• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At the Quarter Point

Are the Lions where you thought they would be after four weeks?

• Exceeding expectations - I expected SOL and instead I’m burning tickets for Vegas, baby!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Meeting expectations - Their record and being first in the North were expected by week 4.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Below expectations - They lost a game at home; I fully expected more.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too early - I take the long view. They’ve plenty of time for me to form an opinion.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The board has been very quiet this year. I’m wondering what other’s have been thinking of their Lions. Being an eternal optimist (well, homer) it’s good to see if I need a new prescription for my rose colored glasses.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are meeting them for me if they beat CAR Sunday. I expect some bumps along the way but a 4-1 is needed. We should go at least 6-2 in our division but we need wins outside it and are doing it so far. Schedule gets much tough the last 8 or 9 games so we might need a big lead at the halfway mark.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fear was if Goff started throwing picks again the Lions would struggle. He has thrown picks, the Lions are losing fumbles.

But they have overcome those mistakes like really good teams do. We aren't firing on all cylinders and yet we are still winning games.

They are exceeding my expectations.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switch the Chiefs win and the Seahawks loss and I think most of us would have expected/been fine with that 3-1 record. I agree that the manner of the victories are exceeding expectations though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’ve done well so far.

The strong showing in GB being the highlight of the year for me. Getting a win against their best opponent in the division, on the road, was a big plus for success down the road.

Kelce getting hurt two days before the opener was great. Don’t think things would’ve went our way otherwise.

Have major concerns with the lack of depth in many areas. So not getting excited yet.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definite improvement Offense is getting better as long as injuries don't cause problems and Defense still needs work but has improved

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say Jack Campbell is playing almost exactly as well as i thought he would. However I expected that to be by far our best LB, instead it's not enough to see the field much. Defense in general, but especially our LB corps has greatly exceeded expectations.. Also we signed 3 guys in the secondary and had really only Joseph returning that I trusted. Well one of those 3 hasn't played yet, and another barely played before getting injured and Joseph has missed some significant time too. Secondary has also definitely exceeded expectations in light of that.

On offense LaPorta has been better than I expected, Gibbs has been less than. But besides for the half a game where we were down to our 3rd or 4th string Right Tackle, the offense has been about where we expected. But the defense is the thing carrying this team, and the offense should be embarrassed.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that Jared Goffs name is now on the board in Vegas for league MVP. Still a Longshot, but I think only like 9 guys have better odds, and going into the season he was probably included under "other." Now he's at least on the board.

Also saw a breakdown of the remaining schedule but I think it was just based on current record and current power ranking? Maybe not 100% accurate, but right now we have the 31st most difficult remaining schedule. In other words the second easiest remaining schedule. I think Niners and Philly both had top 5-10ish hardest schedules. So it could be realistic to say that the hype is possibly going to get louder from here.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will people be happy with this season? Division win? Winning a playoff game? Superbowl?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy to no longer be a joke. I want a SuperBowl win, who doesn't, but for this year Division win and a playoff win would be a dream. Team is young and can build on it from there.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say I'd be happy with a playoff win. That's still a huge step beyond not making the playoffs last year. But the reality is if we make and win a playoff game, Ben Johnson is almost certainly gone. Does that close our window? Just narrow our window? Hard to know.

In 91 we had a young Barry Sanders and won a single playoff game and you had to think many more were coming and we had an open window to win a Superbowl. Things change in the NFL.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say I'd be happy with a playoff win. That's still a huge step beyond not making the playoffs last year. But the reality is if we make and win a playoff game, Ben Johnson is almost certainly gone. Does that close our window? Just narrow our window? Hard to know.

In 91 we had a young Barry Sanders and won a single playoff game and you had to think many more were coming and we had an open window to win a Superbowl. Things change in the NFL.
We could not win another game and Ben Johnson is still gone. We are lucky he came back this year

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to at least make it to the SB. Rosters change a lot from year to year so the window these days are always small.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We also lost Utley and Andolsec (sp?) from the offense line, that was a bit hit.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll consider it a successful season with winning the division and winning a home playoff game. I'd be happy with that, it will be tough getting by San Fran and Philly.