• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B10 spring games dropping like flies

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus christ. Except "wind chill" is just a factor in what it feels like outside. I didn't reference the wind chill that day, I referenced the "feels like" temp because it was partially sunny. Are you really that stupid? Some sites reference just wind child and heat index, but most include other factors such as "wind, humidity, sunshine intensity, cloudiness, precipitation and elevation".

Like the second post on this topic I quoted the accuweather website. There is no argument here, you are wrong. Wind chill is included in but not equal to what it feels like outside. On the day being discussed, it felt warmer that the air temp because the spring sun was out. End of story.

What you're essentially trying to argue is that every rectangle is a square. "feels like" temp is not a specific set of circumstances and often determined by whatever source you're looking up. Most weather sites use more than heat index or wind chill to determine their "Feels like" temp.

Wind Chill and Heat Index are both "Feels like" formula. You quoted a single website that takes into account a few other MINOR factors, that would have an effect of 1 or 2 degrees MAX. The bulk of the formula is still wind chill and heat index - depending on the current temperature.

Feels like temperature is still based on a formula and there is no way in hell the feels like temperature was higher than the actual temperature giving the known conditions for that day.

Wind Chill is used for lower temperatures because there is no such thing as a heat index at those low temperatures. The humidity at that temperature causes the air to feel colder, not hotter. There were NO factors that day that would indicate a higher feels like temperature. NONE.

All you are doing is trying to hide behind a formula while pretending we can't know the actual results of it. Well we can. It just so happens I'm a programmer and I've made a website that calculate these things. Sucks for you.

But please, tell us all how you get a feels like 40 degrees outside with a 9 degree wind chill. That's some funny shit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, at minimum, depending on what site you're referencing, the "feels like" temp is a mix of both the wind chill AND the heat index to come up with the "feels like" number. In no universe is the wind chill alone = the feels like number. It's literally just the wind chill. (IE one factor of at minimum two factors in the feels like number).

My final point on this -- if the air temp is 40 degrees and windy, there's still going to be a massive difference in how it feels outside if it's cloudy vs. sunny (in the Spring).

Heat index isn't calculated below 57 degrees dipshit.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus christ. Except "wind chill" is just a factor in what it feels like outside. I didn't reference the wind chill that day, I referenced the "feels like" temp because it was partially sunny. Are you really that stupid? Some sites reference just wind child and heat index, but most include other factors such as "wind, humidity, sunshine intensity, cloudiness, precipitation and elevation".

Like the second post on this topic I quoted the accuweather website. There is no argument here, you are wrong. Wind chill is included in but not equal to what it feels like outside. On the day being discussed, it felt warmer that the air temp because the spring sun was out. End of story.

What you're essentially trying to argue is that every rectangle is a square. "feels like" temp is not a specific set of circumstances and often determined by whatever source you're looking up. Most weather sites use more than heat index or wind chill to determine their "Feels like" temp.

Furthermore, at minimum, depending on what site you're referencing, the "feels like" temp is a mix of both the wind chill AND the heat index to come up with the "feels like" number. In no universe is the wind chill alone = the feels like number. It's literally just the wind chill. (IE one factor of at minimum two factors in the feels like number).

My final point on this -- if the air temp is 40 degrees and windy, there's still going to be a massive difference in how it feels outside if it's cloudy vs. sunny (in the Spring).

Wind Chill and Heat Index are both "Feels like" formula. You quoted a single website that takes into account a few other MINOR factors, that would have an effect of 1 or 2 degrees MAX. The bulk of the formula is still wind chill and heat index - depending on the current temperature.

Feels like temperature is still based on a formula and there is no way in hell the feels like temperature was higher than the actual temperature giving the known conditions for that day.

Wind Chill is used for lower temperatures because there is no such thing as a heat index at those low temperatures. The humidity at that temperature causes the air to feel colder, not hotter. There were NO factors that day that would indicate a higher feels like temperature. NONE.

All you are doing is trying to hide behind a formula while pretending we can't know the actual results of it. Well we can. It just so happens I'm a programmer and I've made a website that calculate these things. Sucks for you.

