• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Astros invade Globe Life for deciding series 9/2-9/4

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet Lance McCullers was talking trash on Twitter about Yu giving up 5 runs in 4 innings. Lance f'ing McCullers. Talking trash. From the DL. About Yu Darvish. I'm not kidding.

Astros players are talking trash to a team that has beaten them 13 out of 16 games this year, leads them by 9.5 games, and just won yet another series against them.

I have never in my life seen a more pathetic, crybaby, jealous team and city in my life. Their GM, their manager, their players, and their fans... all salty 24/7 and can never take defeat with any class.

Did someone point out on Twitter we won every series against them?

downloadfile-1.jpg

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to RR game tonight. Chi Chi struggled tonight. Can't get minor league batters out. Constantly got behind batters and when ahead ran the count up.

Memphis was hitting him hard too. Rain delay saved him from pitching more. What happened to this guy?

don't know but hopefully we don't see him at the major league level with the Rangers again

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't know but hopefully we don't see him at the major league level with the Rangers again

He's only 24. Little early to kick him totally to the curb IMO.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only 24. Little early to kick him totally to the curb IMO.

maybe but with his lack of performance at both the the mlb and at AAA levels perhaps we should send him back down to AA or trade him to another team

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe but with his lack of performance at both the the mlb and at AAA levels perhaps we should send him back down to AA or trade him to another team

Granted, he's not looked good for us at damn near any level over the past 2 years.

But this team's minor league pitching is not good, so I'm all for working with him b/c his trade value can't be much right now.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, he's not looked good for us at damn near any level over the past 2 years.

But this team's minor league pitching is not good, so I'm all for working with him b/c his trade value can't be much right now.

maybe you are right but how is it going to help our MILB pitching?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe you are right but how is it going to help our MILB pitching?

No clue. I just know that many times pitchers blossom later than 25 years old. And like I said earlier, we need arms to develop in the minors in order to help the big club later on.

Look at what the Cubs got in a pitcher named Jake Arietta. His ERA for his first 4 years in the AL was about 6 when he was 22-26 years old. In his last 4, which brings him to 30, it's about 3. Not suggesting Jake and Chi-Chi are going to be associated as late bloomers, but again, I don't give up on guys this young. Especially when he showed a lot of promise earlier in his career.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue. I just know that many times pitchers blossom later than 25 years old. And like I said earlier, we need arms to develop in the minors in order to help the big club later on.

Look at what the Cubs got in a pitcher named Jake Arietta. His ERA for his first 4 years in the AL was about 6 when he was 22-26 years old. In his last 4, which brings him to 30, it's about 3. Not suggesting Jake and Chi-Chi are going to be associated as late bloomers, but again, I don't give up on guys this young. Especially when he showed a lot of promise earlier in his career.

as long as he doesn't interfere with the advancement of Mendez, Ragans, Jurado, Martin, Sadzeck, Speas, Matuella, P. Payano, J. Hernandez and J. Payano, i have no problem keeping him