• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B10 spring games dropping like flies

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even in the picture he posted it wasn’t all that sunny.

He made that shit up. It looked at the weather history for Lansing that week and it was also the coldest day in like a week and the days following it were also warmer.

And I mean despite being from the south, the same thing happens with the shit people wear. You take a 50 degree day in the spring - and people are out there wearing shorts like summer is here. Take the same weather in the fall, and people are bundled up like it's the middle of Feb.

But yet this fool supposedly picks the colder day to not wear a jacket?

Bullshit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw: Despite living in the south, I remember having spring practice in the fucking rain/ice. It started as rain and by the time practice was over it was ice. Huge temperature drop at once and they still made us practice in that shit.

Another reason why Wayne Trimble can suck my dick.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ten spring games dropping like national championship hopes.

Just kidding, stay safe in the storms.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The games are not set in stone.

Now, a school may cancel the game but they can still have a practice the next day.

You're allowed 14 days of work in the spring. That includes the spring game. If you don't
play the game...you can still practice a day or two later.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all these educated people at these universities one would think that someone would have mentioned a retractable roof on these joints where bad weather is a normal occurrence.

For once, looks like Canada got one over on us.:frusty:

Everything is fine, it's a non issue....the teams simply use their indoor facilities....it doesn't matter if the public/fans are not in attendance....the work still gets done.

The games are not set in stone.

Now, a school may cancel the game but they can still have a practice the next day.

You're allowed 14 days of work in the spring. That includes the spring game. If you don't
play the game...you can still practice a day or two later.

Yup.....

Or.... practice the very same day....in the indoor facility.

10409773.jpeg

McClain_Center_hdr.jpg

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine ever having to pay for a spring game. There has never been a Spring game I've attended that I would have paid for; especially lately because they broadcast the damn things on TV now days. I don't understand why people pay for them.
It's Nebraska. It's spring. It's football. For many, it's the first time they've been outside since Christmas.
The atmosphere around the stadium is pretty sweet, for a glorified practice. I usually take grandkids or nephews /nieces. I'm not gonna buy tickets to take them to a regular season game.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is fine, it's a non issue....the teams simply use their indoor facilities....it doesn't matter if the public/fans are not in attendance....the work still gets done.

Yup.....

Or.... practice the very same day....in the indoor facility.

10409773.jpeg

McClain_Center_hdr.jpg
Washington's.

dempsey3.jpg

the+dempsey.jpg

HEZNNHOCDJPARBU.20130912201540.jpg

PPMDYLWASHOWCDA.20130529195559.jpeg

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine ever having to pay for a spring game. There has never been a Spring game I've attended that I would have paid for; especially lately because they broadcast the damn things on TV now days. I don't understand why people pay for them.
The money goes to charity, it's a cheap way for families who can't otherwise afford to drop $400 to take a family of 4 to a real game to actually experience what it is like to be in the stadium and (at OSU, at least), it's a huge party and fun day.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The money goes to charity, it's a cheap way for families who can't otherwise afford to drop $400 to take a family of 4 to a real game to actually experience what it is like to be in the stadium and (at OSU, at least), it's a huge party and fun day.
'You kids better behave or I'm taking you to a Brown's game.'

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dipshit, it's simple math.

Wind Chill Factor

On the day of the Michigan St spring game:

Wind chill: 32 degrees + 16 mph = "feels like" 9 degrees

And you say shit like "cloud cover" affects temperature. It does - ACTUAL TEMPERATURE.

I'm saying you are completely full of shit and made up your claims about the Michigan St game weather.
Jesus christ. Except "wind chill" is just a factor in what it feels like outside. I didn't reference the wind chill that day, I referenced the "feels like" temp because it was partially sunny. Are you really that stupid? Some sites reference just wind child and heat index, but most include other factors such as "wind, humidity, sunshine intensity, cloudiness, precipitation and elevation".

Like the second post on this topic I quoted the accuweather website. There is no argument here, you are wrong. Wind chill is included in but not equal to what it feels like outside. On the day being discussed, it felt warmer that the air temp because the spring sun was out. End of story.

What you're essentially trying to argue is that every rectangle is a square. "feels like" temp is not a specific set of circumstances and often determined by whatever source you're looking up. Most weather sites use more than heat index or wind chill to determine their "Feels like" temp.

Last edited:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dipshit, it's simple math.

Wind Chill Factor

On the day of the Michigan St spring game:

Wind chill: 32 degrees + 16 mph = "feels like" 9 degrees

And you say shit like "cloud cover" affects temperature. It does - ACTUAL TEMPERATURE.

I'm saying you are completely full of shit and made up your claims about the Michigan St game weather.
Furthermore, at minimum, depending on what site you're referencing, the "feels like" temp is a mix of both the wind chill AND the heat index to come up with the "feels like" number. In no universe is the wind chill alone = the feels like number. It's literally just the wind chill. (IE one factor of at minimum two factors in the feels like number).

My final point on this -- if the air temp is 40 degrees and windy, there's still going to be a massive difference in how it feels outside if it's cloudy vs. sunny (in the Spring).

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd understand the problems with filling a full size stadium if your team actually had a full size stadium. :D
What would it matter, the admin was lying about the attendance anyways.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would it matter, the admin was lying about the attendance anyways.
This is probably true. But we definitely had more than Nebraska's capacity every game.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Nebraska. It's spring. It's football. For many, it's the first time they've been outside since Christmas.
The atmosphere around the stadium is pretty sweet, for a glorified practice. I usually take grandkids or nephews /nieces. I'm not gonna buy tickets to take them to a regular season game.

you're not a very cool grandpa.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have season tickets but if I didn't, you could easily find tickets to Michigan games for well under face value for garbage games. I have to imagine Nebraska is similar. Once the Troy Trojans come to town, I have to imagine you can nab some tickets for $50 or less.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have season tickets but if I didn't, you could easily find tickets to Michigan games for well under face value for garbage games. I have to imagine Nebraska is similar. Once the Troy Trojans come to town, I have to imagine you can nab some tickets for $50 or less.

I could. Easily. Not interested.

I have tickets to the Nebraska game in the Big House this year. Really looking forward to that trip.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're not a very cool grandpa.
All of my grandkids are girls. They are more interested in putting make up and tiaras on grandpa and making him a beautiful princess. If me allowing them to do that doesn't make me a cool grandpa, I don't know what does.