But please, tell us all how you get a feels like 40 degrees outside with a 9 degree wind chill. That's some funny shit.

Heat index isn't calculated below 57 degrees dipshit.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're just wrong. And have been. Stop arguing a point you've been wrong about. You are very literally arguing that on a sunny spring day, the sun has no impact on how warm it feels outside. You're an idiot.

Here's a simple illustration to show you why you're an idiot:

The effects of the sun are not measured in either the heat index or the wind chill. But the effect of the sun is often used in the "feel like" measure. Again, strait from the accuweather website: "The RealFeel Temperature is an index that describes what the temperature really feels like. It is a unique composite of the effects of temperature, wind, humidity, sunshine intensity, cloudiness, precipitation and elevation on the human body--everything that affects how warm or cold a person feels."

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would lvoe to shut up about this. Unfortunately my brain can't handle someone who thinks that the sun doesn't impact what it feels like outside.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, humidity is what the "feels like" temp is based on, not the sun.
Where I live it is not only humidity, but wind, etc. Our feels like...aka chill factor or heat index...is usually much lower than the actual temperature in the winter and higher than the actual temperature in the summer
Btw: Despite living in the south, I remember having spring practice in the fucking rain/ice. It started as rain and by the time practice was over it was ice. Huge temperature drop at once and they still made us practice in that shit.

Another reason why Wayne Trimble can suck my dick.
West Texas is worse as far as changing in a hurry goes. I remember track meets in March that began the day in beautiful sunshine and temp in the upper 40s. About the time the prelims start at 11:00 AM a blue norther blows in and it drops the temp into the 30s and starts one of our sideway "mud rains". Then it snows about 1:00 pm. By the time the finals start that afternoon, the wind has blown itself out, the sun has come back out and the temp is back in the upper 40s again.

Current example: It is expected to reach 97 today. Saturday morning we have a freeze warning. 65 degree temperature swing. Go figure.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just wrong. And have been. Stop arguing a point you've been wrong about. You are very literally arguing that on a sunny spring day, the sun has no impact on how warm it feels outside. You're an idiot.

Here's a simple illustration to show you why you're an idiot:

The effects of the sun are not measured in either the heat index or the wind chill. But the effect of the sun is often used in the "feel like" measure. Again, strait from the accuweather website: "The RealFeel Temperature is an index that describes what the temperature really feels like. It is a unique composite of the effects of temperature, wind, humidity, sunshine intensity, cloudiness, precipitation and elevation on the human body--everything that affects how warm or cold a person feels."

IT wasn't even sunny that day.

But please explain to me how the temperature was going to be warmer than 32 degrees with a 9 degree wind chill?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would lvoe to shut up about this. Unfortunately my brain can't handle someone who thinks that the sun doesn't impact what it feels like outside.

I never said any such a thing or anything close to such things. Considered the sun is the main factor in the actual temperature.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your own fucking picture of the game. The sky is full of clouds, there is no sunshine.

It was a high of 32 degrees and 16 mph winds leaving a wind chill of 9 degrees.

DaNaPT5W0AAzxvr.jpg

"But the sun"

Shut the fuck up you retarded piece of shit. You are a LIAR.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT wasn't even sunny that day.

But please explain to me how the temperature was going to be warmer than 32 degrees with a 9 degree wind chill?
The sunlight does have an impact on the air temps. No one's arguing that. But air temps aren't always impacted significantly by the sun. Hence days where it's 40 out and sunny and in the sun you can wear a t-shirt, but in the shade you're freezing.

You're using a single image of a spring game to suggest the sun wasn't out. It was a partially sunny day -- meaning the sun popped in and out of the clouds.

In any event, drastically different than 46 degrees and 100% chance of thunderstorms for this coming Saturday. Which, despite higher air temps, is almost certainly going to feel much colder due to a number of factors.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sunlight does have an impact on the air temps. No one's arguing that. But air temps aren't always impacted significantly by the sun. Hence days where it's 40 out and sunny and in the sun you can wear a t-shirt, but in the shade you're freezing.

