• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Atlanta

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 2013 the Hawks were getting something like 8 to 9 flags a game ( Bennett and Okung were easily putting up 2 each per game for offsides and false starts ) and we bitched about the flags then. Funny now how we would take just 8 per game because we have been getting double that almost every game now lol. I have seen more ghost flags this season than any other season ( a play that shouldn't have drawn a flag ) and it's bs, you almost have to think the NFL is out to get the Hawks.

We had something like 5 last game that shouldn't have even been thrown and not only that they are not going both was. Pitty pat fouls on the Hawks yet they don't call obvious fouls that happen AGAINST the Hawks.

Seattles opponents average 6.7 flags per game where as the Hawks get 12.7 ( last 3 games ) and Half those 12.7 had no business being called.

It's really telling when you got non-bias announcers in prime time games commenting on how that was a bad call on a flag and the flag shouldn't have been thrown. Something we hear all the time now in a game on many of the Hawks penalties. They Show a replay and the announcers are just like "aww that wasn't flag worthy" or " that was a bad call" how many times do we as a fan base have to hear about how bad the refs are doing against the Hawks before the NFL/Refs themselves take notice?

the kicking games have become a joke and i have a dirty ugly feeling growing in the back of my head. It's like the NFL wants to remove the kicking game ( kick offs, punts ) so they told the refs to throw a TON of flags and this will then maybe make owners more acceptable to somehow REMOVING it from the game.

The game we watch today can't hold a candle to the game we got to see in the 80's and 90's.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams lost today, if the Seahawks lose to the Falcons they are only down one game, with a match at the Clink.

oh, you're right... My bad... I was thinking we'd be 6-5... I actually don't know what I was thinking... LOL...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, you're right... My bad... I was thinking we'd be 6-5... I actually don't know what I was thinking... LOL...
Never the less , just win baby! If the Seahawks can’t beat the Falcons at home, that would be a downer.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams lost today, if the Seahawks lose to the Falcons they are only down one game, with a match at the Clink.

O.O You can't count on a team losing just to stay in the Chase. You really got to go out there and TAKE IT. The hawks have the opportunity to take back 1st place so they Have to go out there and TAKE IT not count on the remach.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 2013 the Hawks were getting something like 8 to 9 flags a game ( Bennett and Okung were easily putting up 2 each per game for offsides and false starts ) and we bitched about the flags then. Funny now how we would take just 8 per game because we have been getting double that almost every game now lol. I have seen more ghost flags this season than any other season ( a play that shouldn't have drawn a flag ) and it's bs, you almost have to think the NFL is out to get the Hawks.

We had something like 5 last game that shouldn't have even been thrown and not only that they are not going both was. Pitty pat fouls on the Hawks yet they don't call obvious fouls that happen AGAINST the Hawks.

Seattles opponents average 6.7 flags per game where as the Hawks get 12.7 ( last 3 games ) and Half those 12.7 had no business being called.

It's really telling when you got non-bias announcers in prime time games commenting on how that was a bad call on a flag and the flag shouldn't have been thrown. Something we hear all the time now in a game on many of the Hawks penalties. They Show a replay and the announcers are just like "aww that wasn't flag worthy" or " that was a bad call" how many times do we as a fan base have to hear about how bad the refs are doing against the Hawks before the NFL/Refs themselves take notice?

the kicking games have become a joke and i have a dirty ugly feeling growing in the back of my head. It's like the NFL wants to remove the kicking game ( kick offs, punts ) so they told the refs to throw a TON of flags and this will then maybe make owners more acceptable to somehow REMOVING it from the game.

The game we watch today can't hold a candle to the game we got to see in the 80's and 90's.

NFL Penalties - 2017 League Penalty Stats - View by Total - NFL Penalty Stats Tracker - List/Statistics/Data of NFL Penalties - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Sad that Hawks have 10 more penalties that the runner up... We have 94, with Miami 2nd at 84 and we played one less game...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i was looking at this one.

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Penalties per Game on TeamRankings.com

It's really telling when you watch the steady consistent climb on Flags then the JUMP when they reach the Hawks

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's just crazy how bad it's gotten...

click the 2017 on the list a couple times to have it rank highest to lowest.

See anything strange about it? They go from a couple teams that are below 6 then the rest of the league is in the 6 range but a couple that are 7 to 8 then BOOM 10+ out of no where.

Seattles opponents get the 10th least penalties per game where Seattle not only gets the MOST, it's not even close to the next worst team. The disparity is telling. ( 6.7 to 10.4 )

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
click the 2017 on the list a couple times to have it rank highest to lowest.

See anything strange about it? They go from a couple teams that are below 6 then the rest of the league is in the 6 range but a couple that are 7 to 8 then BOOM 10+ out of no where.

Seattles opponents get the 10th least penalties per game where Seattle not only gets the MOST, it's not even close to the next worst team. The disparity is telling. ( 6.7 to 10.4 )
Eliminate the pre snaps and that evens it out.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see tricky tack calls every game. I just accept that they will happen to everyone.

If we have 15 penalties again tomorrow night I'm gonna climb a clock tower ... lol I can't take it anymore...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem isn't the number of penalties (although it doesn't look good to be on pace to set the league record), it's the timing and severity of some of those penalties. We've been one of the most, if not the most penalized teams in the league for years now. The problem has been the automatic first down penalties on defense that have extended opponent drives and the penalties that have either stalled promising drives of our own by wiping out big plays and pushing the offense back or kept potentially promising drives from even happening by digging too big a hole on first or second down. It doesn't help that, with injuries on both sides of the ball to impact players, we're just not as equipped as we used to be to be able to minimize the damage of the penalties we get. We're not going to suddenly stop committing penalties, but if we could just stop committing penalties that kill whatever momentum we have on either side of the ball, we'd be in better shape.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The penalties have been ridiculous. I’m not saying it’s all on the refs, but there definitely seems to be a much stricter game called against the Hawks than their opponents. At least 3 or 4 calls last week had me wondering why there was a flag - and a half dozen more where I couldn't believe the Cardinals weren't flagged (the center 7 yards downfield on a screen pass comes to mind off the top of my head, and I seem to remember at least 1 obvious OPI).

The presnap penalties are an easy scapegoat, but to be honest, the team isn,t struggling as bead as people would have us believe. Offsides and false starts account for less than 1/4 of our penalties and about 1/7 of our yardage. I’d say illegal hands to the face has been a big problem for us. I don’t care how the refs are calling it against others, but the Hawks HAVE to keep their hands below the top of an opponents shoulder pads or they get called. I swear that the Hawks have as many of these as they do defensive offsides penalties (7). 18 defensive holding and DPI calls are almost as numerous as false starts and offsides (18 to 22).

No matter what the refs are calling and wether it is consistent with the Seahawks and their opponents doesn't matter - it’s up the Seattle to clean it up and not give the refs any reason to throw the flag. Thus far they haven’t.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta doesn't scare me alot because they got the offense that can score but......

Thats it. They can't give is fits like Washington did with their pass rush.

Jacksonville, Philly and Dallas scare me ALOT more then Atlanta

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now we're 103 with Miami in 2nd with 84... We have 19 more penalties than Miami for pete-sakes...

I honestly feel the refs are use to just throwing the flag on the Hawks... It's like we have reputation for drawing the flag so the refs are always looking for a reason to do so... Watching the Patriots this Sunday vs Oakland, do you know how many penalties they had? ZERO... How the heck does an NFL football team not have one penalty called on them in a game... I couldn't believe that...