• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baker Mayfield May Not Get Past the Jets

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Manziel 2.0

This uneducated view always makes me laugh. He's WHITE and has done stupid shit during games and got in trouble once. He ran when plays broke down and made it work. But as far as character issues not that much in common.
I have no clue how good he will be. I never thought he would get drafted as high as they are projecting. If I had to say pass or fail I'd say fail. But not for the same reasons the other WHITE running QB failed. Baker made broken plays work in college because he could out athlete other players. He won't be able to do that in the NFL.
Johnny Football was a me guy. Baker is a team first guy.
Best part is we will get to see it play out.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This uneducated view always makes me laugh. He's WHITE and has done stupid shit during games and got in trouble once. He ran when plays broke down and made it work. But as far as character issues not that much in common.
I have no clue how good he will be. I never thought he would get drafted as high as they are projecting. If I had to say pass or fail I'd say fail. But not for the same reasons the other WHITE running QB failed. Baker made broken plays work in college because he could out athlete other players. He won't be able to do that in the NFL.

All good points but you can't coach accuracy and heart and he's got plenty of both

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem is......the giants.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem is......the giants.
After letting JPP go I can't see why they would pass on Chubb seeing as they drafted Davis Webb last year and it's a QB deep class.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
@DJ how in the world is he anything like johnny manziel

He's not. That's a severely lazy analysis by someone who probably didn't see Mayfield play. He's looked like a franchise QB since 2016.

The guy got arrested for public intoxication & disturbing the peace. Manziel was a drug addict who had the maturity level of a 14-year old.

Reactions: GNG

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not. That's a severely lazy analysis by someone who probably didn't see Mayfield play. He's looked like a franchise QB since 2016.

The guy got arrested for public intoxication & disturbing the peace. Manziel was a drug addict who had the maturity level of a 14-year old.
exactly, and i notice he doesnt reply

Reactions: GNG

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ how in the world is he anything like

This is Johnny Fooseball to a T. Did you forget who you were defending?

And everyone knows he's white, you don't need to go all caps twice.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda figured this when I heard they traded up. I remember hearing a rumor beforehand that they really really liked mayfield.

Total jets move. This will be a fun ride. Maybe we get another butt fumble out of it.

Last edited:

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Johnny Fooseball to a T. Did you forget who you were defending?

And everyone knows he's white, you don't need to go all caps twice.

The white thing is because he's never compared to a black QB.
As far as J Football he wasn't as good in the NFL partially for that reason. But as much because he was an idiot.
The two as people are very different.