• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: @ Astros for the final road series

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix is a pretty decent #2-3 pitcher. This team needs an ace.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pull FELIX please!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix is a pretty decent #2-3 pitcher. This team needs an ace.

Yeah, Felix is no longer good enough to be an ace in this league anymore... He's a very good #2 though... Hopefully Paxson and Walker can become the ace we need in the near future...

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Felix is no longer good enough to be an ace in this league anymore... He's a very good #2 though... Hopefully Paxson and Walker can become the ace we need in the near future...
If marte learned how to play his position the inning would have ended and you wouldnt be shitting on felix right now

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
felix with another turd

hope he rehabs that ankle big time this winter

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If marte learned how to play his position the inning would have ended and you wouldnt be shitting on felix right now
^^^ This

They had the 3rd out until Marte shit the bed and fucked up the play. THEN Lind did the same on what should have been a routine play. Hard to put blame on your starter when the defense behind him is giving another team playing for their lives 5 outs in an inning.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix still can't figure out the Astros.

Anyway, this playoff chase is still on and our chances remain to be about math and not emotion. Toronto beat Baltimore, so we lose no ground on them even if the 8-4 score holds up. Still 2 back with now 5 to play.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good pitchers overcome that... Not going to blame the entire inning on Marte... 5 more runs were scored that inning after the error...

... and if Marte hadn't made that great grab early on, we'd probably be "shitting" on Felix earlier... He's a shell of his former self and it's too bad because his prime was wasted away here in Seattle...

Last edited:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marte is who he is. A player that doesn't belong right now. I'm not gonna blame him. This is on Felix. One error can't completely derail a game like that. He then walked an awful hitter and didn't cover first in time on the Lind play. After that he just made some awful pitches. The same thing happened in his 2014 start in Toronto. His own error derailed him that day. It's unfair but it will be tough for me to forget how small he's been in some big moments

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marte is who he is. A player that doesn't belong right now. I'm not gonna blame him. This is on Felix. One error can't completely derail a game like that. He then walked an awful hitter and didn't cover first in time on the Lind play. After that he just made some awful pitches. The same thing happened in his 2014 start in Toronto. His own error derailed him that day. It's unfair but it will be tough for me to forget how small he's been in some big moments

Yeah, I sadly feel the same... he's been very small in some of the biggest games in Seattle... I enjoyed watching him all these years but he's definitely been a disappointment when we've needed him the most... Reminds me of Carson Palmer... Great during the regular season but chokes in the big games...

He's no Russell Wilson...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game, but I saw in the bottom of the 5th with Felix pitching we were up 4-2.. WTF happened ? I"m thinking ok we have our Ace on the mound, season on the brink, 10 over .500 mark that's been like a road block, potential to get within 1 game of the wild-card ... and I tune in and it's 8-4 Astros in the 8th ? WTF is going on with Felix, it's not like the guy is 40 years old... Has he just flat out lost his dominant stuff now ? This was his time to shine! This was his time to shut the door and give the M's a shot at the playoffs... Look they still have a shot at this with 5 games left but that was a brutal moment ..

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I sadly feel the same... he's been very small in some of the biggest games in Seattle... I enjoyed watching him all these years but he's definitely been a disappointment when we've needed him the most... Reminds me of Carson Palmer... Great during the regular season but chokes in the big games...

He's no Russell Wilson...
But honestly, how many truly big games has he even pitched in here? Before last night, the most distant one I remember watching was last week and he was great. 2014 vs Toronto? Ok, but does that mean we're up to 3 now?

He certainly isn't what he used to be, but at least before last night he still had the best ERA of any starter on the staff.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has myriad deficiencies, and is still in the thick of it.

83 wins is about where I expected the team to finish, and they're already there.

I've never been the most optimistic person on this forum, but I see no reason to get all negative.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But honestly, how many truly big games has he even pitched in here? Before last night, the most distant one I remember watching was last week and he was great. 2014 vs Toronto? Ok, but does that mean we're up to 3 now?

He certainly isn't what he used to be, but at least before last night he still had the best ERA of any starter on the staff.

Now granted, he hasn't pitched in a postseason game but there were a few games where we needed our ace and he just simply didn't show up...

The M's pay their ACE, $25 million a year... We're in the heat of a pennant race in the month of September... Look how he has pitched over the past 6 games...

upload_2016-9-28_11-14-16.png

A time where this team needed him to step up and earn his pay, he hasn't even come close to that... It's disappointing but we all new this day would eventually come... I just wish it didn't come at this point in time...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 7-0 lead is now 7-4. If the Astros end up winning this game, I'm going to throw my TV out the window and drink all the whiskey in my house.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 7-0 lead is now 7-4. If the Astros end up winning this game, I'm going to throw my TV out the window and drink all the whiskey in my house.

That's how I felt about the UW-Arizona game. Unfortunately hitting the bottle at this hour isn't an option for me.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now granted, he hasn't pitched in a postseason game but there were a few games where we needed our ace and he just simply didn't show up...

The M's pay their ACE, $25 million a year... We're in the heat of a pennant race in the month of September... Look how he has pitched over the past 6 games...

View attachment 148954

A time where this team needed him to step up and earn his pay, he hasn't even come close to that... It's disappointing but we all new this day would eventually come... I just wish it didn't come at this point in time...
True enough, there is a difference between MAKING that kind of money and actually EARNING it. Unfortunately, we've had this ace for over a decade, and while he shouldn't be feeling like he's been there twice as long, at times, it certainly seems like it, especially where games like last night are concerned.

It's hard not to like what he's done over the years, but when the team is trying to prove us wrong about the season (and I'll gladly admit being wrong should things turn out that way), the last thing you need is one of your best pitchers to conk out on the mound.

Perhaps they can go over his routine and do something to help like they did when Taijuan couldn't get out of that first inning some time ago?