• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A's designate Jim Johnson

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... for the shit-pile. I really want someone to come back here in October & tell me I was dead wrong about this POS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 blew 2 saves against Cleveland and almost gave another one up today, went to extras. It must of been a fluke last year.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... for the shit-pile. I really want someone to come back here in October & tell me I was dead wrong about this POS.

This must be wishful thinking, and not reporting of actual events, correct?

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 blew 2 saves against Cleveland and almost gave another one up today, went to extras. It must of been a fluke last year.

Today was a blown save too. He just didn't take a loss in this one. It must have been a 2-year fluke.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This must be wishful thinking, and not reporting of actual events, correct?

I thought the use of "shit-pile" may have given it away. But yes, I hope they do something before this becomes costly. The AL West is going to very tough. You can't piss away chances like he has.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 blown saves already.

ERA of what? gotta be in the 20s???

He had better pick it up or GTFO

Isaiah4110

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years. I can't help but think there has to be something wrong with him. Either he is trying to play through an injury or somehow his mechanics have gotten screwed up. There is no way the guy we have had pitching for us the first two weeks would have been able to get 50+ saves two years in a row for Baltimore.

3 blown saves already.

ERA of what? gotta be in the 20s???

He had better pick it up or GTFO
First, Otero technically got credited with the BS today as he was the one who gave up the sac fly that tied the game.

Second, his ERA is not in the 20s... yet. His ERA after the disaster of a game today is sitting at 18.90.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years. I can't help but think there has to be something wrong with him. Either he is trying to play through an injury or somehow his mechanics have gotten screwed up. There is no way the guy we have had pitching for us the first two weeks would have been able to get 50+ saves two years in a row for Baltimore.

First, Otero technically got credited with the BS today as he was the one who gave up the sac fly that tied the game.

Second, his ERA is not in the 20s... yet. His ERA after the disaster of a game today is sitting at 18.90.

:L:L:L

Isaiah4110

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same goes for Reddick!
Wow, so I guess that means the same goes for Cespedes, Donaldson, Fuld, Jaso, Punto and Barton too right?

Two weeks into the season and already you want to replace 1/3rd of the team because then didn't come out of the gates white hot. Brilliant.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an O's fan I will say that I am ecstatic to see him gone. I feel your pain...its what I had to endure for stretches the past two years. Hand on chest screaming for Elizabeth. Yes he led the Majors in saves the past 2 seasons...but in both seasons he had stretches where he couldn't do anything right. In 2012 it was a short stint in the playoffs against the Yankees which ultimately sealed our fate in that series, and in 13 it was a longer stretch that ultimately ended our momentum in the second half and thus our season.

It all starts with his sinker. When he is off...its cause his sinker is off. If it isnt sinking....then its just sitting on a tee for the hitter. The last two years he was able to make adjustments finally and get it back to sinking....but the damage was already done.

Just be happy that your team did what ours was unwilling to do...and bench him. Just be thankful it happened early and you solved this problem already. I envy that...

Good luck.:suds:

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, so I guess that means the same goes for Cespedes, Donaldson, Fuld, Jaso, Punto and Barton too right?

Two weeks into the season and already you want to replace 1/3rd of the team because then didn't come out of the gates white hot. Brilliant.

Why would I name the other players? Get off your high horse. Reddick sucked it big last year & shows no sign of doing ant better this year. He knows he sucks. Why the constant change in the facial hair? I just don't think he's as good as he or the A's think he is. Period.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sense some serious homerism in this thread.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least his closing duties have been stripped. and for 10 mil. ouch

Closer by committee for the time being.

Isaiah4110

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an O's fan I will say that I am ecstatic to see him gone. I feel your pain...its what I had to endure for stretches the past two years. Hand on chest screaming for Elizabeth. Yes he led the Majors in saves the past 2 seasons...but in both seasons he had stretches where he couldn't do anything right. In 2012 it was a short stint in the playoffs against the Yankees which ultimately sealed our fate in that series, and in 13 it was a longer stretch that ultimately ended our momentum in the second half and thus our season.

It all starts with his sinker. When he is off...its cause his sinker is off. If it isnt sinking....then its just sitting on a tee for the hitter. The last two years he was able to make adjustments finally and get it back to sinking....but the damage was already done.

Just be happy that your team did what ours was unwilling to do...and bench him. Just be thankful it happened early and you solved this problem already. I envy that...

Good luck.:suds:
Seems like you were pretty spot-on with this post. He just threw a great 2 inning outing (4 Ks). Apparently one of our catchers talked to him ahead of the outing and told him the opposition knows that all he is going to throw them is his sinker. So they sit on it and crush it. Encouraged/pushed him to throw his secondary stuff and oh what a difference. Then he told Johnson he needs to keep throwing the secondary stuff until they respect it before he considers going back to throwing the sinker as much as he did before. Source from A's website

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to be a closer, your either loved or hated...Reason why they command such big money I spose.

I can't count the amount of closers I wished a painful death too over the decades. It's early in the year and easy to discard pitchers now, but it is the one's come fall ya want to close out ballgames for your team.

Perhaps move Johnson down to a "set-up" guy in the 8th or even mid-relief duties and take the pressure off him till he learns how to handle the 9th inning duties.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to be a closer, your either loved or hated...Reason why they command such big money I spose.

I can't count the amount of closers I wished a painful death too over the decades. It's early in the year and easy to discard pitchers now, but it is the one's come fall ya want to close out ballgames for your team.

Perhaps move Johnson down to a "set-up" guy in the 8th or even mid-relief duties and take the pressure off him till he learns how to handle the 9th inning duties.

Hopefully Oakland can get a big lead tonight and we can see Johnson get out there for an inning... 7th or 8th. A Confidence builder without a ton of pressure is what he need right now.

a 1... 2... 3... inning may just get him back on track....:hope:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an inning pitched. one hit no walks, no runs.

step in the right direction for Johnson