• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

back to a 3-4?

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Next season of course, I think going back to a 3-4 defense is the only solution. We didn't bring any personnel to help that transition. Ware, Carter, and Carr have struggled the most. The only player who has thrived in the 3-4 is Hatcher, and he won't be back more than likely. I for one think ware still has double digit sack potential for the next two seasons. Maybe he, and others, are still not comfortable in the 4-3 yet or they just aren't suited for the 4-3. Even when the cowboys suffered injuries last season they were still competitive defensively

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell no!!!

we better stay in the 4-3. We just better get a new DC.

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
but what if the core of our players are better suited for a 3-4 (Carr, Carter, and Ware)

these are 3 very important players on our defense (i didnt say they were good) who have played very well in a 3-4 just last year. sometimes you have to adapt to your players strengths. obviously these 3 guys are going to be here next year...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but what if the core of our players are better suited for a 3-4 (Carr, Carter, and Ware)

these are 3 very important players on our defense (i didnt say they were good) who have played very well in a 3-4 just last year. sometimes you have to adapt to your players strengths. obviously these 3 guys are going to be here next year...
Ware wont be extended. Carr may not either. Carter still has to prove he is a starter before catering to him.
Be quicker to draft & sign for players that play a good coached(key being good coach) 4-3 than go back to the crap we were in a 3-4. BTW we just got rid of a bunch of players that were 3-4 only. No way we turn around & go backwards.
the only good thing that came from this year is we finally got rid of the damn 3-4.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carr????
Cater? LOL
Ware....whats the dif????

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Carr????
Cater? LOL
Ware....whats the dif????

All I'm saying is that those three were WAY more productive last season in the 3-4. There's no debating that. if we do stay in the 4-3 hopefully these guys will be more comfortable in it next season

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is that those three were WAY more productive last season in the 3-4. There's no debating that. if we do stay in the 4-3 hopefully these guys will be more comfortable in it next season

Not with the lack of talent on this defense. Keep drinking the jerry jones kool aid.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we let the new Head Coach decide what defense we run, not the owner/GM

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think we have the right guys in the secondary to run this scheme and even wonder if the scheme is outdated for todays nfl. I know this crazy but it is not out of the realm of possibility that this team wins the last 2 games. If they would just hand the ball to murray they can win the last 2 games. The OL is blocking way better

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand. I just question the better suited statement.
One is a corner, the other a rush guy from the edge and the other about 15 games of average if not slightly below average LB play. I just don't see the merit of the statement

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think we have the right guys in the secondary to run this scheme and even wonder if the scheme is outdated for todays nfl. I know this crazy but it is not out of the realm of possibility that this team wins the last 2 games. If they would just hand the ball to murray they can win the last 2 games. The OL is blocking way better

I really don't see how the product on the field can win two games.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the worst defense in team history and by far in the NFL. We have 2 games this year where we have failed to force ONE punt.

It's not just the personnel.....it's CLEARLY the scheme. The Tampa 2 has been figured out years ago. I don't see how anyone can think we don't need a new scheme and a COMPLETELY new coaching staff, from the HC down. EVERYONE MUST GO. Garrett was a joke when he was the sole OC. He hasn't been much of a HC either.

Nothing improves until the front office does.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well sure...two weeks ago, some saw this team in the NFC championship game.

certainly within the slight rim of possibility I suppose

Some? ...you mean me of course. After the Giants and Oakland, I saw a team that seem to have more resolve than before, closing out games. After the bears and GB, I'm all out of answers and my faith is on fumes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some? ...you mean me of course. After the Giants and Oakland, I saw a team that seem to have more resolve than before, closing out games. After the bears and GB, I'm all out of answers and my faith is on fumes.

Which is why I preach things are never as bad or good as they appear with this team. Some had us written off after week 5 while in first place. Others had us as the #2 seed 10 days ago...some had both