• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ayton commits to AZ

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're celebrating our 20th anniversary of the '97 NC team, and last year was 15 years since we made a FF, so whether AZ fans want to acknowledge it or not, Miller's string of EE's has a shelf life. We've definitely been banging on the door, and have had good success in the draft and the Pac, but it's flat out been too long since we were NC good.
What the fuck are you talking about? We were national championship good two years ago, and easily the favorite to win the national championship the year before that before THE injury. Sean Miller will be the coach at Arizona until he no longer wants to be, you best believe that.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy all the talent coming out of AZ lately. #1 Basketball Recruit, 2 out of the top 5 NHL Draft picks...

Congrats on the pick up, it's great to see the top 2 prospects both going to the Pac-12.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are you talking about? We were national championship good two years ago, and easily the favorite to win the national championship the year before that before THE injury. Sean Miller will be the coach at Arizona until he no longer wants to be, you best believe that.

Easy big fella. I'm not saying that we haven't been favored to win, or a frontrunner to win during the season. I mean that it's been a long time since we were there at the end of the season in the position to win it all. Being favored to win is only potential. And THE injury matters because after that, we weren't NC good.

I also believe that Miller will be the coach at AZ until he no longer wants to be. And I'm stoked to have him here. I mostly mean that if after another few years (for argument's sake, 5-10) we have still been getting top ten recruiting classes and no FF or beyond, then I think top recruits won't choose AZ as much, since their is no result of getting to the final weekend.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy all the talent coming out of AZ lately. #1 Basketball Recruit, 2 out of the top 5 NHL Draft picks...

Congrats on the pick up, it's great to see the top 2 prospects both going to the Pac-12.

Hey man, welcome to the boards. :suds:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks - not raised in Pac-12 country so the hatred of 'Zona isn't what you'd expect.

No worries man. AZ fans in particular are pretty respectful to respectful ASU fans. I for one, am hoping Hurley can get ASU to a place where no one wants to play the AZ schools and we can make it difficult for other schools to prepare for us both week in and week out. Plus, it makes the Pac better.

I'm not a huge CFB fan, but I'll see ya on the CBB boards!

Reactions: Eco

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries man. AZ fans in particular are pretty respectful to respectful ASU fans. I for one, am hoping Hurley can get ASU to a place where no one wants to play the AZ schools and we can make it difficult for other schools to prepare for us both week in and week out. Plus, it makes the Pac better.

I'm not a huge CFB fan, but I'll see ya on the CBB boards!

Well - a bit of history, I went to Alabama, so I'm very familiar with Avery Johnson and what he's doing there. I have never watched an ASU basketball game, but this year I'm going to start watching ASU along with Bama BBall.

I love college sports, so this year I wanted a Pac-12 team since I love the West Coast, plus it just makes CFB more enjoyable for me, and after traveling to Phoenix/Tempe, I went with ASU.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - a bit of history, I went to Alabama, so I'm very familiar with Avery Johnson and what he's doing there. I have never watched an ASU basketball game, but this year I'm going to start watching ASU along with Bama BBall.

I love college sports, so this year I wanted a Pac-12 team since I love the West Coast, plus it just makes CFB more enjoyable for me, and after traveling to Phoenix/Tempe, I went with ASU.

Hahaha, I see. Bum deal you went with ASU! Just kidding man. I'd lobby for you to come to Tucson and check out the AZ campus, but most of the Pac has really nice digs.

You mentioned that you've never watched ASU BB, have you watched much Pac 12 BB? The conference is starting to get back to having a solid conference like it did 8-10 years ago, and I think you'll really like some of the basketball venues.

I'll apologize ahead of time for the refs. You'll see what I mean. :L

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, I see. Bum deal you went with ASU! Just kidding man. I'd lobby for you to come to Tucson and check out the AZ campus, but most of the Pac has really nice digs.

You mentioned that you've never watched ASU BB, have you watched much Pac 12 BB? The conference is starting to get back to having a solid conference like it did 8-10 years ago, and I think you'll really like some of the basketball venues.

I'll apologize ahead of time for the refs. You'll see what I mean. :L

I've watched some, usually just the PAC-12 tournament, and the teams that make the big dance.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched some, usually just the PAC-12 tournament, and the teams that make the big dance.

Right on. Two more months till tipoff!

:suds:

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats for scoring the #1 and hurts me to say this.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats for scoring the #1 and hurts me to say this.

Long way to go until it's final, but we all know how much it pains you to have said it, so we definitely appreciate it.

ocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you baller.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, I think the chances of Ayton attending college are gradually increasing. Him committing so early is nothing but positive imo.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, I think the chances of Ayton attending college are gradually increasing. Him committing so early is nothing but positive imo.

Agreed. Still praying to the basketball gods.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weirdest, most random post I've seen in a while lol.

Needless to say, I'm really digging the avatar, and my apologies to whatever bet you lost.

You going to be around for CBB season?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needless to say, I'm really digging the avatar, and my apologies to whatever bet you lost.

You going to be around for CBB season?

Lol, I was waiting for you to mention it. Nearly threw up when it was officially up, first time losing an avatar bet in my life.

And yes of course.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I was waiting for you to mention it. Nearly threw up when it was officially up, first time losing an avatar bet in my life.

And yes of course.

I was looking for some sort of scuba emoji on here and there was none (someone should get on that shit) to post.

I knew that the Stewart/Hale experiment was going to be a bust, but I definitely didn't see them doing as bad as they did. I also didn't expect LA to win the west (or make October) in Robert's first year.

Looking forward to the season. I have to take my PhD exams from 10/24-11/21, so I'll probably not get to see much other than the MSU game until they're over. After Thanksgiving, I should be back to seeing every game.

Lots to look forward to, still has to materialize!

BTFD