You're using a single image of a spring game to suggest the sun wasn't out. It was a partially sunny day -- meaning the sun popped in and out of the clouds.

In any event, drastically different than 46 degrees and 100% chance of thunderstorms for this coming Saturday. Which, despite higher air temps, is almost certainly going to feel much colder due to a number of factors.

It was the image you posted. The weather history for that day says it was cloudy, the picture you posted shows it was cloudy and there was no sun shinning or any of that bullshit.

You are the one who made the claim it felt like 40 degrees outside and that you didn't even wear a jacket that day. You made it up, you are a liar and you are full of shit. And of course, now you are just grasping at bullshit that doesn't even factor into the discussion rather than just admit it.

I know how the shit works, I've actually worked on weather stuff for a website about 10 years ago. Which is how I knew you were full of shit from the start.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the image you posted. The weather history for that day says it was cloudy, the picture you posted shows it was cloudy and there was no sun shinning or any of that bullshit.

You are the one who made the claim it felt like 40 degrees outside and that you didn't even wear a jacket that day. You made it up, you are a liar and you are full of shit. And of course, now you are just grasping at bullshit that doesn't even factor into the discussion rather than just admit it.

I know how the shit works, I've actually worked on weather stuff for a website about 10 years ago. Which is how I knew you were full of shit from the start.
God damn. That 1 picture was meant to show the crowd. Not the god damn weather that day. There are other pictures that very clearly illustrate it was a partially sunny day:

Dag9oLHVAAA0pLY.jpg

Now stop making shit up.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State may move their game to early in the morning to beat any weather concerns this Saturday.

The LAX game with scUM was moved from Saturday at 11 AM to tonight. Right now we have a high wind warning and it's been blowing a steady 23MPH with gusts up to 40 or so.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that Boeing has a big "W" on one of their hangers?
That's the Dempsey Center .. it was built back in the early 80's ... '81 I believe but don't quote me on that. It sits right on the lake next to the stadium and practice field.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State may move their game to early in the morning to beat any weather concerns this Saturday.

The LAX game with scUM was moved from Saturday at 11 AM to tonight. Right now we have a high wind warning and it's been blowing a steady 23MPH with gusts up to 40 or so.

Will BTN still televise it & when does it start tonight?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will BTN still televise it & when does it start tonight?
sorry, bit of a mistake on my part:

Due to predicted weather that shows thunderstorms in the Columbus area on Saturday morning, the Ohio State/Michigan men’s lacrosse game, originally scheduled for April 14 at 11 a.m., has been moved to Friday, April 13 and will begin at 7 p.m. The game will still air live on BTN.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, bit of a mistake on my part:

Due to predicted weather that shows thunderstorms in the Columbus area on Saturday morning, the Ohio State/Michigan men’s lacrosse game, originally scheduled for April 14 at 11 a.m., has been moved to Friday, April 13 and will begin at 7 p.m. The game will still air live on BTN.

My bad I didn't read the whole comment, I stopped after the 1st sentence & thought you were talking football.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn. That 1 picture was meant to show the crowd. Not the god damn weather that day. There are other pictures that very clearly illustrate it was a partially sunny day:

Dag9oLHVAAA0pLY.jpg

Now stop making shit up.

"I wasn't wearing a jacket that day"

Shows picture with people bundled up wearing hoodies and still shows a cloudy picture with no sun on the field.

Can't make this shit up.

PS: It looks like you were trying to find a picture with the smallest crowd, since this picture has a bigger crowd than your previous. Is there anything about this you aren't full of shit on?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I wasn't wearing a jacket that day"

Shows picture with people bundled up wearing hoodies and still shows a cloudy picture with no sun on the field.

Can't make this shit up.

PS: It looks like you were trying to find a picture with the smallest crowd, since this picture has a bigger crowd than your previous. Is there anything about this you aren't full of shit on?
It's a picture from the other side of the stadium....

And I specifically mentioned grilling out and wearing a t-shirt at dinner time.