• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Back to draft talk

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you know you're getting tested, either you have a dependency problem or you're just really stupid and cost yourself millions

that is always what has bothered me more. I don't give a crap if a guy smokes a little pot. But if a guy is unable to or doesn't care enough to stop before a test that could impact him for the rest of his life...that is more of an issue.:2cents:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing that baffles me is they can see what happens, it has happened dozens of times before them. How arrogant/ignorant are you to think you'll be the one that slips through the crack, that somehow you won't get busted? If you do it, you will get caught!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidney Jones - DB - Player
In a medical report submitted to all 32 teams, Dr. Robert Anderson gave Washington CB Sidney Jones (Achilles') a 4-6 month recovery timetable.

Anderson wrote Jones "has completely healed his surgical site" and "is doing extremely well." Jones has expressed optimism he will be back on the field by September, and this report did nothing to dampen that belief. A first-round talent, Jones could end up being a steal on the second day of the draft.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a medical report submitted to all 32 teams, Dr. Robert Anderson gave Washington CB Sidney Jones (Achilles') a 4-6 month recovery timetable.

Anderson wrote Jones "has completely healed his surgical site" and "is doing extremely well." Jones has expressed optimism he will be back on the field by September, and this report did nothing to dampen that belief. A first-round talent, Jones could end up being a steal on the second day of the draft.

Still an absolute NO! in the first two rounds, as far as I am concerned. In the 3rd round I would consider it, but it also depends who is left on the board. Even if Jones comes back healthy on a fast time table there is no guarantee that he is anything like the same player he was. There's some research out there that illustrates how problematic coming back from achilles tear is for athletes. Some of these guys, no matter how hard they work, are just never going to be the same. I don't want Dallas to be the team that finds out first hand with Jones.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...rst-round-pick-accused-r*pe-article-1.3099457

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting anxious for this draft. Still 40-something hours away. My gut feeling is we draft Marlon Humphrey.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Adams - DB - Player
In the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's poll of 16 NFL scouts, 11 voted LSU's Jamal Adams this year's top draft-eligible safety.

Ohio State's Malik Hooker garnered four first-place votes, and Michigan's Jabril Peppers received the final one. In the Journal-Sentinel's "points" system based on the scouts' rankings, Adams, Hooker, and Peppers rounded out the top three followed by UConn's Obi Melifonwu (4), Washington's Budda Baker (5), Utah's Marcus Williams (6), Florida's Marcus Maye (7), and N.C. State's Josh Jones (8). "The West Virginia kid (Raiders 2016 first-round pick Karl Joseph) wouldn’t be in the top 10 of this group," one AFC executive said. "I’ve looked at it over and over. It’s as deep a safety draft as I’ve ever seen."

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshon Lattimore - DB - Player
In a poll of 17 NFL scouts, 14 voted Ohio State's Marshon Lattimore this year's top cornerback prospect.

Alabama's Marlon Humphrey, USC's Adoree' Jackson, and Washington's Kevin King got the final three first-place votes. In the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's "points" system, Lattimore came in first among draft-eligible corners followed by 2) Humphrey, 3) Ohio State's Gareon Conley, 4) Washington's Sidney Jones, 5) Jackson, 6) LSU's Tre'Davious White, 7) King, and 8) Florida's Quincy Wilson. "This is probably the best group of corners I’ve done in years and years," said one longtime NFC executive. "I see seven in the first (round), for sure."

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haason Reddick - LB - Player
According to NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah, Temple LB Haason Reddick is one of the "hottest names right now" in league circles.

Reddick (6'1/237) had a strong Combine, running 4.52 with a 36.5-inch vertical and 11-foot-1 broad jump. He'd likely fit in any defensive alignment, playing inside in a 3-4 or outside in a 4-3. Reddick is plus in coverage and even brings some pass-rush juice with his game. Reddick is the No. 18 player on Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris' latest big board, but Norris believes he could go as high as No. 6 to the Jets. Reddick could be selected ahead of red-flagged Alabama LB Reuben Foster. For what it's worth, Jets coach Todd Bowles also went to Temple.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the DL rankings or would have posted those too. Lots of good defensive players this year. Really looks like BPA and needs could align very, very nicely for us:hope:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fantastic for this team that clear heads prevailed and the QB trades fell through last year and we ended up with a way better QB than both of those other guys and did so late in the draft. Hopefully it will keep the Jones boys from a panic move up in the future as it reminds us that you just don't know who ends up the superstar and that more picks on day 1 and day 2 is usually better. If you package a 2nd or 3rd round pick to move up for a guy, you need to be fairly certain he is going to be worth it.

