• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AZ Offseason Basketball Thread

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The long wait until October begins. Your thoughts until then....

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kadeem with 7 turnover. How do you think Miller brings that up to him?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The long wait until October begins. Your thoughts until then....

Can't...believe...the off season is officially here! That went bye fast!

My honest opinion of this season is disappointment in the senior class. In particular Zeus and York. I thought Ryan Anderson, a freakn transfer, was our heart and soul this year but other than him, the other seniors lacked leadership and toughness. Perhaps I've been spoiled by the leaders we've had the past few seasons or perhaps my expectations of a senior class are way too high but I gotta say that I don't think our seniors stepped it up this season.

I also have high praise for Trier. Man that kid can ball and it'd be awesome to see him stay but we'll see. I thought he gave us an offensive boost every time he played. I hope he stays.

Overall, I actually thought we OVER ACHEIVED this season! Yes! Over achieved! We ended with 25 wins and we put ourselves in a position to win the PAC 12 but they weren't able to seize control when they had a chance to. after watching us play I'm the non con, I didn't think we stood a chance to win the conference but they gave themselves a chance. I'm actually okay with this season. It went just about as I expected l considering the players we lost from last season. Now I can enjoy the rest of the tourney without being stressed out haha

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not bashing on Trier but I don't mind his decision to go pro if it happens. to me he lacks that team mentality that Gordon and even Stanley had. That said he was probably the only player on our team that could create their own shot... Im more looking forward to our incoming class to pick up the slack anyway. Any one of the recruits we're bringing in could and probably should crack the starting 5 anyway. Simmons running the point over Allen and/or PJC should be an upgrade.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kadeem with 7 turnover. How do you think Miller brings that up to him?

This is the first time since I can remember I felt truly disgusted after the season ended. This is an elite program that did nothing elite the entire year. RPI nothing special. Bounced from the conference tourney. One and done in the big dance in humiliating fashion.

The Seniors were all horrible and completely lacked leadership or heart. It was pathetic to watch. Zeus was the only one making an impact once in a while and it was almost by default. You wouldn't have even known Ryan Anderson was playing until midway through the second half.

Ray Smith going down hurt. PJC is the only player that seems able to distribute the ball with any regularity, but he is lacking in just about everything else.

Miller has some work to do. Gonna be a while before I get over this one. This season was not AZ basketball. Not acceptable.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good. He has unfinished business here. Terrible coaching against Wichita State and multiple wardrobe malfunctions...I almost would have told him "don't let the door hit you on the way out"...but time heals (sort of) all wounds.

Only $$$ or nostalgia could have made leaving for Pitt make any sense. Major step down in every other way.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Terrance Fergeson is visiting tomorrow.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the depth chart looking like?

Guards: Simmons, (Ferguson), Allen, PJC, Simon
Wings: (Trier), (Jackson), Alkins, Smith
Forwards: Ristic, Commanche, Markkanen

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the depth chart looking like?

Guards: Simmons, (Ferguson), Allen, PJC, Simon
Wings: (Trier), (Jackson), Alkins, Smith
Forwards: Ristic, Commanche, Markkanen

Not liking the Forwards as listed. Ristic has no D...Commanche is not likely someone you can rely on for big minutes every game.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel sad thinking about how little we took advantage of having so much talented experience on the roster this season. 5 of our top 6 players were upperclassmen.

Next season our upperclassmen will be Kadeem, PJC, and Dusan.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a little early to try and get into this too specifically. We still don't know about Trier, Jackson, Ferguson, or and transfers in or out.

Your depth chart looks pretty accurate (as you include the players as uncertain). I think I heard rumblings that Miller is looking for a solid transfer PF/C.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simon's transferring.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably the last to realize this... but I just found out next year's Final Four is in PHX.

I think next year is the year guys.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised he didn't at least test the waters considering you are allowed to withdraw if you don't hire an agent but now the decision is done and over with. One less question mark. Thanks for that Alonzo