• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At least we aren't the Skins

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1 gotta admit I'm impressed with the eagles .....

But I said the same last year with the Redskins

Alot harder the second year when teams have film not only only the Qb but the scheme itself ....

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1 gotta admit I'm impressed with the eagles .....

But I said the same last year with the Redskins

Alot harder the second year when teams have film not only only the Qb but the scheme itself ....

Agreed. Chip Kelly's offense will be figured out during the offseason and there will probably be a second year downturn. It's like the sophomore qb's, once there is game film, there are guys who make a lot of money figuring out how to stop it.

Last year several of the dunces of this board were all raving about the triple option. You hardly see it this year because the defenses are on to it. Chip Kelly's offense is a gimmick that is effective right now, but most likely won't be as effective next year.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Chip Kelly's offense will be figured out during the offseason and there will probably be a second year downturn. It's like the sophomore qb's, once there is game film, there are guys who make a lot of money figuring out how to stop it.

Last year several of the dunces of this board were all raving about the triple option. You hardly see it this year because the defenses are on to it. Chip Kelly's offense is a gimmick that is effective right now, but most likely won't be as effective next year.

I agree ... and no doubt me and you will be in the minority on that....

Preparing for talent is one thing..... college schemes just dont last in the NFL ...

Thats not an insult to PE1 or any one.... Ive just see it too many times .... all the way back to the run and shoot offense

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I disagree is that its not a college O. THey Eagles are a run first team and lead the NFL in rushing. All we do is run the exact offense the Patriots run and nobody has stopped that for years. Thisn't isnt gimmicky like the wildcat or the pistol. Its spread the field like many teams are doing and snap quickly like the Patriots have been doing for years. Theres nothing to figure out. We are dead last in the NFL in time of possession. Theres nothing to figure out. Our QB runs a 5.2 forty so its not like RG3s pistol or the wildcat. And like I said... this same offense has been run for years in NE except the fact that we run the ball more. We have a nice OLine and a nice RB. Nothing gimmicky at all about this offense outside of the fact they snap the ball quicker then other teams. THe only way you stop that is to fake injuries and we've been seeing it all year. I respect your opinion but disagree tremendously.

I tried PMing you Twist3d. You need to let this FRYE guy go. You remind me of my battles with TRS last year. You are way better then this brother. Good luck Sunday, but not too much luck :)

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I do agree that the proof is in the pudding with Foles. Teams will get more tape on him and he will have to step it up even more next year. I think its a complete fallacy to think this is a gimmick offense. The Eagles run the ball down your throat and are the best in the NFL at it right now. Thats a tried and true way of winning. We are leading the league in rushing and NOT like how the Skins did with RG3 rushing for 800 yards. Foles runs like my grandpa. And take this with some salt. The Eagles are faaaaar from dominant. THey still have a flawed team but this system has been working for years in the NFL yet never had a strong running game combined with it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I do agree that the proof is in the pudding with Foles. Teams will get more tape on him and he will have to step it up even more next year. I think its a complete fallacy to think this is a gimmick offense. The Eagles run the ball down your throat and are the best in the NFL at it right now. Thats a tried and true way of winning. We are leading the league in rushing and NOT like how the Skins did with RG3 rushing for 800 yards. Foles runs like my grandpa. And take this with some salt. The Eagles are faaaaar from dominant. THey still have a flawed team but this system has been working for years in the NFL yet never had a strong running game combined with it.

I do think give the DCs an offseason to try to counter the eagles. The eagles may struggle more next year from this year. I do agree that it isn't new to the NFL though. but I was more thinking how the Bills ran their offense back in their superbowl years. & that is new to this current group of DCs. The difference from Foles from RGIII is Foles can go through his read progression better. Don't know if Foles season is an anomaly or if you found that gem in the rough, but next year should be harder for him, now that the DCs know who he is.

I remember at the beginning of the season saying the best thing we could hope for was Mike Vick starting, & all the eagle fans arguing with me. Guess you guys could admit I was right now. (even though I had no clue Foles would play this well)

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be honest, I haven't watched very many Eagles games - the only one I can think of was last week's and then a few flips of the channel now and then. My opinion is based mostly off of what I have read and heard by commentators, so I could very well be off in my assessment above.

