• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin Aries Released

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My bad. I rattled off so many names I figured I had mentioned Owens.

It's subjective, so it's fine if people hold Aries in higher esteem than I do.

I think I speak on behalf of most fans that Zayn is better in our opinion.
Aries is good technician who has good matches. Cesaro is spectacular in the ring when he gets the chance. Just an opinion. Ziggler is essentially the same guy without the Indy cred but with better exposure to the casual fanbase

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. I rattled off so many names I figured I had mentioned Owens.

It's subjective, so it's fine if people hold Aries in higher esteem than I do.

I think I speak on behalf of most fans that Zayn is better in our opinion.
Aries is good technician who has good matches. Cesaro is spectacular in the ring when he gets the chance. Just an opinion. Ziggler is essentially the same guy without the Indy cred but with better exposure to the casual fanbase
IMO Aries is better on the mic than any of them. Aries is better in the ring than any of those 3. I don't think it's particularly close with them tbh.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say he beat Neville, then Neville went onto a big push on SD or Raw . AA goes on to feud with a bunch of unproven guys on 205 Live and have Raw PPV preshow matches would that have been a better use of his talent? Maybe he could have stayed in NXT and been a fixture there until he retired but I'm not sure if that's a better role.

I don't mean this as a slight on Aries but just to put it in perspective...
If it's 1987 he's the best worker on the WWF roster other than Savage and Steamboat. If it's 1997 he's the best other than Bret, Shawn and maybe Owen. In 2007 with Angle leaving and Benoit and Gurerro's death he's one of the better talents other than Micheals. Now you have Styles, Nakamura, Zayn, Finn, Rollins, Neville, Cesaro, Joe, Reigns, Cena, Harper, Breeze, Ziggler.. I would put all of them either on the same tier as Aries or a cut above him. Than you factor in his age and it's difficult to see him getting a major push. Right now I like them teasing a singles run for someone like Gable. He's young and talented and if it works with him you have someone to build around going forward.
TL;DR Aries is a very good wrestler but he's in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think he's better off making a ton of money as a star on the Indys or getting a main event run in a newly branded GFW than staying in the WWE.

It works because it puts the belt on another legit guy in Aries. They in turn do the same thing they did with Neville, boosting the division and then using that to launch him up the card.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IMO Aries is better on the mic than any of them. Aries is better in the ring than any of those 3. I don't think it's particularly close with them tbh.
I would agree that he's better on the mic but my oringinal post was about how his in ring skills are very good but not elite in an era with 10-12 WWE guys who have comparable or superior match quality.
He cuts very good promos but there are also 10 or so guys on the roster who are as good or better in that category as well imo.
So to me if you have an undersized guy who's pushing 40 that's a jack of all trades but a master of none it's difficult to give him a push on a crowded roster. If he was 30 it's a different story. He'd more value.
If you think he's not only better in ring than Zayn and Cesaro but it's "not close" you're either severely understating them or you rate Aries as world class. I think he's a good talent who'd excel in another promotion but I don't think he's work class and WWE dropped the ball.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure Aries was hurt by everyone leaving TNA and him ending up a top dog by default. Probably bloated his head to believing he was more than he was. Still thought he was going to be a big reason for the cruiserweights, but Neville just returned and destroyed any one elses chances.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure Aries was hurt by everyone leaving TNA and him ending up a top dog by default. Probably bloated his head to believing he was more than he was. Still thought he was going to be a big reason for the cruiserweights, but Neville just returned and destroyed any one elses chances.

Aries' head was already bloated. He's had a history of attitude problems dating back to the mid-2000s.

Also, TNA's mass exodus didn't have too much of an effect on Aries' position on the card. It largely remained the same.