• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AZ Offseason Basketball Thread

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrance Ferguson is absolutely balling in this nike hoops summit game. He has about 5 threes in the last couple minutes.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrance is apparently making his announcement sometime today.

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG: Simmons / Allen / PJC
SG: Trier / Alkins
SF: Ferguson / Smith
PF: Markkanen
C: Comanche / Ristic

Add a grad transfer big man and get Chance beefed up and I like it

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the most well written and spot on article I've ever read on the many failures of PAC 12 Networks. This is what I've been saying forever but this guy explains it much better than I have been and does it precisely.

Pac-12 Network is getting worse, not better

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott Pitts is officially transferring. If anyone knows what the hell he did I am genuinely curious. This prolonged "hush hush" on his situation pisses me off.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott Pitts is officially transferring. If anyone knows what the hell he did I am genuinely curious. This prolonged "hush hush" on his situation pisses me off.

Smelliott Shitts. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I guess that's harsh, but the guy squandered a brilliant opportunity last year from what appears to be knucklehead stuff. Last year was his year to shine when the team was a bit down and lacking depth.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Derski

I figured I'd just go here. It sucks to look at the previous posts from last off season and think of what could have been with Ferguson and Smith. Fuck fuck fuck.

I think it's reasonable to believe that Lauri, Trier, and maybe Kobi are gone. Maybe one stays but I just think I expect them all to leave. Kobi might transfer or declare, but unless he improves (on defense mostly) then I don't see his role changing much.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These last 4 years in the tourney have felt especially brutal to me.

2 years of getting so tantalizingly close to the FF.

Followed by 2 years of major letdowns and early exits.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These last 4 years in the tourney have felt especially brutal to me.

2 years of getting so tantalizingly close to the FF.

Followed by 2 years of major letdowns and early exits.

Yeah man, I feel like they're all brutal. Miller's first year was even if I expected it, just because it was new to me. 2011 was brutal just because we were so close, even if we drastically exceeded expectations. 2012 was brutal because of a let down, even if I didn't expect much with Jesse Parry as our C. 2013 was rough because of the last second shot loss to OSU. And on for the reasons you mention.

I just think that it's tough to constantly be at such a high level and also break through. If you look at how many wins, how much success we've had in March, etc. we are at the top of CBB. But while we are trying to keep everything consistent, you have other teams that either do the same but have the ball bounce their way a time or two more, or inconsistent teams that just put it together for a key stretch. And it sucks.

But it's like Lute said, it only sucks to lose a big game because you are a good enough team to make the game big. And that means something win or lose. It's also tough having so many players come through and leave early, especially for a coach that didn't come from that background or has much experience with it before coming here.

I think the zone is his biggest issue, and I think he is finally seeing it. Next year we have another strong crop, and I think Miller learned a lot this year. It was also the first year that we didn't lose any head scratchers. Every team we lost to was high quality and its good to see the consistency.

I think Miller is going to have to put it together soon or he'll be looking for greener pastures that he thinks will get him over the hump. I think he can more than do it here but he just has to do a better job finishing, and have a little luck.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will break through eventually. Miller has previously attributed tournament losses to bad luck and misfortune. After this seasons early exit it appears Miller is finally taking some sort of blame for the end result. That's all I've been asking for. Miller has an ego about him that can rub people the wrong way and for the first time in a while I saw him check himself. You are no less a student of the game than the players you coach.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will break through eventually. Miller has previously attributed tournament losses to bad luck and misfortune. After this seasons early exit it appears Miller is finally taking some sort of blame for the end result. That's all I've been asking for. Miller has an ego about him that can rub people the wrong way and for the first time in a while I saw him check himself. You are no less a student of the game than the players you coach.

I agree. I can't be too hard on him but I definitely think you're right. He seemed to say that if they didn't win then there was some other reason that it happened. And the bottom line is that he has to keep getting better. He can't keep knocking on the door and then shrug and walk away when no one lets him in.

I'm glad that he seem proactive about looking for and recognizing what he could have personally done to improve moving forward. And like you said, that's all we're asking for.