The Patriots offense works because of the guy throwing the ball. When he is on his game, he is fun to watch, even though I don't like the guy. Personally, I think he is probably the best qb the game has seen when he's on. Foles kind of reminds me of him in some ways and he may eventually be Brady-esque, who knows.

My point, mainly, is that I think there will be some downgrade next year once the defenses adjust to what they are doing.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think give the DCs an offseason to try to counter the eagles. The eagles may struggle more next year from this year. I do agree that it isn't new to the NFL though. but I was more thinking how the Bills ran their offense back in their superbowl years. & that is new to this current group of DCs. The difference from Foles from RGIII is Foles can go through his read progression better. Don't know if Foles season is an anomaly or if you found that gem in the rough, but next year should be harder for him, now that the DCs know who he is.

I remember at the beginning of the season saying the best thing we could hope for was Mike Vick starting, & all the eagle fans arguing with me. Guess you guys could admit I was right now. (even though I had no clue Foles would play this well)

we agree too much .... As a Cowboys fan ... I was hoping we played Mr one read or run Vick

Foles threw a monkey wrench into that.

And PE1 we will just disagree on your offense..... I wont make the mistake of saying Philly has no chance again next year though ... very impressive season..... Im just not sold on the scheme

and it is very much like the bills offense of the 90s ..... run the the line before the defense can adjust ... wins games not championships

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. I wouldnt be surprised to see the Eagles winning a playoff game this year and then not even qualifying next. Foles has been amazing but can we really expect a 118.8 QBR again. I mean if you look at the numbers Foles probably has been the 2nd best QB in the entire NFL this year... can the Eagles fan really expect that again. Im also willing to admit things just keep falling our way. No Romo, no AP, no Aaron Rodgers, couple of key calls going our way. THis sample size is just to small for any objective person to think Philly has turned the corner for good. I think the Eagles OLine isnt getting the credit they deserve in Foles success. THe guy was just standing there for SEVERAL seconds last week going threw his reads. Our RT Johnson has been the best of the 3 taken last year, Kelce (C) might be playing the best Center ball in the league now, Jason Peters and Evan Mathis are both top 3 in their position but are old. 2 years from now they could be done. Not to mention we need a blitzing OLB, a CB, a Safety, a NT a true #1 WR. As well as Philly is playing they could EASILY take a slide back in 2014.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. I wouldnt be surprised to see the Eagles winning a playoff game this year and then not even qualifying next. Foles has been amazing but can we really expect a 118.8 QBR again. I mean if you look at the numbers Foles probably has been the 2nd best QB in the entire NFL this year... can the Eagles fan really expect that again. Im also willing to admit things just keep falling our way. No Romo, no AP, no Aaron Rodgers, couple of key calls going our way. THis sample size is just to small for any objective person to think Philly has turned the corner for good. I think the Eagles OLine isnt getting the credit they deserve in Foles success. THe guy was just standing there for SEVERAL seconds last week going threw his reads. Our RT Johnson has been the best of the 3 taken last year, Kelce (C) might be playing the best Center ball in the league now, Jason Peters and Evan Mathis are both top 3 in their position but are old. 2 years from now they could be done. Not to mention we need a blitzing OLB, a CB, a Safety, a NT a true #1 WR. As well as Philly is playing they could EASILY take a slide back in 2014.

I think the Eagles will be even better next year because they have a fantastic coach. I said a while back that he reminded me of Jimmy Johnson, not schematically, but in his confidence and the way he knows exactly what he wants his football team to look like. If the Eagles make the right moves in FA and the draft, they could be a load the next 4-5 years

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Eagles offense is a College offense at all, so I don't think it will be "figured out" the way some of the others seem to have been. But, their tendencies will be studied and teams will take them more seriously next year which will make it harder on them to have the same success as they did this year. If their Offensive line stays strong they will have success no matter what they run.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1 I've had my messaging on here turned off since Eriko was spamming it and the admins wouldnt do anything about it....

Never opened them back up and prolly never will.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins got a mess on their hands but so do the Cowboys depending on how the surgery with Romo goes the drafting of JJ and so on and so on

Different Problems same results SMH