• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Back Up QB

Which Back QB Would You Prefer?

• Kaep

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Hoyer

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • The Ghost of Misses Muir

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Name Him)

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts on this situation?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flutie!!!!

Kidding.
I will be fine with Hoyer or Kap.
The no drama glad to be employed and learned his lesson Kap.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flutie!!!!

Kidding.
I will be fine with Hoyer or Kap.
The no drama glad to be employed and learned his lesson Kap.
I'm not sure if that Kap exists and I'm fine with that. Let him take his knee and know he has a point and leave it at that. Don't punish the guy because he idioticaly stated his case... Guys (and gals) are fighting for our freedoms and should appreciate Kap for showing them. Other places will stone you for not covering your face peroperly.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting we are at a deadlock. I feel the more talented QB is Kaep but Hoyer knowing the system has it's advantages.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with Kaep if he comes in and Josh puts him through a workout and feels he can scale enough of the offense to fit Kaep's skillset to make it viable for him to enter a game in Tom's place. But my gut is that isn't really plausible and that Hoyer just makes more sense as a system fit, and that it wouldn't be worth the distractions that come with Kaep to try and shoehorn him into a role at this point in the season.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with Kaep if he comes in and Josh puts him through a workout and feels he can scale enough of the offense to fit Kaep's skillset to make it viable for him to enter a game in Tom's place. But my gut is that isn't really plausible and that Hoyer just makes more sense as a system fit, and that it wouldn't be worth the distractions that come with Kaep to try and shoehorn him into a role at this point in the season.
Buy Hoyer has pretty much been sub par and I feel if TB were to go down the chance to have continued success is greater with Kaep than Hoyer. He throws a decent short to mid range pass and is very mobile.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't disagree with any of that, just wonder how well what he does well fits with what the Pats like to do offensively, and how flexible they'll be willing to be at this point in the season to make those accommodations.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FieldYates 1h1 hour ago

Source: free agent QB Brian Hoyer is visiting the Patriots this morning. The expectation is that he will be signing with the team.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't disagree with any of that, just wonder how well what he does well fits with what the Pats like to do offensively, and how flexible they'll be willing to be at this point in the season to make those accommodations.

@FieldYates 1h1 hour ago

Source: free agent QB Brian Hoyer is visiting the Patriots this morning. The expectation is that he will be signing with the team.

I pretty much figured it would be Hoyer I am just thoroughly unimpressed with him at this point, but there is a very limited learning curve with him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy Hoyer has pretty much been sub par and I feel if TB were to go down the chance to have continued success is greater with Kaep than Hoyer. He throws a decent short to mid range pass and is very mobile.

That is true but I'm thinking "knowing the system" would be more helpful

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true but I'm thinking "knowing the system" would be more helpful
Well it seems BB and Caserio feel the same, and my vote does not count.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep probably wouldn't've been willing to take a 3 year hitch as Brady's clipboard caddy, either...I imagine he'll want a chance to compete for a starting job somewhere next year if he comes back. And having a vet backup locked in means they don't have to force anything to find the next Jimmy. If this class of QB's is as deep as people are saying, they should be able to get one with their own pick, or by dealing the SF pick up to the end of the 1st (would be preferable to have that 5th year option in play, IMO), and if not they can punt to 2019r knowing they still have someone on hand who could play right away if needed next year.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep probably wouldn't've been willing to take a 3 year hitch as Brady's clipboard caddy, either...I imagine he'll want a chance to compete for a starting job somewhere next year if he comes back. And having a vet backup locked in means they don't have to force anything to find the next Jimmy. If this class of QB's is as deep as people are saying, they should be able to get one with their own pick, or by dealing the SF pick up to the end of the 1st (would be preferable to have that 5th year option in play, IMO), and if not they can punt to 2019r knowing they still have someone on hand who could play right away if needed next year.
Well I have not been terribly impressed with the QB class less one kid that I like Mason Rudolph OSU. Darnold showed me nothing again ND, and the one other game I saw him in, Not interested in the dwarf at Okalahoma Mayfield IMO has Manziel written all over him, Jackson still has some accuracy and mechanical issues that concern me greatly, and not to familiar with Rosen. This was taughted as a great class I am not so sure.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'l take Hoyer and pray the 49er's don't win a game this year.
What am I worried about, 0-8 is pretty good for the Pat's.

Still wanted to keep Jimmy though I admit it couldn't happen on the $$ end.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer is a good back up QB for NE. We fans have been spoiled again having Jimmy G and Jacoby B on thd roster.

As for BB moving up to find the next QB I doubt it. Would his ego allow it? He wants to pass off another 6th rounder to his predecessor so he can show what his system did.

Brady and BB gone within 3 years. Hope we see another Lombardi before then. Philly, Seattle and Buffalo all improved right before the deadline.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with "other"

His name is Jimmy Garaopolo and he is the back up QB in SF..

ever heard of him.....