• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baker Mayfield interview on Dan Patrick program

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, and I'll say it once again...

Give me 90 kids like Baker Mayfield that have always dreamed of putting on the Crimson and Cream, and cool shit will happen regardless of how many stars are by their name on Rivals or Scout.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, and I'll say it once again...

Give me 90 kids like Baker Mayfield that have always dreamed of putting on the Crimson and Cream, and cool shit will happen regardless of how many stars are by their name on Rivals or Scout.

I've known players who admitted they got so jacked up before every game (especially home games) they would throw up. I've also heard stories about one of our all-time greatest running backs who would sometimes cry before a game waiting for Switzer to let them hit the exit. One time, after a HORRIBLE first half, Switzer didn't address the team at halftime. Everybody kept waiting on Coach and he never showed. The refs came into the locker room and told OU to get on the field or they would be hit with a penalty. Finally Barry showed up, smoking a cigarette. He looked around the locker room which was silent as a tomb. He stared at everyone, tossed his cigarette on the floor, ground it out with his shoe, and said "OK, girls, let's go". They damn near tore that place up getting back out on the field. OU scored 38 points the second half and won going away. Sooner Pride.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a far better worded title than the one I got on my phone yesterday. I went back and forth in my head before finally clicking that link. "Baker does DP show."

Kid really is a gamer. Love his mindset and demeanor when things aren't going too well. Last year's team would have found a way to lose this game.

Hopefully these putrid starts go away soon because they will certainly bite us on the ass sometime down the road.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've known players who admitted they got so jacked up before every game (especially home games) they would throw up. I've also heard stories about one of our all-time greatest running backs who would sometimes cry before a game waiting for Switzer to let them hit the exit. One time, after a HORRIBLE first half, Switzer didn't address the team at halftime. Everybody kept waiting on Coach and he never showed. The refs came into the locker room and told OU to get on the field or they would be hit with a penalty. Finally Barry showed up, smoking a cigarette. He looked around the locker room which was silent as a tomb. He stared at everyone, tossed his cigarette on the floor, ground it out with his shoe, and said "OK, girls, let's go". They damn near tore that place up getting back out on the field. OU scored 38 points the second half and won going away. Sooner Pride.

Legend

There won't ever be another like him.