• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assessment Of the Cavs Team

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Draymond Green is DPOY, KD is second in the league in blocks and the Warriors lead the league in blocks.

Clearly no defensive presence in the paint.

Green has NOTHING on Rodman in the post or in the mental game dept in psyching out opponents.

Yea lets put KD on Shaq with his twiggy 130 pound ass. ROFLMAO. That should be fun to see

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's team was focused to win the championship (Though they may still have lost to the Spurs with Leonard and Parker. . This years team is a lazy ass team who can't take of the ball with mental lapses. Cavs every bit as good as last year? With that defense or lack thereof? They couldn't defend their way out of a paper bag. Last years Cavs team smokes this Cavs team every day and twice on Sunday. Isiah doesn't play a lick of D either so he isn't going to be some saving grace for them in that regard.

This year's Cavs are better defensively because of the addition of Crowder. Last year's team was awful defensively.

I really can't wait until June. Going to be really fun to hear your explanations about how the only reason they won again is because everybody else sucks.

There has never been so much elite talent concentrated on a few rosters. Those teams are all very good. Just not good enough to beat GS who is truly great.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green has NOTHING on Rodman in the post or in the mental game dept in psyching out opponents.

Yea lets put KD on Shaq with his twiggy 130 pound ass. ROFLMAO. That should be fun to see

Have you learned nothing here.

Shaq is the most overrated player in the history of all sports. He's basically Oliver Miller if Oliver Miller decided he didn't want to be Oliver Miller. Why can't you get that through your head?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When did I say KD would guard Shaq?

He would see constant doubles though, and KD an Dray are pretty awesome options to send as second defenders.

By the way, the Bulls had nobody to guard Shaq either.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's Cavs are better defensively because of the addition of Crowder. Last year's team was awful defensively.

I really can't wait until June. Going to be really fun to hear your explanations about how the only reason they won again is because everybody else sucks.

There has never been so much elite talent concentrated on a few rosters. Those teams are all very good. Just not good enough to beat GS who is truly great.

I said before, Im not entirely confident EITHER team even makes it to June. Warriors can lose to Houston or San Antonio this year. Cavs can lose to either Boston or Washington. Theres too much overrating going on here. Its obviously BOTH teams are having problems this year. Cavs losing Irving hurts if all they are gonna get is Isiah as a replacement and if Rose stays out forever. They can't score enough to make up for their non-existent D. IF Cavs want any shot they better ditch Lue and make a a huge trade before deadline.

Im assuming one of the teams make it, but not both. Its possible neither. Big time overrated these two teams are around here.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before, Im not entirely confident EITHER team even makes it to June. Warriors can lose to Houston or San Antonio this year. Cavs can lose to either Boston or Washington. Theres too much overrating going on here. Its obviously BOTH teams are having problems this year. Cavs losing Irving hurts if all they are gonna get is Isiah as a replacement and if Rose stays out forever. They can't score enough to make up for their non-existent D. IF Cavs want any shot they better ditch Lue and make a a huge trade before deadline.

Im assuming one of the teams make it, but not both. Its possible neither. Big time overrated these two teams are around here.

What if the Cavs decide to waive Derrick Rose and the Warriors pick him up? That's gotta put them easily over the top as the greatest team of all time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep em coming.

This is why you get so much love for worst poster. Classic.

Like I said guys, @Montalban and @Pastafazul can be annoying at times, but they are nowhere near as bad as this dude. Not even in the ballpark.

As bad as Wiggy and Hurricane are, they at least have semi intelligent moments. It is their personalities that ruin them.

DorianRo far and away the worst poster on the NBA boards and it isn't close. He legitimately believes the garbage he spews.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep em coming.

Like I said guys, @Montalban and @Pastafazul can be annoying at times, but they are nowhere near as bad as this dude. Not even in the ballpark.

As bad as Wiggy and Hurricane are, they at least have semi intelligent moments. It is their personalities that ruin them.

DorianRo far and away the worst poster on the NBA boards and it isn't close. He legitimately believes the garbage he spews.

If you ignore that the dumb shit Dorian sayz he ain't that bad. The problem is all he sayz is dumb shit.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually like to see some of those teams from the past go up against the W's. I'm sure the W's would be "Damn! These guys are PHYSICAL!" and the way-back team would like "Damn, everybody on that team can shoot and handle the ball!". Apples and oranges. Today's game favors polished skill sets because refs won't allow the type of physical play they used to and with the zone defenses they run today the post scorer just isn't as valuable as it used to be. A team like the Pelicans would probably do much better back in the 80's then they're doing today with Cousins and Davis.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually like to see some of those teams from the past go up against the W's. I'm sure the W's would be "Damn! These guys are PHYSICAL!" and the way-back team would like "Damn, everybody on that team can shoot and handle the ball!". Apples and oranges. Today's game favors polished skill sets because refs won't allow the type of physical play they used to and with the zone defenses they run today the post scorer just isn't as valuable as it used to be. A team like the Pelicans would probably do much better back in the 80's then they're doing today with Cousins and Davis.

I have said it before and I will say it again.

