• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As the sands through the hour glass. .....

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball/Hillman-ESPN's Jeff Legwold expects the Broncos to use a "hot-hand" approach at running back.
Ronnie Hillman has been the hot-hand to this point, and will get the bulk of the carries in Sunday's game against Oakland. It leaves the potential for Montee Ball to regain his starting job if Hillman starts to struggle. Ball has shed 12 pounds since his Week 5 groin injury, and has reportedly looked impressive during practice. Hillman was held to 16 yards on 10 carries in last week's loss.

The Browns- Coach Mike Pettine still views the Browns' running back rotation as a week-to-week proposition.
All three running backs -- Terrance West, Ben Tate, and Isaiah Crowell -- were heavily involved in Thursday night's throttling of the Bengals, and it appears the Browns will maintain a "hot hand" approach moving forward. "It will still come down to the gameplan and how the week of practice goes," were Pettine's words. West currently seems like the "safest" option in Cleveland's tailback corps. He led the team with 26 rushing attempts at Cincinnati.

AP- the NFLPA:“Our union worked with the NFL, the Minnesota Vikings and Adrian’’s representatives on a mutual agreement pending the adjudication of his legal case,” the union said. “Now that his legal matter is resolved, we believe it is Adrian’’s right to be treated in a manner that is consistent with similar cases under our collective bargaining agreement. We will pursue any and all remedies if those rights are breached.”

Anyone miss the days where RB's carried 30 times and didn't beat their kids?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do miss the days of a 30 carry RB for sure - - but as far as their personal life - really, really don't care - I don't idolize or see any athlete as a role model. If they commit a crime and get locked up, then you know for sure they won't play.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also the suggestion that Ball is in better shape, having shed some weight and apparently looking better than he did when he returned from his appendectomy. Along with that, apparently Julius Thomas has been catching less and pass-protecting more to make up for Hillman's weakness there. (The stats back up that notion: in the 4 games Ball started, Julius had 20 catches on 24 targets; in the four games since, 12 catches on 18 targets.)

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is I'm gonna have to figure out each week whether I want to start Hillman or Ball, thereby guaranteeing that whichever one is on my bench in a given week will get all the points? Great.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is I'm gonna have to figure out each week whether I want to start Hillman or Ball, thereby guaranteeing that whichever one is on my bench in a given week will get all the points? Great.

Yah. . That's about the size of it

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do miss the days of a 30 carry RB for sure - - but as far as their personal life - really, really don't care - I don't idolize or see any athlete as a role model. If they commit a crime and get locked up, then you know for sure they won't play.

I'm pretty much with you there. . Just wish there was a clear yes he's in jail. . No he isn't. . So we'd know whether to have him or not. After that. . Not really my concern

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes me wonder whether I should start Hillman.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone miss the days where RB's carried 30 times and didn't beat their kids?
I just miss the days of a running back rushing between 20-30 times, and being the main guy. Guys still had long careers with heavy workloads. Saving 100 touches a year doesn't stop the aging process IMO. Might as well use these studs while you can. I actually liked seeing Demarco used as a workhorse this year. Brought me back to a time when the Barry's and Emmitt's ruled the world.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also the suggestion that Ball is in better shape, having shed some weight and apparently looking better than he did when he returned from his appendectomy. Along with that, apparently Julius Thomas has been catching less and pass-protecting more to make up for Hillman's weakness there. (The stats back up that notion: in the 4 games Ball started, Julius had 20 catches on 24 targets; in the four games since, 12 catches on 18 targets.)

It could come down to start Bell so Julius gets more involved. I like J Thomas catching passes and Bell blocking a lot better for the Broncos.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is why Julius has sucked so badly lately? Makes good sense.