Cowboys think they’re OK “staying put” at 28
Posted by Darin Gantt on April 26, 2017, 7:49 AM EDT
631769732.jpg
Getty Images
The dearth of quarterbacks may make other teams desperate to trade up. But for one guy who loves a good deal, the depth at cornerback makes him more likely to sit tight.

According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he was willing to to sit tight at No. 28 overall and see what comes to them.

This is a real good year for staying put,” Jones said. “I don’t know if it’s because we need so many good football players or because there are some good football players there, especially in those early rounds. But in my experience, it’s wasting your time to talk about what you might do trading in the later rounds.

“As far as value, what opportunities we might have there, you don’t ever want to predetermine what you’re going to do. But certainly if you stay there we will have an opportunity to really help our team, in my view.”

The Cowboys have been willing, if not downright eager, to make deals in either direction in the past. From trading up for Morris Claiborne and Demarcus Lawrence to moving back for players such as Travis Frederick and Terrance Williams, to failed bids for quarterbacks Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook last year (before they settled for Dak Prescott), he’s always up for some action.

But this draft is perceived as being deep at one of the positions the Cowboys need most. After losing cornerbacks Brandon Carr and Claiborne in free agency (along with safety Barry Church and others), they need to infuse some young talent into the secondary. They also need pass rushers, but it appears they think they’ll be able to find what they need later.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy draft need article. There is a lot you may agree or disagree with. I agree our 3 biggest needs are DL, CB and S (I think we all do) but I wouldn't list them all as "5: Essential". Yeah we need help across the DL and secondary but calling it essential is a little much because it makes it sound like our season is doomed if we don't find a starter at all 3 spots. Guess it could just be semantics too

Cowboys NFL draft need meter: Is an all-out defensive draft the best solution? | SportsDay

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting anxious for this draft. Still 40-something hours away. My gut feeling is we draft Marlon Humphrey.
I agree husker....lots of things are starting to look as if Humphrey will be the guy. I'd take him over the USC corner/returner. He looks as if he could start right outta the gate.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the pick is DB and should be unless the Tennessee DE falls to us at 28....most unlikely.

Nate Newton was talking on the radio yesterday about the Dline having several players the team likes and how only about 8 dress on game day. Collins, Tapper, Irving, Crawford, Thornton, Lawrence, Mayowa, and recently signed Paea seems a full house for not taking a DE at 28 unless he's viewed as a day one starter, which seems much more likely with a corner or safety at 28

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If there in round 3 then take him. I want 3 of 1st 4 picks to be secondary.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the bottom of that story was our list of pre-draft visits. Can you say DE-FENSE:

Pre-draft visitors
The Cowboys' list of pre-draft visits has become a solid indicator of whom the team is interested in heading into the draft. This year's visitors:

CORNERBACKS
Chidobe Awuzie Colorado
Gareon Conley Ohio State
Treston Decoud Oregon State
Shaquill Griffin UCF
Marlon Humphrey Alabama
Adoree' Jackson USC
Kevin King Washington
Fabian Moreau UCLA
Teez Tabor Florida
Cordrea Tankersley Clemson
Tre'Davious White LSU
Quincy Wilson Florida

SAFETIES
Justin Evans Texas A&M
Obi Melifonwu UConn
Tedric Thompson Colorado
Xavier Woods Louisiana Tech

DEFENSIVE ENDS
Derek Barnett Tennessee
Tarell Basham Ohio
Tyus Bowser Houston
Taco Charlton Michigan
Charles Harris Missouri
Tanoh Kpassagnon Villanova
Takkarist McKinley UCLA
Derek Rivers Youngstown State
T.J. Watt Wisconsin

DEFENSIVE TACKLES
Malik McDowell Michigan State

WIDE RECEIVER/RUNNING BACK
Curtis Samuel Ohio State

WIDE RECEIVER
JuJu Smith-Schuster USC

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the DL rankings or would have posted those too. Lots of good defensive players this year. Really looks like BPA and needs could align very, very nicely for us:hope:
Thanks for info. Can't wait till approximately 10:30 pm tomorrow.