• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Athletics @ Mariners 9/1 - 9/3

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately this sweep doesn't move the needle for me. Especially knowing Houston is coming to town with Keuchel, Verlander and McCullers. If they somehow win 2 of those maybe but I don't see it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatest. Series. Ever!!!

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately this sweep doesn't move the needle for me. Especially knowing Houston is coming to town with Keuchel, Verlander and McCullers. If they somehow win 2 of those maybe but I don't see it.
Keuchel hasn't been the same since returning from his injury. 5.35 ERA/1.50 WHIP. But Cruz' bat is cold and Cano is not hitting lefties this year. Valencia, one of our better hitters versus lefties, struck out in 7 straight at bats recently. ERam has thrown 4 consecutive quality starts. This will be an interesting game I think.

Verlander is on a roll. 2.22 ERA/0.89 WHIP in his last 9 starts and he has an extra chip on his shoulder versus the Mariners. If Dyson is in the lineup, he'd better watch his ass. I'd don't give us much hope in the second game. Miranda will give up a bushel of homers to Houston's offense. Seattle gets clobbered in this game.

McCullers has not had a solid game since the end of June and DLed since the end of July. Don't know what to expect from him. I don't see Mike Leake as solid against Houston as he was against Oakland. Might be a slug fest, but if McCullers' breaking stuff is working, could be a long day for the Marinerds.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't fall for it, they'll get swept themselves when it counts... This team is not playoff worthy... The only thing that will make them a contender is getting Felix and Paxton back healthy... THEN maybe....