The physicality difference is way overblown. The NBA took away non-basketball plays and handchecking. Look of the physique of players today compared to the 80s. Again, apples and oranges. Today's players are bigger faster stronger and the game is still far more physical than comments like these would have you believe.

The difference is the video clips you see with defenders clotheslining a player firing to the rim. That was not the norm. It happened sometimes and it doesn't happen today. In terms of standard foul/ no foul, there is actually a lot of contact allowed today.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it before and I will say it again.

The physicality difference is way overblown. The NBA took away non-basketball plays and handchecking. Look of the physique of players today compared to the 80s. Again, apples and oranges. Today's players are bigger faster stronger and the game is still far more physical than comments like these would have you believe.

The difference is the video clips you see with defenders clotheslining a player firing to the rim. That was not the norm. It happened sometimes and it doesn't happen today. In terms of standard foul/ no foul, there is actually a lot of contact allowed today.

That's the point. Back in the 80's if a player was going to the rim they had to go strong because there was a strong possibility that someone would take their head off without any thought of getting at the ball. No refs going to the scorers table for a replay, no suspension for the offender, just two FT's. And yes, that made the game more physical. And fights were pretty much a part of the league back then. Not to the extent of the NHL but it was definitely there. I like Durant and understand why he struts around like he does but if he got in the face of someone like Xavier McDaniel with his tough guy routine he'd get floored.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many have them as the automatic winners of the East especially with Gordon Hayward out for the season, and the Wizards made no improvements. Not so fast

Team break down

Center: K love (borderline all star player, almost 30 years old, injury prone and slowly diminishing athletically but still good production when healthy. He's a good #3 on a championship caliber team but is now upgraded to the #2 spot at the moment. Backup Thomposon ( really good rebounded and hustler and that's about it).

PF: Crowder: ( solid defender and a nice role player/spot up shooter on offense. Backup Channing Frye ( at this moment in his career he should be lucky he's to be in the league).

SF: LBJ (33 years old and still a top 5 player but slowly declining). The most amazing attribute is his ability to stay healthy which is something I can't say for the rest of this team. Backup Jeff Green (old and injury prone and at this point in his career he's just another guy)

SG: . Wade aka Fade. Dude has fallen off the cliff and it's even more sad than watching rose. At 35 years of age he looks like he belongs in that three on three league. Backup: JR Smith (another really old dude that has hit has fallen off the cliff.

PG: Rose ( It feels like he's 100 years old since he's been through so much but he's only 28 and has a little bit left in the tank. Dude is unfortunately already injured and as the #3 option right now he is a shell of his former self and it's very sad. Backup and potentially future starter Isaiah Thomas ( we just don't know what this guy is going to be after his hip injury which took him out for about 9 months since he won't be back until after the All Star break. He's a 29 year old midget coming off the worst injury of his career. He flourished under the great C's coaching/system and turned into a great offensive weapon. However, the combination of his age, injury and being the biggest defensive liability every time on the court I don't see him adding much but 15 ppg and 4 ast in this system with these players.

Coach: Meh average at best

So you have an aging superstar who's on the decline, an aging and injured 2 time all second team All NBA player in Love (2014 last great season), a nice defensive player at PF, two old and washed up injury prone players at SG and PG who are both backed up by old and injury prone guys as well. This team should be in a retirement/nursing home. They do have the old dude in Kover who stays healthy and once in a blue moon has a big shooting night from three point land then disappears for the next month or two.

After it's all said and done they will be lucky if 4 dudes aren't injured or out by the time the postseason starts and even if they're healthy they don't have the horses to compete with the Bucks who would run circles around those old dudes in a 7 game series. I thought my Celtics had a good shot before the injury now I see a clear path for the Bucks to be slaughtered by GS in the championship. lol

Nice avi, fag.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't decide which is funnier. Sushi mocking Dorian or Dorian not catching on? :noidea:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep em coming.

I don’t know, man. He definitely posts — and seems to believe — a lot of stupid shit, but I’m not sure it’d be so easy to identify the “worst” poster on the NBA threads. I spend varying time on the MLB, CFB, general sports, politics and NBA threads, and it’s my opinion that the NBA threads have the highest ratio of talking meatballs per capita.

And before anyone gets their dick in a knot, I’m not saying there are no intelligent posters on the NBA threads, or that these threads are “dumber” than the others, just saying that it seems to me that I run into more complete half-wits on the NBA threads than the others.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know, man. He definitely posts — and seems to believe — a lot of stupid shit, but I’m not sure it’d be so easy to identify the “worst” poster on the NBA threads. I spend varying time on the MLB, CFB, general sports, politics and NBA threads, and it’s my opinion that the NBA threads have the highest ratio of talking meatballs per capita.

And before anyone gets their dick in a knot, I’m not saying there are no intelligent posters on the NBA threads, or that these threads are “dumber” than the others, just saying that it seems to me that I run into more complete half-wits on the NBA threads than the others.

Particularly @trojanfan12

6C71FD80-DF3D-47E4-A5BC-C6518C4951B0.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

d06.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep em coming.

The Potato is pretty bad too.

Mindless or semi coherent ramblings.

I don't block people.

But, they are top 2 on my posts skipped list.

I just can't with either of them.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

th