• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Attrition is always there...as are transfers...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it that Jake Johnson and Patrick Terry have asked for permission to transfer and, knowing how Coach Beamer handles these things, I expect their request to be granted.

Johnson is not happy with his move to defensive end and may want to pursue playing time at linebacker elsewhere. Terry may leave because of playing time as well.

I do not know if this is true or not, but I have heard it from a few people.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I sure am going to miss those yellow flags Johnson seemed to often attract. If I remember correctly their were two scoring drives that we stopped them on 3rd but he was called on the play last season. He seemed to have so much potential but never lived up to it, to bad. Well best of luck to those two.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tahrick Peak did not qualify and was going to go to Hargrave....

The writing on the wall was there that we were not going to hold the scholarship....

He chose to sign with Texas Tech instead.....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tahrick Peak did not qualify and was going to go to Hargrave....

The writing on the wall was there that we were not going to hold the scholarship....

He chose to sign with Texas Tech instead.....

Unfortunately the bad news just keeps piling on for the Hokies this offseason. Rumor has it that Tahrick's older brother, Nubian Peak has requested to be allowed out of his scholarship and CFB has agreed. He was a redshirt freshman RB/WR who had been a big producer in the spring and was probably the fastest player on the team. No word where he is headed yet.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shitty

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez - when are we going to get any good news? :)

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty funny - I am 2-2 with adding recruits as friends on facebook and just adding a quick "Let's Go Hokies" as a comment every so often. It worked with Nick Dew and Corey Martshall...I know I know...you guys are welcome! ;)

Next up...Demetrious Nicholson and Curtis Grant. If they commit, someone needs to take me out here in Richmond for beers!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty funny - I am 2-2 with adding recruits as friends on facebook and just adding a quick "Let's Go Hokies" as a comment every so often. It worked with Nick Dew and Corey Martshall...I know I know...you guys are welcome! ;)

Next up...Demetrious Nicholson and Curtis Grant. If they commit, someone needs to take me out here in Richmond for beers!

Deal!

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kenny Lewis Jr has decided to leave the program as well. I hate to see him go but I'm not surprised that he wants to move on. He's a quality leader and busted his ass when healthy. I remember his solid performances at the end of 2006 when Ore was out.

Best of luck to him. It may not be on the football field, but he will definitely have big success at something.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Lewis Jr has decided to leave the program as well. I hate to see him go but I'm not surprised that he wants to move on. He's a quality leader and busted his ass when healthy. I remember his solid performances at the end of 2006 when Ore was out.

Best of luck to him. It may not be on the football field, but he will definitely have big success at something.

KLJ won't be going far from Blacksburg. Although he may have hung up his cleats he will be working with the staff soon I am sure. he will be a high priority for the next grad assistant postion.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along with Nicholson choosing to not come to Blacksburg, former four star cornerbafk Jerrod Williams is rumored to be wanting to transfer. I am not overly concerned as we are somewahat deep at CB but with our ability to send guys to the league I am a bit shocked.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along with Nicholson choosing to not come to Blacksburg, former four star cornerbafk Jerrod Williams is rumored to be wanting to transfer. I am not overly concerned as we are somewahat deep at CB but with our ability to send guys to the league I am a bit shocked.

COMFIRMED: Jerrod Williams to Western Kentucky. That's too bad. I wish him the best.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jerrodd Williams is transferring to Clemson!!!

...and avoiding having to sit a year because he is walking on and paying his own way....

....very interesting

WTF, well either way I do hope he succeeds in the future, even if he is a turncoat basterd.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jerrodd Williams is transferring to Clemson!!!

...and avoiding having to sit a year because he is walking on and paying his own way....

....very interesting

Is this still true? I haven't heard anything from this on VT's end, only on Clemson's front.

I still have a hard time believing that players can walk-on and then play after a year. The ACC rule enforces that already basically making the player pay two semesters before he can play.