 3rd round pick. I get it that he isn't the prototypical Qb size wise, but damn he makes plays. OU Qbs, with exception of Bradford, really haven't ever done well in the Pros. I just think this guy is special. I mean I'm looking at some of the starters today in the NFL- there are some bad Qbs out there. Just wondering some of your thoughts on the player?

Possibly a poor man's version of Brees.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,871.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Dak regress I am having serious doubts that Dak can be a franchise Qb. Even before the left side of the OL imploded I noticed Dak was not accurate. I watched some Baker Mayfield and I come away impressed with the accuracy and he reminds me of a romo and brees.if I am Mcclay I am at least considering Mayfield at 19. This season Dak left a lot of meat on the bone. Dak obviously is not able to throw a receiver open, and Baker does it with regularity. I also like the fire baker plays with.

Good rookie year, slightly regressed this season. While I can see your comments making some sense, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt before saying this. He lost Elliott for 6 games, the OL seemed to struggle a bit, and Dez is pretty much done. They need another elite WR. And Witten while still okay is winding down a great career.